BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Passionate support isn’t based on the population of the town, it’s down to the fans that turn up, be it 40.000 or 4000. 
4000 can make more noise than 40,000.

You used Sunderland as an example and obviously out of more attenders you get a bigger percentage who'll make more noise.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We are going to end up back in league 1 with these lot anyway sooner or later it's an absolute given.

The people managing and running the club are of that standard it's only decent backing and strong squads that have kept us where we are for a few years. Take that away and you are relying on their ability to steer the ship through deep waters.

That's where the icebergs lurk.

It's inevitable the way things are looking. Not only are the management of that standard, but also many of the players we are relying on this season are too. Look at what happened to Ipswich when they started to bring in League 1 players as a Championship club. They plummeted and haven't recovered.

There isn't much experience or quality around this time to help us out when the going gets tough.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@Mercer 

As a side note, I have been surprised by the reaction in the ground v Leeds and also what I heard on the stream watching the Leeds game, various songs specifically in support of Tony Mowbray.

I'm not to be honest, as said before the majority of the fans left that still go won't hear a bad word about Mowbray or Venkys.

I think there's a group of decent young lads to get behind next season, some who could go on to be real players. That and the fact that my lad is a Rovers obsessed nut (even more so over the last 18 months weirdly) are the reasons why I have renewed at the last minute today.

Mowbray though can do one.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Sunderland have got themselves new owners though. As daft as it might sound I'd have shook hands on staying in League One for 3-4 years if it meant getting rid of Venkys and getting a different billionaire in the place like Sunderland have. Again it might sound daft but I'd sooner be in Sunderland's position now than ours - like Bolton they are emerging from the ashes, we are yet to go into it and even if we do will Venkys let go?

I take your point about 3 years there for them to leave, but there are still no guarantees that say Sunderland will get promoted. So I don't get the logic of why you would want to be in their position? 

It's interesting to think though, would Venkys be gone if we were still in League 1 

23 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not to be honest, as said before the majority of the fans left that still go won't hear a bad word about Mowbray or Venkys.

I think there's a group of decent young lads to get behind next season, some who could go on to be real players. That and the fact that my lad is a Rovers obsessed nut (even more so over the last 18 months weirdly) are the reasons why I have renewed at the last minute today.

Mowbray though can do one.

I totally agree. 

I just hope things just don't really go bad and they continue to stick with Mowbray. Could be damaging for the young lads and they will want out of the club. 

I just hope Mowbrays slant on these youngsters comes through as optimistic and not negative. Just let them play , let them express themselves hopefully we don't go down. I think that would be a positive season all things considered 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I see we are being linked with Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen. Just need to sign Robbie Benson from St Pat's now and we can go full Mike Bassett

All jokes aside, I've never heard of Hedges. Has anyone else? 

Where is this rumour from? 

He used to play for Barnsley but I don't think he was particularly great. Doesn't fit into the loans from Prem teams only policy.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, I dont have sympathy with Mowbray because at the end of the day, he is already a year into continued paid employment at a big Championship club that he does not warrant and wouldnt have under owners who cared. But Tony Mowbray is perhaps a great example of how managers tend to have a shelf life and if you are kept on too long beyond that shelf life, things get sour to the point where things get exaggerated out of control and you go from leaving with your head held high to being seen as a villain. He is at the point now where he is blamed for things out of his control and made out to be far worse than what he has actually been, understandably as we are all frustrated with how stagnant and hopeless it seems.

@Mercer suggesting that the relegation was indefensible is beyond hyperbolic, typical to someone on the wind up, hence the comments about Coyle being better and boasting about having a journalists phone number. If Mowbray had left last summer, I think he would have been deemed to have done a good overall job here, nothing remarkable, but any return (not as our manager) would be warmly received.

His first task was to keep us up, and I have always said that there is no use in extrapolating results (same as people doing so with the 2 in 17 stat from last season) and that he did fail that season, it was a very difficult task with a shoddy squad already in the relegation zone, he came close but not close enough. Then what followed was good (not perfect, I found the attitude from him before that Charlton game very aggravating) in getting us promoted comfortably at the first attempt, and very much stabilising us as a Championship mid table side. It became evident a while back that he had taken us as far as he could and had no idea how to push us on further, confused tactical ideas, recruitment wastage etc, no more signs of progression.

As a side note, I have been surprised by the reaction in the ground v Leeds and also what I heard on the stream watching the Leeds game, various songs specifically in support of Tony Mowbray.

To be honest,I am actually happy to hear that in a way. I don't see any benefit in booong him and creating a toxic atmosphere, that won't achieve anything and will only impact on the young players. At the end of the day, it's not going to sway the owners I don't think 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be honest,I am actually happy to hear that in a way. I don't see any benefit in booong him and creating a toxic atmosphere, that won't achieve anything and will only impact on the young players. At the end of the day, it's not going to sway the owners I don't think 

So fans shouldn't voice their opinion and should just sit there and watch the team go down?

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Reach got a 3 year deal at West Brom

Would have been happy to see him come in but not on a 3 year contract

3 years? Madness. If WBA get promoted he won’t be staying - average player.

Glad he didn’t come in on a 3 year deal.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yep these players need all the backing they can get and it should all be about the team now. 

As always at Ewood when the fans get pissed off they'll let the manager know. The first home game of the league 1 campaign showed that.  Iv'e an awful gut feeling though this will get worse before it gets better but backing a manager over the team, club and fellow fans is ridiculous.

He's a very well paid employee at the end of the day not a fan or figurehead. Plenty of hardcore barmpots supported Kean though so unswerving support for this guy is no surprise.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep these players need all the backing they can get and it should all be about the team now. 

As always at Ewood when the fans get pissed off they'll let the manager know. The first home game of the league 1 campaign showed that.  Iv'e an awful gut feeling though this will get worse before it gets better but backing a manager over the team, club and fellow fans is riddiculous.

He's a very well paid employee at the end of the day not a fan or figurehead. Plenty of hardcore barmpots supported Kean though so unswerving support for this guy is no surprise.

kean was a clueless chancer who drew considerable venom,mowbray is`nt an idiot,he knows what he`s doing and he`s hanging on to his considerable wages despite his time being up,i think he`ll be in for some terrible abuse as if expected we end up struggling,fans can see through him and the only way to get shut is to wound his considerable vanity,he gets sniffy if the telegraph dare to question him(rarely i may add) a couple of thousand irate fan bellowing at him will tip him over the edge,can`t do anything about the happy clappers,there are some fans who`d still be blindly content  if rovers sold the ground and shared turf moor

• Like 3