BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I was just saying that I don't see the need personally for the constant mentions of how you support the team. It is irrelevant, we all support the team.

For example, you mention the academy which is obviously a positive. I am not sure that anyone would say otherwise. Our first team already has a healthy number of academy graduates in it and obviously it is very much positive going back to before Venkys saddled our football club. Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis and Rankin Costello are all key members of our squad. For me, Buckley has yet to establish himself as a Championship calibre player or warrant an extended run, and the likes of Butterworth, Pike, McBride and Vale all seem very highly rated but have yet to start a game for us between them so I am wary of us becoming too reliant on them at this stage, and at least some if not all of them could benefit from loans elsewhere. Carter is an interesting one, looked nowhere near ready for our first team when he has played, but seemingly has done really well at League 1, but I personally think that with Wharton (a graduate who does now look ready off the back of loan deals) not set to make the start of the season and Ayala made of glass, I feel we need to make a senior signing to replace Harwood Bellis. We need some real experience to help our currently extremely young squad.

What makes you so confident that we will make some astute signings? Mowbray's record is at best, hit and miss. And would you not agree that in an ideal world, they would have been signed earlier to do pre-season with us and gain an understanding of their team mates, and that the owners negligence to meet the sustainability requirements through the accounts has hindered this?

Yep agree with pretty much you say, I think the squad will be smaller but with a few quality signings/ loans as against quantity, we’ve always had hit and miss signings but don’t think it’s been too bad, time will tell.

Dont mean to keep saying how I support the club just don’t like constant abuse at the club, but I can certainly disagree with a few policies, season ticket prices for one, but not everything is bad.As the City supporters used to say” look on the bright side” 😀

8 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yep agree with pretty much you say, I think the squad will be smaller but with a few quality signings/ loans as against quantity, we’ve always had hit and miss signings but don’t think it’s been too bad, time will tell.

Dont mean to keep saying how I support the club just don’t like constant abuse at the club, but I can certainly disagree with a few policies, season ticket prices for one, but not everything is bad.As the City supporters used to say” look on the bright side” 😀

Sadly there isnt too much on that bright side at the moment! Lets hope we pull our finger out soon and get some quality and quantity through the door!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If it is shocking to complain about the repeated negligence regarding the running of our football club rather than staunchly defend such incompetence, then yes I am shocking.

You keep repeating it day out day in without looking that the EFL had the clubs accounts from March and the delay from the accounts going online at companies was due to back log. You are using every story which you negative to beat the club you say you support

My point is that you aren't offering constructive reasons to be optimistic at this moment in time,

is there any point in any one posting anything optimistic about the new season? cos it was hounded on so there is no point. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You keep repeating it day out day in without looking that the EFL had the clubs accounts from March and the delay from the accounts going online at companies was due to back log. You are using every story which you negative to beat the club you say you support

is there any point in any one posting anything optimistic about the new season? cos it was hounded on so there is no point. 

I am all ears for constructive reasons to be optimistic about the current summer transfer window thus far.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Of course it's the loss of Premiership football which is the predominant reason many have disappeared.

That happens at most clubs.

The way the club is mismanaged simply compounds the issue with Rovers.

Hi Wheelton Blue, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I put a post on here last night that was pulled. I suspected another banning. All I said was there are posters on here that are not backing the club. We all dislike how the club has been run, but at the end of the day it’s still OUR club. I view the Indians as ignorant fools, not malicious. At the end of the day hopefully the club will still be around after they’ve gone.

John from Jenny Lane!

• Like 2

If we make a list of what has gone wrong at the club it will be a very long list. We all know the list items, average players, too few players, no transfer policy, bad owners, bad management, useless execs etc., etc.. Ask anyone to disagree with that list and you won't find a single poster on here I wager.

So it's not about half full or half empty glasses or good fans, bad fans, super fans or any other muck we want to throw around at each other.  There comes a time though with constant complaining when we start to breathe our own fumes.

We are where we are, we have no levers to pull to effect any sort of change so it's pointless (IMO) to keep banging on about stuff on that list. Nobody likes it, we all understand it, nobody voted for it but now we have ask ourselves are we still supporters of the club or are we not.

If yes then I say do what we've always done, buy a season ticket and moan over a pint at the bar at half time and full time.

If we say 'sod that' and walk away then it's a numbers game. If enough say that then the cub will die.  Like it or not, through our actions we will have been the ones who pulled the trigger and pumped bullets into the semi conscious wounded old dog which was once a passion for our fathers, grand fathers and way back.

The club only survives one way, we all buy tickets. Without this your club is dead, it's inevitable.

We have to continue CPR no matter how useless it may seem until someone else calls it. That won't be me. As long as there's a Blackburn Rovers there'll be a me buying tickets.

We all want the same things but negativity and withdrawal of funds will not improve anything.

We're either fans or we're not. Buy a season ticket or soon there'll be nothing left to bitch and moan at.

Just saying.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

If we make a list of what has gone wrong at the club it will be a very long list. We all know the list items, average players, too few players, no transfer policy, bad owners, bad management, useless execs etc., etc.. Ask anyone to disagree with that list and you won't find a single poster on here I wager.

So it's not about half full or half empty glasses or good fans, bad fans, super fans or any other muck we want to throw around at each other.  There comes a time though with constant complaining when we start to breathe our own fumes.

We are where we are, we have no levers to pull to effect any sort of change so it's pointless (IMO) to keep banging on about stuff on that list. Nobody likes it, we all understand it, nobody voted for it but now we have ask ourselves are we still supporters of the club or are we not.

If yes then I say do what we've always done, buy a season ticket and moan over a pint at the bar at half time and full time.

If we say 'sod that' and walk away then it's a numbers game. If enough say that then the cub will die.  Like it or not, through our actions we will have been the ones who pulled the trigger and pumped bullets into the semi conscious wounded old dog which was once a passion for our fathers, grand fathers and way back.

The club only survives one way, we all buy tickets. Without this your club is dead, it's inevitable.

We have to continue CPR no matter how useless it may seem until someone else calls it. That won't be me. As long as there's a Blackburn Rovers there'll be a me buying tickets.

We all want the same things but negativity and withdrawal of funds will not improve anything.

We're either fans or we're not. Buy a season ticket or soon there'll be nothing left to bitch and moan at.

Just saying.

Yep you’re right👍

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am all ears for constructive reasons to be optimistic about the current summer transfer window thus far.

I have already posted that I can't wait to watch my club play live again inside a stadium. How many more times do I need to say it? 

Plus the players I've looking forward to seeing in a blue and white shirt plus any signings if and when we sign them. 

It's yourself who is so desperate to see new signings whilst most of the players who signed for other club you admitted you wouldn't want here. 

2 hours ago, unsall said:

I’ve just as much right to be on this message board as others, including you,so sorry I might hang around a bit longer.

I don’t need to explain constructive points, because at the moment there is little action, apart from signing long term contracts for our young lads, very important in my view,but if no signings appear I will be very disappointed but continue to support the team, but I think there will be a few astute signings in the next few weeks.

Im one of those who think the academy is brilliant and to keep cat 1 especially when we went in div1 is a big positive.

So a few signings hopefully, more season tickets sold and a new kit to look forward to. Keep the faith

It's blind faith at this point though, right?

1 hour ago, EgyptianPete said:

By the way any transfer news -- just asking.

Just three more pages and the 200 is up with no news. Might bring in the night watchman for the last three pages with a topic that is off transfer subject.
Was the club well run financially under Sir Jack or did he just have so much money that he wanted to fulfill a boyhood dream at any cost. 
It felt like a few years long bender,  and then a gigantic hangover for twenty years plus. 

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's blind faith at this point though, right?

Has to be, supporters should pray to God, Allah, Buddha that either the Indians twig what they’ve done wrong or we get lucky and win promotion with the gang of three. 

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Just saying.

Totally agree. I’m not a good one to speak, as I live in Texas, but I agree that the fans need to support the club- ala, Portsmouth, or Sunderland, in spite of middling to poor play on the field- or the club dies. The club & its fans must live on, with or without absentee owners, poor execs, inadequate mgmt, etc. 

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Just saying.

This premise that people need to buy season tickets otherwise the club will vanish and they will miss it is a nice one but a totally illogical one.

Of those that care the most, most will be regulars who are already going, therefore it doesnt apply to them. Plus there will be a further proportion that do genuinely and deeply care but cant go, whether it be financial, family, work, location, whatever. So again, it doesn't apply to them.

So you are then aiming that sentence at people who obviously don't care as much as you do, they can take it or leave it. So ultimately, if Rovers ceased to exist, it wouldn't devastate them like you or I.

The problem is that the club seemingly views those people with similar disdain as some of the other fans do themselves, so instead of the club proactively trying to entice people in, they are just looked down upon.

Back to the messageboard, this is just a place for the obsessed to further debate, suggest and indeed at times have a good old moan at tactics, management, pricing and indeed in this case, transfers. When things are not looking good, for example 200 pages into a transfer thread whereby nothing has happened and our squad is thin with the season around the corner, it will naturally become a vortex of moaning and frustration until something happens.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Brereton will have Brereton Diaz on his shirt this season, largely thanks to 10,000 Chileans on twitter.

That's about as interesting as it gets at the moment.

They’ll be spinning his return as ‘like a new signing’

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

They’ll be spinning his return as ‘like a new signing’

No doubts.

Shows the level we are at, anywhere between 0 to 100 likes on twitter for most Rovers posts. The last goal of the day video got about 4.5k views

Brereton video 87.4k views and 12.4k likes.

Surprised Waggot isn't over there now trying to flog season tickets!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have already posted that I can't wait to watch my club play live again inside a stadium. How many more times do I need to say it? 

Plus the players I've looking forward to seeing in a blue and white shirt plus any signings if and when we sign them. 

It's yourself who is so desperate to see new signings whilst most of the players who signed for other club you admitted you wouldn't want here. 

None of which is a reason to be optimistic. Excited to go, yes, but not a reason or evidence that suggests a positive outcome. 

• Like 1

Yes it isn't a question of good fans/bad fans, buy or don't buy, because the owners are ignorant to it all.

The spin is a problem though as every ticket not bought is another hole in the finances and another stick to beat fans with.  Every one bought is supporting the way it's run and managed and can be presented as evidence of whole hearted support, when it isn't.

Buggered either way but fans or no fans they'll carry on regardless. Paying the bills and putting money into the grateful pockets of those spinners. That's why i don't really think it matters to them who comes or doesn't come.

Not much point arguing about it anymore really, just get with the general attitude of shrug the shoulders, droop your head and trudge on.

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

None of which is a reason to be optimistic. Excited to go, yes, but not a reason or evidence that suggests a positive outcome. 

A positive outcome is different for different people Blue blood.

A positive outcome for many, after the past 18 months, is to just get back into the stands with your mates to see a bit of live football. 

A positive outcome could be seeing Armstrong in a Rovers shirt, how about Dack coming back, it’s not all about promotion and playoff places for many I’d wager.

• Like 2

This premise that people need to buy season tickets otherwise the club will vanish and they will miss it is a nice one but a totally illogical one.

Of those that care the most, most will be regulars who are already going, therefore it doesnt apply to them. Plus there will be a further proportion that do genuinely and deeply care but cant go, whether it be financial, family, work, location, whatever. So again, it doesn't apply to them.

So you are then aiming that sentence at people who obviously don't care as much as you do, they can take it or leave it. So ultimately, if Rovers ceased to exist, it wouldn't devastate them like you or I.

The problem is that the club seemingly views those people with similar disdain as some of the other fans do themselves, so instead of the club proactively trying to entice people in, they are just looked down upon.

Back to the messageboard, this is just a place for the obsessed to further debate, suggest and indeed at times have a good old moan at tactics, management, pricing and indeed in this case, transfers. When things are not looking good, for example 200 pages into a transfer thread whereby nothing has happened and our squad is thin with the season around the corner, it will naturally become a vortex of moaning and frustration until something happens.

Tell that to Bury, or the other clubs that have gone down the pan. Maybe you’ll be happy watching FC Rovers in the North West Counties League.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Just saying.

Your thingy says you are a former season ticket holder now boycotting. So I'm assuming at some stage you actually boycotted but now your asking others to buy tickets and saying we're either fan's or we're not.

Double standards?

• Like 3