BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What absolute nonsense. The lack of fans won't kill the club, it will be the gross mismanagement of the decade of decay. To try and guilt trip the fans with that comment is poor and the tactic that Waggott employed when he refused to give refunds for BCD games.

In other words then your stance is to cut your nose off to spite your face.

A dead club is a dead club. Show me any finance or economics book that says a business can survive a lack of cash flow.

If we stop buying tickets then it will be us who are the mechanism of our own demise.

As I said before, no one is going to chase me out of my own club, it means too much to me.

21 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Genuinely don't know anything about that 'thingy'. I've never boycotted. First match I went to was in 1960, never deliberately missed a home game since.

Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else but it gives me a perspective.

No bad owners, crap managers or anything else within the club is going to drive me away, it's my club, it's your club. One day they will be gone, God willing I'll still be here.

If the club has been driven out of existence through lack of support (no matter how noble and righteous the excuse/rationale) then that's our fault no one else's. My post was a plea for that not to happen.

Mock away, you're not going to change my opinion.

Think they mean this.

image.png.73ce4e6549094f39dd4d40e1aca8d093.png

Anyway, back to transfers. Hoping we at least do something within the next week. Goes without saying but it's pretty alarming we've had no real links to anyone. Silence is deafening.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To the extent that we might be struggling to meet FFP criteria it's all down to Mowbray's chronic use of resources.

£12m  on two guys who have yet to really hit it off.

£2m over two seasons for Mulgrew not to play for us, I've heard Ayala is on £30k p.w. again not playing for us, giving Smallwood  and Hart contract extensions when they'd never featured in the first place, a sympathy contract for Gladwin who could never play for us and a completely unnecessary deal for Downing who was subsequently never used. High earners like Evans and Bennett barely featuring.

Then an absolute shed load of money on loan fees which is completely dead money and without wishing to state the bleeding obvious you can't wheel and deal with loan players.

TM and Venus with their feet well under the table, 4 year (FOUR) deal for Pears, big wages for Ayala, Downing etc etc.

The Teesside gravy train rolls ever on to Ewood.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Ah I see, got it. You have to set it to a Stand. No idea how it got set to boycotting. Thanks.

Because you selected it. In error. Obviously ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

In other words then your stance is to cut your nose off to spite your face.

A dead club is a dead club. Show me any finance or economics book that says a business can survive a lack of cash flow.

If we stop buying tickets then it will be us who are the mechanism of our own demise.

As I said before, no one is going to chase me out of my own club, it means too much to me.

Your assumption that I'm not renewing could be wrong but your guilt trip comments are an insult to everybody who isn't. Why not just respect their reasons and carry on? If Rovers went to the wall then no fan would be to blame irrespective of what you think.

There has been cash flow problems in pretty much all of their tenure because of gross mismanagement and things like paying up to 185% of turnover in wages. That's why they are putting in colossal amounts of money.

But you carry on blaming the fans if it makes you feel better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

No bad owners, crap managers or anything else within the club is going to drive me away, it's my club, it's your club. One day they will be gone, God willing I'll still be here.

Agree with this. 

As a (much) older fan than most, I don't see the sense in "boycotting". It harms only BRFC, the historic club that has been part of the fabric of the town for more than 140 years, and was here long before the current owners and hopefully will still be in existence when they finally depart

Managers and owners come and go but the fans are here forever. This doesn't make me or others of the same mind any better (or worse) than other fans (what does superfan mean?); but making a stand against the current regime by boycotting games helps no one in my opinion.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Your assumption that I'm not renewing could be wrong but your guilt trip comments are an insult to everybody who isn't. Why not just respect their reasons and carry on? If Rovers went to the wall then no fan would be to blame irrespective of what you think.

There has been cash flow problems in pretty much all of their tenure because of gross mismanagement and things like paying up to 185% of turnover in wages. That's why they are putting in colossal amounts of money.

I don't agree in anyway that the fans are to blame for what's gone on.

What I will say though If supporters want new signings and our current players to renew contracts then the money has to come from somewhere.

Not digging you specifically out but on the pre season thread I noticed your dissapointment at the pricing for the Leeds friendly, amd although I agree it seems steep I can understand the club charging it with 4500 Leeds fans expected.If the tickets were cheaper I don't think it would generate as much income as it will priced at £15.

Our wage bill is 140+% compared to our turnover and although I don't claim to be a ffp or finance expert I was of the understanding that the owners are putting in the max they are allowed under the current ffp rules,?Happy to be corrected if wrong.

If correct then the club needs the supporters to play their part to avoid any sactions.Another transfer enbargo would be absolutely disastrous

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What I will say though If supporters want new signings and our current players to renew contracts then the money has to come from somewhere.

Not digging you specifically out but on the pre season thread I noticed your dissapointment at the pricing for the Leeds friendly, amd although I agree it seems steep I can understand the club charging it with 4500 Leeds fans expected.If the tickets were cheaper I don't think it would generate as much income as it will priced at £15.

Our wage bill is 140+% compared to our turnover and although I don't claim to be a ffp or finance expert I was of the understanding that the owners are putting in the max they are allowed under the current ffp rules,?Happy to be corrected if wrong.

If correct then the club needs the supporters to play their part to avoid any sactions.Another transfer enbargo would be absolutely disastrous

It’s mentioned in an earlier post, but some of the contracts being dished out are ludicrous. Looking at Mulgrew, Smallwood, Bennett, Ayala and others, wasting money like this, is the biggest threat to both the future of the club and breaching FFP. Stop this and the money generated from ticket sales, becomes less relevant.

Sadly this sort of thing has gone on from Day one, under these owners, so they are either in on it, or blindly trusting, people who they shouldn’t be.

Substitute the above for players like Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Anderson and Orr and you will see the issue.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree with this. 

As a (much) older fan than most, I don't see the sense in "boycotting". It harms only BRFC, the historic club that has been part of the fabric of the town for more than 140 years, and was here long before the current owners and hopefully will still be in existence when they finally depart

Managers and owners come and go but the fans are here forever. This doesn't make me or others of the same mind any better (or worse) than other fans (what does superfan mean?); but making a stand against the current regime by boycotting games helps no one in my opinion.

Speaking from experience, I can confirm this was the case for me. However, I completely understand that some people will have reached the end of their tether.

When you consider that we’d still be making completely unsustainable losses even if we sold every seat at 400 quid a year, it just makes you realise the entire situation is futile.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You make some good points but lets assume we sell another two million quids worth of season tickets. 

It will barely scratch the surface in terms of P&S. Things have spiralled out of control as the year on year accounts demonstrate. Questions have to be asked like why players contracts have been renewed unnecessarily and why we have a useless Chief Executive who goes nowhere nearing justification of his huge salary.

I honestly don't blame anybody for not engaging with Rovers anymore.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davulsukur said:

No doubts.

Shows the level we are at, anywhere between 0 to 100 likes on twitter for most Rovers posts. The last goal of the day video got about 4.5k views

Brereton video 87.4k views and 12.4k likes.

Surprised Waggot isn't over there now trying to flog season tickets!

It’d be a decent idea. Offer Chilean fans access to stream games. Charge them a fraction of the price (anything is a bonus to our coffers) and let them follow their newest hero from chile! 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Damien said:

It’d be a decent idea. Offer Chilean fans access to stream games. Charge them a fraction of the price (anything is a bonus to our coffers) and let them follow their newest hero from chile! 

Its a good idea on the face of it.....however would this mean that Brereton er I mean Diaz is guaranteed selection under these circumstances? 

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s really interesting. So basically, we have to make a net profit of £13m on transfers to bring next summers submission down to £7m loss as opposed to £20m.

That’s why they want £20m for AA which will pocket them £12m plus £1m in wages. So they can then use the £5m they’ve saved in players leaving to pay for contract renewals and new signings (loans and freebies)

Get through the next submission and the ffp cycle starts again, right? 🙈

Pretty much yes.

I also remember reading on this forum a few years ago that Venky's are comfortable spending £20m a season. However, if you for example wanted to spend more than that, for example another few million on a player, then this additional funding would come from the next season budget. £22m one season, £18m the next. I have no idea how Covid has impacted this thinking.

All in all i can't see anything more than either a couple of free transfers or loan deals.

20 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

We'd have nothing to lose by giving the Chileans a reduced rate. I sincerely hope we are doing whatever we can to capitalise on this group. Its an opportunity we wouldn't have thought possible 6 months ago.

Get a Spanish commentator and job done. I am available at reasonable rates, if required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm not blaming anyone. No supporter of the club has done anything to deserve what we have at the moment. My point is that we still have a part to play. Walking away ie not buying tickets is not helping our club.

If we buy our tickets and the club goes under, well we've done our bit and we know who's to blame.

I've nothing but good to say about our supporters, good sorts all irrespective of opinions on this matter. Please stop setting up this exchange to make it sound like I'm blaming anyone.

Buy a ticket, support the club, enjoy the matches and have a good moan on here if necessary, I'm not averse to having a good moan myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lraC said:

It’s mentioned in an earlier post, but some of the contracts being dished out are ludicrous. Looking at Mulgrew, Smallwood, Bennett, Ayala and others, wasting money like this, is the biggest threat to both the future of the club and breaching FFP. Stop this and the money generated from ticket sales, becomes less relevant.

Sadly this sort of thing has gone on from Day one, under these owners, so they are either in on it, or blindly trusting, people who they shouldn’t be.

Substitute the above for players like Best, Murphy, Etuhu, Anderson and Orr and you will see the issue.

This post needs distributing all over twitter etc

So the one's who just don't get it finally realize just why we are where we are. Venkys for the most part are pouring money in covering their direct and indirect cock ups.

Not some lovingingly generous benefactors who've jumped in to keep the lights on to the tune of 20 mill per season just because they love BRFC.

• Like 4