BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This post needs distributing all over twitter etc

So the one's who just don't get it finally realize just why we are where we are. Venkys for the most part are pouring money in covering their direct and indirect cock ups.

Not some lovingingly generous benefactors who've jumped in to keep the lights on to the tune of 20 mill per season just because they love BRFC.

Feel free to distribute it anywhere. Anything that helps BRFC is fine by my, unlike some in control of the clubs destiny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Brereton stuff is getting a bit silly for me now, when he starts to even be of a decent championship standard we can talk about hype. As it is it’s delving into the world of grabbi and rochina

Not quite sure what the point is here? 

We've spoke about capitalising on the Chile fanfare around him, which is backed up by the numbers of followers on Instagram he now has since his Copa America appearance. His previous returns as a Blackburn player and what he may deliver in the future aren't what we've been discussing. 

18 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Brereton stuff is getting a bit silly for me now, when he starts to even be of a decent championship standard we can talk about hype. As it is it’s delving into the world of grabbi and rochina

Saw Rochina was on a list players available on a free other day...

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Grabbi was awful. Rochina was class and mismanaged. Look at their careers post Rovers. Brereton has shown neither Grabbi's Serie B goal scoring form or Rochina's fleeting moments of brilliance in the Prem & Championship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Get a Spanish commentator and job done. I am available at reasonable rates, if required.

Whats your GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traviscon said:

Not quite sure what the point is here? 

We've spoke about capitalising on the Chile fanfare around him, which is backed up by the numbers of followers on Instagram he now has since his Copa America appearance. His previous returns as a Blackburn player and what he may deliver in the future aren't what we've been discussing. 

Because all this brereton chat is doing is deflecting from reality that we are in a pretty dire situation currently and yet a lot of folk are carrying on like we don’t have a care in the world and can continue a kind of footballing joke. If he had been playing for say Northern Ireland or somebody like that then nobody would give two hoots but because it’s a random South American team it’s all funny and remarkable. I’d rather he just worked on his game to become good for rovers 

35 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

It echoes what most say on here. Some interesting quotes and doesn't instill confidence that the season will go well.

• Like 1

Taken in isolation, no the club shouldn't be criticised for a bit of light hearted fun.

But in the wider scheme of things, we have a new season looming, a complete lack of marketing to potential new customers, a complete break down in comms to existing customers, a manager who's past his sell by, a CEO who's gone AWOL, no sign of any new players, and the likely prospect of us losing our only player capable of scoring goals.

They have - or should have - bigger priorities.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Saw Rochina was on a list players available on a free other day...

Still only 30.

If his wages were reasonable I'd have him back in a heartbeat. The bloke's a genius, worth the admission fee on his own and exactly the sort of player we're crying out for.

Come on Mr . Park, earn your corn!

• Like 5

As a few lads who've quit the game at young ages have said recently - it's all about tactics.  Little space in teams for the likes of Rochina other than cameo appearances.

Not many teams have a go for it attitude and managers are too happy with safety first. It doesn't entertain the punters but it keeps people in jobs and big wages.

Money is priority in every sport these days.

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As a few lads who've quit the game at young ages have said recently - it's all about tactics.  Little space in teams for the likes of Rochina other than cameo appearances.

Not many teams have a go for it attitude and managers are too happy with safety first. It doesn't entertain the punters but it keeps people in jobs and big wages.

Money is priority in every sport these days.

Yes, that's probably the main example of why the modern game isn't as entertaining as in years gone by. The current obsession with possession stats or in trade parlance "not turning over possession" means players are too scared to try and beat a man or attempt a defence splitting pass for fear of giving the ball away.

I noticed during the Euros the art of shooting from long distance also appears to be a dying skill as well. Everyone tries to walk it in the net these days.

Back to Rochina, would probably need a far braver manager than Mowbray to take him on, he'd probably sign him and never play him. Exactly what we need alongside two watercarriers though imo.

I don't think the safety first approach that teams adopt in general these days makes them any better either.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Whats your GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Like?

Esta es muy bien, especialmente cuando mi jugador favoritio pone el gol. 

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I noticed during the Euros the art of shooting from long distance also appears to be a dying skill as well. Everyone tries to walk it in the net these days.

It's something I've seen too. The heady days of Mexico '86 may never return.

Klopp's Liverpool won't shoot from 18+ yards out. I think that it was one reason why they struggled last season. It was like watching handball. They'd pass it around the box without any penetration. Someone having a long shot now and again would have forced defenders to think.

I have a few friends who coach at the university level over here. I was talking to one a few months ago and he was telling me about a course he was on. One segment was on shooting, and how to get players to prioritise "A" shots over "B" and "C" shots. Apparently they refer to the opportunity to score. "C" shots have the lowest chance of going in. The game is indeed changing. I was always told; if you don't shoot you won't score.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Klopp's Liverpool won't shoot from 18+ yards out. I think that it was one reason why they struggled last season. It was like watching handball. They'd pass it around the box without any penetration. Someone having a long shot now and again would have forced defenders to think.

I have a few friends who coach at the university level over here. I was talking to one a few months ago and he was telling me about a course he was on. One segment was on shooting, and how to get players to prioritise "A" shots over "B" and "C" shots. Apparently they refer to the opportunity to score. "C" shots have the lowest chance of going in. The game is indeed changing. I was always told; if you don't shoot you won't score.

Same! Remember hearing this from primary school upwards. Sure there was always one pillock who shot every time he got the ball regardless of options and needed to be told to look around and think. But overall the encouragement was to not be afraid to have a go. 

Also there's some pretty shocking keepers out there! A B or C shots would trouble the likes of Walton and Leuits and at lower level (non professional) mistakes are common so it always seems to me to be worth a crack if there isn't a better option on. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

A lot of those age old things we were taught growing up playing the game are in direct contrast with how it tends to be played now.

Playing it across your own goal would’ve got you a rollicking in the not too distant past and it happens all the time now. And imagine a player saying he took the man and ball after a crunching tackle.