BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

10 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Callum Davidson should be top of any shortlist when Mowbray gets canned. Fully behind that, performed a minor miracle in Perth, had Galatasaray on the ropes last week! 

be a great addition,guaranteed to get picked up by another club before mowbray leaves here though,certaintly is`nt going to get sacked is he😪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Callum Davidson should be top of any shortlist when Mowbray gets canned. Fully behind that, performed a minor miracle in Perth, had Galatasaray on the ropes last week! 

Nope from me, Owen coyle had st Johnstone looking good too, Derek Mcinnes, it’s a road that’s not worked too well for us in the past. Christ even mowbray was well regarded in Scotland until Celtic disaster 

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Luke jephcott would be one I’d be happy to take a punt on if the price was right, real in the box finisher 

He had a purple patch for 18 games last season behind closed doors and scored 14 goals....apart from.that nothing really to get excited about.  I'd like to see some sustained goals before signing someone like that....if he can score 20 at League 1 level this season then perhaps....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Would Anthony Elanga from United fit the bill as the loan deal for a No.10? 

Yes absolutely, would play out on the left and maybe move Brereton through the middle.

Elanga and Hannibal are the two loaners that I really want. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This idea about midfielders chipping in is nice in practice, but do you genuinely think that Buckley, Rothwell, Travis etc will start scoring a decent amount of goals?

Well we see but you said the same about Brereton tho. Now 3 goals in 4 games

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

4 in 10 goal record in the prem.

Amounts to around 14 goals in the premier league in a season? 

Obafemi ain't coming here. Time to move on from a player who didn't much interested in coming here. We have WASTED Enough time pursing him. Time to sign a striker who wants to be here. 

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Who can we get that guarantees 15 goals?  That is the type of return we should expect from Gallagher based on what we paid for him.

Plenty of good strikers out there. Suggested a few players recently on here. But down to sign the best striker who will score goals for. 

I was at Anfield yesterday for their match with Burnley (business thing - long story) but I was really proud of Blackburn Rovers and the effect we’ve had on Harvey Elliott. He was magnificent in the flesh and the Liverpool fans before and after in the lounge as well as on the terrace were waxing lyrical about him and us.

Elliott, at 18 is undoubtedly going to be an absolutely stunning footballer in my opinion. 

fwiw I think we are growing a strong reputation for developing youth both internally and externally and it wouldn’t surprise me if we get to see a lot of future megastars at Ewood. The links with the likes of  Elanga and Doyle are testament to that.

From a personal point of view I wouldn’t mind us developing a more sustainable model, encompassing a young, progressive manager, our own academy graduates, some future megastars from the likes of Liverpool and City etc and a sprinkling of decent quality experience. Sell one or two every year and reinvest a chunk back to buy players like Arma, Dack and Diaz who may generate a bigger fee in the future.

• Like 6

Waggott was rumoured to have been in one of the lounges yesterday telling people that a loan deal is done for a 'number 10' who flew into Manchester on Friday with his parents to have a look around. Two clues are there in that he flew and with his parents. He said it was to be announced on Monday. He also said a left back is coming in next week on loan.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Waggott was rumoured to have been in one of the lounges yesterday telling people that a loan deal is done for a 'number 10' who flew into Manchester on Friday with his parents to have a look around. Two clues are there in that he flew and with his parents. He said it was to be announced on Monday. He also said a left back is coming in next week on loan.

So it's a kid 

And not from one of the big NW clubs. 

Doesn't bode that well.

If true that's 4 loan spots filled (with the Brighton lad). The LB is bound to be a cheap Loan as it's mainly cover.

That would leave one loan spot left.  Most likely a CB - although I think Carter has definitely shown enough to be amongst the first team and not go out on loan.

Obviously, interesting to see who it is but we don't  seem to be addressing the lack of goals in the side.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That will be a nicko exclusive by tomorrow morning 😃

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Hidden clues? Or just that he’s a number 10 and that he flew in?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I presume he means flew in(not from one of the Manchester clubs) and with his parents (young)

Right then lads let start compiling a list of every player 19 or younger who still have both parents and lives far enough away to warrant flying to Manchester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

And would you believe a word Waggot spoke ?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I presume he means flew in(not from one of the Manchester clubs) and with his parents (young)

That's how I read it. Not a Northern or Midlands club and accompanied by his parents.

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That's how I read it. Not a Northern or Midlands club and accompanied by his parents.

Whilst that is the most likely scenario, if the club wanted to lavish a little bit of luxury on a young player (emperor's new clothes and all that designed to impress) and his parents, you could just charter a plane from literally any airfield and fly them to Manchester. Obviously would make little sense if the travel time was less by car, but not a lot makes sense with our club these days anyway. My wild stab in the dark is some other promising kid from Southampton (which has a decent airport) who will come as part of a loan make weight, following the failure of the Obafami deal to progress. 

If I'm honest I'm not a big fan of Lenihan. He gets allowances for being one of 'us' but, as a footballer, he's very limited.

Composure on the ball is negligible and is forward passing is atrocious. I'm okay with him signing an extension as it sets a bit of a precedent for the others to hopefully follow but ultimately it feels like we need better if we're ever going to really push for the next level.

• Like 8

Lenihen is a no frills bog standard championship defender he gets through plenty of the dirty work.  When you look at the likes of Hanley he had more presence but football wise he was no better.

Capable of the odd cock up and selfish acts as well so both are probably where they should be right now. One at a yoyo club the other middle of the road second tier but if Lenihen can improve his composure a bit he can still improve his status.

Edited by tomphil

Shame that we’ve learnt this lad isn’t from a NW club. Got excited about Anthony Elanga possibilities (because what a player he is!). 

Not got a clue who Waggott is on about though. Would be a bit annoying if it’s the Brighton one just being described as a #10