BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom

So he plays Travis straight after a long lay off with no reserve games then stops playing him eventually with no reserve games either.

Prime bullshit 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

So he plays Travis straight after a long lay off with no reserve games then stops playing him eventually with no reserve games either.

Prime bullshit 

I would be interested as to whether Mowbray ever said Travis was injured or not fit - in the context of this latest "reason" it makes all the difference. I would personally agree with TM that Travis looked leggy and wasn't particularly effective when he came back from injury. However - as you point out - a good manager would have spotted that on the training ground (with all the performance stats he keeps bleating on about) prior to putting him back in the team.

1 hour ago, RoverKyle said:

Press coverage does us no favours. We aren't looked on favourably as a club or a fan base. Not sure why, but there's definitely a vendetta against Rovers. 

We literally need positive reinforcement from a big name in the game like Shearer (who's effectively 25 years removed from the club) to get any sort of support media wise.

Small club who had their moment in the sun cos of Jack Walker, now back in your boxes and leave the big boys at it 

Would be my take on the gist of it 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I would be interested as to whether Mowbray ever said Travis was injured or not fit - in the context of this latest "reason" it makes all the difference. I would personally agree with TM that Travis looked leggy and wasn't particularly effective when he came back from injury. However - as you point out - a good manager would have spotted that on the training ground (with all the performance stats he keeps bleating on about) prior to putting him back in the team.

Lets make it simple.

Mowbray picks the team and as a self proclaimed football genius will only pick players who are fit to play.

How are we doing? Keeping up?

Mowbray has a huge entourage of fitness assistants that he often quotes from when talking of players fitness and or injury.

Its Mowbray that makes the final team choice so the selection of any player who turns out not fit for purpose is down to Mowbray. None else.

Here Mowbray is in some way I cannot fully comprehend trying to pass the selection to play on to the player himself.

He is certifiable.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, mustard said:

Hold up hold up. 

He just said sometimes teams "only have fight" Like it's a fucking bad thing. 

Honestly, this isn't hyperbole, but I think he has lost the plot. 

So much shite in that clip. I think its safe to say he's expecting a sacking and can't believe he hasn't been 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hold up hold up. 

So much shite in that clip. I think its safe to say he's expecting a sacking and can't believe he hasn't been 

I said it before - but reminds me so much of the final weeks when we had Souness. Just wish that Newcastle would take TM off our hands 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mustard said:

Thanks for the video. From his demeanour (which is never easy with the old goat), he seems like a man ready to be off. It's the hope that kills us .(Been said for two years now by the fan base.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hold up hold up. 

I don't think Mowbray is an overly intelligent man.  IMO, it's frightening.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I suspect Travis may have stood up to him or spoken out about something hence this latest stint of him not featuring.

This. Scousers can’t keep their gobs shut at the best of times, never mind the worst of times. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lets make it simple.

Mowbray picks the team and as a self proclaimed football genius will only pick players who are fit to play.

How are we doing? Keeping up?

Mowbray has a huge entourage of fitness assistants that he often quotes from when talking of players fitness and or injury.

Its Mowbray that makes the final team choice so the selection of any player who turns out not fit for purpose is down to Mowbray. None else.

Here Mowbray is in some way I cannot fully comprehend trying to pass the selection to play on to the player himself.

He is certifiable.

If I was a sensitive soul I would find some of this more than a little condescending (which means patronising if you don't know what it means 😆)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I’ve come to read Mowbray press releases with a view of who it’s designed to speak to. It not for us it’s for Venkys. Does he speak regularly to them about games. Don’t make me laugh. He is telling them what he’s trying to achieve at that everyone can see how good the performance are. It’s not them telling him they agree. Then he does the good owners stick with managers. Have they said that. No way.

He is appealing to them again for more time that’s my opinion don’t judge on results but performance that’s what good owners do.

Desperate rather than devious and in limbo no reassurances just silence. Even Waggot doesn’t know what’s going on because by any standard he should be gone.

The big question is why. He’s losing matches the fans and the players. I still believe Oldham and Mercer the clocks ticking.

Ps mercer don’t quit there’s not enough of us anyway without losing loyal ones. I for one appreciate your opinions.

Part of me wants to agree with this as I don’t take what Mowbray says at face value. When you objectively read and listen to what he has said. I think he is a man under pressure he’s sounded like this for weeks. Which does make me think he’s been told he’s being moved on in the summer. A lot of what he’s saying now is damage recovery as most now think we are underachieving and other championship blogs etc have picked this up. Playing the hard done to crowd isn’t to venkys it’s for his next job. Also I do agree mercer stay on here just because it’s not happened doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at the time 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Part of me wants to agree with this as I don’t take what Mowbray says at face value. When you objectively read and listen to what he has said. I think he is a man under pressure he’s sounded like this for weeks. Which does make me think he’s been told he’s being moved on in the summer. A lot of what he’s saying now is damage recovery as most now think we are underachieving and other championship blogs etc have picked this up. Playing the hard done to crowd isn’t to venkys it’s for his next job. Also I do agree mercer stay on here just because it’s not happened doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at the time 

Hope you're right and he takes his lapdog (sorry, boss) with him to pastures new - a division or two down from this one.

• Like 1

From what am hearing “ Summer Review “ .. Venkys have always been slow .... 

knowing how good he is with his BS and knows how to play them . He could get another season ... His pals around him all depend on him .. Venus Waggot and Co .. Shambles 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This is why comparisons are being made with Kean. He might not be as bad as Kean was, but some of the crap he comes out with is certainly on his level. Kean said something similar about Nelsen, yet Nelsen was fine and was swiftly moved on to Spurs.

I suspect Travis may have stood up to him or spoken out about something hence this latest stint of him not featuring.

For me, Mowbray has ruined Travis in terms of development. A couple of years ago it looked like we had a player on our hands. He was making driving forward runs, I remember him looking really good at Newcastle in the FA Cup, for example. That player has disappeared since then and been made to play crab football like Evans and Smallwood. The dynamism has been coached out of him. So many players are regressing under this manager, yet he talks as of developing players is one of his strong points. The delusion is something else.

My view on Travis exactly. He's been "Mowbrayed".

• Like 5