BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Needs to be 4-3-3 tomorrow. 

We shouldnt be basing our system on statistical quirks regarding how a mid table side has fared against different formations. I bet we havent done particularly well against back 3s either. 

We have to play consistently to our own shape and identity, something which Mowbray does not do. Many of our available central midfielders are defensive, Evans, Trybull, Travis and Johnson. On numerous occasions, we have (as we would this weekend if we chose a midfield 3) tried to play one of those further forward where they arent suited. We also know that our best player is Dack who will not get fit playing cameos out of position. Get him behind the striker, Armstrong has been so isolated with the current formation and Rothwell always flatters to deceive. Then in turn have 2 of the other midfielders (Travis and Johnson for me) a little deeper, both of whom can individually push forward from time to time themselves.

• Like 5

My team, a 4-1-3-2

Pears

Nyambe              Lenihan             Kaminski               Downing

Rothwell

Elliott                                Dack                               Brereton

Branthwaite              Harwood-Bellis

Millwall will be like rabbits in the headlights. They won't know what hit them.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

My team, a 4-1-3-2

Pears

Nyambe              Lenihan             Kaminski               Downing

Rothwell

Elliott                                Dack                               Brereton

Branthwaite              Harwood-Bellis

Millwall will be like rabbits in the headlights. They won't know what hit them.

I'll go with that....but not feckin Pears in't nets, not having that.

• Like 2

I’d go 4231. Seasons over and we need Bradley Dack to find form, ASAP. I’d spend the rest of the season making sure we stay up and making sure we find a way to get Bradley some confidence. 

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Loanee (is Ayala back soon?) Douglas

Evans Rothwell

Elliott Dack Brereton

Armstrong

I think we might start seeing cracks if we’re losing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Lenihan, Dack or Loanee red card. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’d go 4231. Seasons over and we need Bradley Dack to find form, ASAP. I’d spend the rest of the season making sure we stay up and making sure we find a way to get Bradley some confidence. 

He will be off if he shows anything like.  Mowbray needs to show the owners something and if its £30m for him and Arma...then that's him and his cronies for the foreseeable 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He will be off if he shows anything like.  Mowbray needs to show the owners something and if its £30m for him and Arma...then that's him and his cronies for the foreseeable 

Arma‘a off. I’m convinced of that. I can’t see anyone paying money for Dack after this season. We need to find a way for that asset to shine again. Suddenly the transfer business doesn’t look as great if Dack is a mid table Championship player. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Arma‘a off. I’m convinced of that. I can’t see anyone paying money for Dack after this season. We need to find a way for that asset to shine again. Suddenly the transfer business doesn’t look as great if Dack is a mid table Championship player. 

dacks best position is just behind the main striker,he will look average if mowbray keeps sticking him here,there and everywhere

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Loanee (is Ayala back soon?) Douglas

Evans Rothwell

Elliott Dack Brereton

Armstrong

I think we might start seeing cracks if we’re losing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Lenihan, Dack or Loanee red card. 

Didnt you say earlier this season that we should plan without Dack and that he was unlikely to play for us again?

Agree with the idea though, hes our best player with Armstrong and it makes sense to play to best suit Dack, we lack a goal threat from midfield and Dack will get in and around Armstrong, but he needs regular time in his best position in the absence of anyone else stepping up. If we are building though, surely Travis plays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Didnt you say earlier this season that we should plan without Dack and that he was unlikely to play for us again?

Agree with the idea though, hes our best player with Armstrong and it makes sense to play to best suit Dack, we lack a goal threat from midfield and Dack will get in and around Armstrong, but he needs regular time in his best position in the absence of anyone else stepping up. If we are building though, surely Travis plays.

Sounds like something I would say. I think if he had come back the same Dack he would have been off. As it stands I can’t see why anyone would buy him, he looks terrible. He seems to have come back too early (thus never play for us again) and have zero confidence. 

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dacks best position is just behind the main striker,he will look average if mowbray keeps sticking him here,there and everywhere

Give Armstrong a rest as losing him for an extended period would be a disaster. Put Brereton central with Dack behind as No10. Playing Dack in any other position is ridiculous. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, alcd said:

Give Armstrong a rest as losing him for an extended period would be a disaster. Put Brereton central with Dack behind as No10. Playing Dack in any other position is ridiculous. 

100% agree about dack but don`t think brereton can play centrally,he`s got a real problem holding the ball up and for someone his size,he ain`t half weedy,defenders knock him off the ball at will

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

100% agree about dack but don`t think brereton can play centrally,he`s got a real problem holding the ball up and for someone his size,he ain`t half weedy,defenders knock him off the ball at will

Nah, it will be his position I think.  He is a strong lad and our best hope of a decent partner for BD.  Incidentally,  my view is that Dack is finished as a serious footballer.

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nah, it will be his position I think.  He is a strong lad and our best hope of a decent partner for BD.  Incidentally,  my view is that Dack is finished as a serious footballer.

it should be his position,just think he needs a lot of work on the training ground to make him effective centrally,thats a problem because there does`nt seem to be much going on at brockhall at the best of times then you`ve got mowbray who will put him anywhere but where he`s supposed to be!!!,probably end up playing right back or holding midfielder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Armstrong will start every match this season, and finish top scorer and player of the season before leaving for an undisclosed fee in the Summer.

Injury not withstanding.

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Armstrong will start every match this season, and finish top scorer and player of the season before leaving for an undisclosed fee in the Summer.

Injury not withstanding.

If there was 40 more games and Armstrong didnt play one of them, he would still finish top scorer to be fair.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I have thought it myself, and it saddened me. 
Let’s hope he’s still working his way back to 100%. It’s obvious he’s definitely not there. 

We're absolutely all over the place at the moment.

No idea what we do formation wise. In Feb we've gone from being decent going forward but weak defensively to rubbish at both. Heads are down too. We've tried 433, 4231 and 343 and not looked much better in any of them.

If you were to pin it to one thing the defence just doesnt look stable and that undermines the whole team. That's been a consistent issue under Mowbray but it's probably at its worst ever point currently.

I'm sure virtually any new manager would come in, spend whatever money is available on defenders and work on clean sheets as a priority. The whole team would grow in confidence from a more stable focus. Not the Mowbray way though.

Surely another loss and he's gone, but the most recent interview makes it sound like he can lose infinite games... Mad.

15 hours ago, JoeH said:

Needs to be 4-3-3 tomorrow. 

@JoeH- do you have any stats on how we've performed against teams with 3 at the back (343, 352, 3412)?

Even when we were playing well it seemed a theme that we get turned over by those formations. Basically the oppos wing backs end up dominating our full backs and we can't get any change out of their 3 centrebacks.