BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How can the player make an informed decision about coming here if the manager can't even be arsed speaking to him?

I really don't think it's down to the manager not being arsed... The lad just clearly didn't fancy it and wasn't even interested in talking to the manager. I'm sure it happens a lot. Money, geography, dropping down a league, all these things could have put him off before it got to the discussions with Mowbray stage. Move on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How can the player make an informed decision about coming here if the manager can't even be arsed speaking to him?

He obviously felt he didn't need to. He knows the important stuff, midtable championship team who will offer him a certain level of wages and is based in Blackburn. That's clearly didn't work for him. So why meet the manager? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He obviously felt he didn't need to. He knows the important stuff, midtable championship team who will offer him a certain level of wages and is based in Blackburn. That's clearly didn't work for him. So why meet the manager? 

I imagine when the salary was discussed he decided it wasn't quite for him

If the Obafemi move is off, I hope the club have protected themselves to the point where there's a written agreement that more money will come from Southampton for Armstrong. 

If it's just a case that we had a gentleman's agreement to get Obafemi cheaper due to the Armstrong deal, but that's that, then that's really bad business.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it would have been a good move for him. He could easily move somewhere now that he won't get a look in 

Yeah I agree. I don't think he's going to go somewhere else and start up front in a team that likes to press like we do. 

For example if he goes to Bournemouth he'll get that extra 5-10k a week he wants but he won't progress sitting on the bench. 

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do ye even understand how transfers work? 

You can agree a fee, but the players still has to decide, hence why Mowbray hadn't spoken to him. 

All about the money. We may have agreed a deal but so may other clubs. It’s the player and his agent doing the shopping around. Can’t blame Mowbray for that. 

By the way, all of you wishing for Chris Hughton and Paul Cook to take over from Mowbray, take a bow. 

We are all fickle as rhymes with muck. If we build a settled team and are in the same position in the league that we are now come April, he will be turned from an idiot into a hero to paraphrase David Coleman. 

• Like 1

The contract situation off the back of how we are now solely reliant on signing up kids on loan is the start of something similar to what happened a few years ago and if continued will inevitably end in relegation, I doubt this year but in the next year or two. It is such short term thinking, the way to make money is by profiting on players, and we will find it impossible to replace 4 key players next summer adequately. This is solely down to our owners.

14 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Couldn't disagree more. I thought he was the best of our forward line. Offered so much more than Diaz and Dolan. His work rate really does go unnoticed. 

Work rate alone is not enough and, whilst admittedly hindered by the decision to play him out wide, he didnt offer a threat, nor did Brereton or Dolan. From open play, we look toothless.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Absolutely pathetic from Mowbray.

How on earth is it pathetic from Mowbray that a player has no interest in joining us? From the sound of it in his interview, any potential deal has gone not gone as far as numerous others, so its not like we was reliant on that deal either.

Its the same as people being reluctant to give Mowbray praise when he does get something right, just blaming him for things that arent his fault.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

We are all fickle as rhymes with muck. If we build a settled team and are in the same position in the league that we are now come April, he will be turned from an idiot into a hero to paraphrase David Coleman. 

I've seldom seen a bigger if. But if that did come to pass, it wouldn't be fickle, it would be a rational change of opinion.

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Mowbray is to blame for a lot of things, but it seems very harsh to blame him for a player not fancying a move here, when by his own admission, he hasn’t even spoken to him!

Playing devils advocate, if he was on our radar why didn’t Mowbray speak to him once the fee was agreed? That way we could have moved on far quicker to alternatives. Plus what the fuck is the new scout doing? Still trying to find the bloody fax machine!

• Like 5

Obefemi is no different than the lot of our on player on expiring deals who have not put pen to paper. It appears we only have so much wage structure and it’s proving unsuitable for the older experienced players t this level abd even the young unproved from the premiership. 

You want to blame anyone for this blame the owners and the Keane, Berg, and Appleton. It’s proving more clear that parachute payment create a real disparity in the championship. It was so important to gain promotion before they ran out, but instead we fell further. Now the odds are stacked against us, as we work within FFP against sides that have nearly 100 million quid to throw about. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I've seldom seen a bigger if. But if that did come to pass, it wouldn't be fickle, it would be a rational change of opinion.

I agree on the big If but Football is a game of confidence. If we get a beat going who knows.

Rational change of opinion. I am keeping that one in my pocket mokeskine notebook 😉  

Obafemi was a bit of a longshot, but there was always that bit of hope it could happen the closer it got to the deadline. Can't say I'm not disappointed though. Reading that Mowbray didn't even speak to him winds me up, but I think it falls down to the player this time. Let's see where he ends up.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Obefemi isn’t the fault of Mowbray or the club, it’s the player himself!

No more dosh incoming for Armstrong it’s a totally UNLINKED deal

Obafemi will turn out to be nothing but a smokescreen to mask the crap fee we got for Armstrong. Lest we forget the people running our club tried to slip Brockhall through on the sly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Still looks totally miserable if not suicidal

Billionaire owners, the future looks bright according to Balaji, badly advised my arse.

Venkys out

Our situation doesn’t improve until they sod off.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Laying the groundwork for a couple of loans and nothing more.

IMO, I expect a few signings. Expect a permanent signing for a couple of millions pounds. Then maybe permanent signing with a couple of loans signings.

But I wonder who these players are who has been shown around the club. Anyone heard any names?

Edited by chaddyrovers