• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry Paul, but it really has bewildered me that running Blackburn Rovers sensibly has been made to look as arduous as sewing in sparring mitts, but that is how it has been presented throughout th

I certainly don't claim to be 'ITK' at all but shortly after the final whistle yesterday I received a text from someone extremely close to the club - not the playing or coaching side - who doesn't nor

The trouble is, this is a well-trodden route in the Copybook of Tony Mowbray. A week back, prior to Cardiff and following the utterly woeful and woebegone showings against Wigan and Barnsley, we neede

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lets make it simple.

Mowbray picks the team and as a self proclaimed football genius will only pick players who are fit to play.

How are we doing? Keeping up?

Mowbray has a huge entourage of fitness assistants that he often quotes from when talking of players fitness and or injury.

Its Mowbray that makes the final team choice so the selection of any player who turns out not fit for purpose is down to Mowbray. None else.

Here Mowbray is in some way I cannot fully comprehend trying to pass the selection to play on to the player himself.

He is certifiable.

If I was a sensitive soul I would find some of this more than a little condescending (which means patronising if you don't know what it means 😆)

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I’ve come to read Mowbray press releases with a view of who it’s designed to speak to. It not for us it’s for Venkys. Does he speak regularly to them about games. Don’t make me laugh. He is telling them what he’s trying to achieve at that everyone can see how good the performance are. It’s not them telling him they agree. Then he does the good owners stick with managers. Have they said that. No way.

He is appealing to them again for more time that’s my opinion don’t judge on results but performance that’s what good owners do.

Desperate rather than devious and in limbo no reassurances just silence. Even Waggot doesn’t know what’s going on because by any standard he should be gone.

The big question is why. He’s losing matches the fans and the players. I still believe Oldham and Mercer the clocks ticking.

Ps mercer don’t quit there’s not enough of us anyway without losing loyal ones. I for one appreciate your opinions.

Part of me wants to agree with this as I don’t take what Mowbray says at face value. When you objectively read and listen to what he has said. I think he is a man under pressure he’s sounded like this for weeks. Which does make me think he’s been told he’s being moved on in the summer. A lot of what he’s saying now is damage recovery as most now think we are underachieving and other championship blogs etc have picked this up. Playing the hard done to crowd isn’t to venkys it’s for his next job. Also I do agree mercer stay on here just because it’s not happened doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at the time 

9 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Part of me wants to agree with this as I don’t take what Mowbray says at face value. When you objectively read and listen to what he has said. I think he is a man under pressure he’s sounded like this for weeks. Which does make me think he’s been told he’s being moved on in the summer. A lot of what he’s saying now is damage recovery as most now think we are underachieving and other championship blogs etc have picked this up. Playing the hard done to crowd isn’t to venkys it’s for his next job. Also I do agree mercer stay on here just because it’s not happened doesn’t mean it wasn’t true at the time 

Hope you're right and he takes his lapdog (sorry, boss) with him to pastures new - a division or two down from this one.

From what am hearing “ Summer Review “ .. Venkys have always been slow .... 

knowing how good he is with his BS and knows how to play them . He could get another season ... His pals around him all depend on him .. Venus Waggot and Co .. Shambles 

48 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This is why comparisons are being made with Kean. He might not be as bad as Kean was, but some of the crap he comes out with is certainly on his level. Kean said something similar about Nelsen, yet Nelsen was fine and was swiftly moved on to Spurs.

I suspect Travis may have stood up to him or spoken out about something hence this latest stint of him not featuring.

For me, Mowbray has ruined Travis in terms of development. A couple of years ago it looked like we had a player on our hands. He was making driving forward runs, I remember him looking really good at Newcastle in the FA Cup, for example. That player has disappeared since then and been made to play crab football like Evans and Smallwood. The dynamism has been coached out of him. So many players are regressing under this manager, yet he talks as of developing players is one of his strong points. The delusion is something else.

My view on Travis exactly. He's been "Mowbrayed".

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have watched the whole thing now.

He says the owners and Waggott "can see the level".

What does that mean? Does he actually think we're playing well but not quite getting the results?

Truly insane ramblings.

Your guess is as good as mine.  Does he actually believe we've been playing well last 14 games?? (Or even before then).  It's absolutely baffling.  Either way, it stinks.

53 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If I was a sensitive soul I would find some of this more than a little condescending (which means patronising if you don't know what it means 😆)

Wasn't mean to be but on re-reading I can see what you mean. Apologies.

3 minutes ago, mustard said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  Does he actually believe we've been playing well last 14 games?? (Or even before then).  It's absolutely baffling.  Either way, it stinks.

i think he` just taking the p**s out of us now,he`s lost the dressing room and the fans and now he`s just waiting for his pay off,you can tell by his mannerisms on the bench,sat down for 60 minutes followed by a few feeble finger points and then a lame excuse for another defeat

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Have watched the whole thing now.

He says the owners and Waggott "can see the level".

What does that mean? Does he actually think we're playing well but not quite getting the results?

Truly insane ramblings.

Yes he does. He has said he is happy with the level of performance.

This guy kept a straight face and said we should have beaten Norwich ignoring that Norwich and for that matter Bournemouth were off the boil when they played us.

Level and Journey are words that he has latched on to in the current brainwashing.

The Journey - no one knows or remembers when it started, where its going or who is on it.

I have called him a fool or worse, he's not, he is a con-man and basically self-serving.

Another thing that pisses me off about TM is that his scapegoats are all promising youngsters: Raya, Nayambe and now Travis. 

Blimey if we have to have a scapegoat there's a fair few more deserving - Ayala, Douglas, Bell, Gally, Bereton, Johnson, Evans to name a few this season. There's quite a few I'd like to see frozen out. But oh no, it's always the good ones. 

Is Travis being scapegoated or lied about? Mowbray said that he wasnt fit enough and that he was a yard off the pace, which he has been since he returned in January where in the main he has been poor.

Thats not a defence of him overall, but ultimately what we have seen on the pitch has become so dire that we are analysing every word that comes out of his mouth, so in a way he has brought it on himself.

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I'll say this. He's a sneaky bugger linking anyone wanting him gone with a hire and fire short term approach. Total bull but a very clever link to make. A deceptive and cunning turd is our Tony. 

He's a very very crafty operator when it comes to the verbals he's been at it years. Trouble is with guys like that when people finally see through them they can't see it themselves.

He's been making a fool of himself for a while now in all but the most blinkered eyes.

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Travis being scapegoated or lied about? Mowbray said that he wasnt fit enough and that he was a yard off the pace, which he has been since he returned in January where in the main he has been poor.

Thats not a defence of him overall, but ultimately what we have seen on the pitch has become so dire that we are analysing every word that comes out of his mouth, so in a way he has brought it on himself.

Is it the right thing to do to dig him out in public? Something he seems to do with young players (except Brereton). Instead of taking on board his pearls of wisdom, they refuse to sign new contracts and then leave!

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is it the right thing to do to dig him out in public? Something he seems to do with young players (except Brereton). Instead of taking on board his pearls of wisdom, they refuse to sign new contracts and then leave!

He seems to have been asked as to the absence of Travis so has just answered. Its not very critical because hes just come back from a big injury. Nyambe and Raya moreso were criticised at times a little too much.

Comparisons on who is worse between Mowbray and Coyle....

Well I am a results based supporter not a performance based supporter.

I don't really care who gives the most annoying performance at the presser Coyle or Mowbray. (A very hard one to call btw). Performance is subjective.

I only care about winning football matches. Winning gets points. Points get promotion or play offs,  excitement, pride, fans at Ewood, money in pockets of local businesses, corporate sponsorship, growth to the local economy, etc, etc. aka Upward Spiral

Mowbray 7 points. 1 win. 4 draws.

Coyle 13 points. 3 wins. 4 draws.

Results based calculator proves Mowbray is worse. Almost 2 times worse.

Performance based calculator, checked by VAR is still a draw. Both wankers.

Coyle had 16 points in his last 15 games so Mowbray has a chance to be over twice as bad. What a claim to fame that is.

42 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I think performances are worse than results. We only don't lose heavily because we spend 80 mins aimlessly passing it about without any penetration whatsoever. 

everyone in the division knows it as well,all you have to is sit a bit deeper and wait for the inevitable space between midfield and defence to appear,bingo it`s an easy victory