BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

AA staying is only good if he signs on the dotted line, otherwise we're better off getting what we can for him.

But maybe getting relegated in the process. Next season could hinge on him.

Read this

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19319286.chapman-considers-next-move-reaching-rovers-crossroads/

So Chapman and Mowbray both thought there was an option for another year, but there isnt. 

How is everyone so out of touch with basics like this at the club? So fucking amateur accross the board 

How does something like this even happen? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

£10 million for Buckley🤷🏻‍♂️

I'd certainly flog him for a few million plus add ons before selling Rothwell.

A lot of fuss over nothing with that lad imo and i'd prefer a ball winner in the middle of the park for a change, if they could find one.

Relegation is estimated to cost an immediate £7 million through diminished media income. That's before everything else - tickets, merchandise, sponsorship all dropping too.

Thats a year, assuming you only go down for 1 season.

This is where the idiots running the club lose track of things. Last time around they sold Hanley, Duffy, Marshall and pocketed the £8-9 million thinking they were clever, yet that was wiped out by the relegation they delivered as a result 

Bleating on about a wage structure and not being able to offer players or potential managers better terms. Yet the costs of relegation massively outweigh paying off a failing manager, or coughing up for a much better one.

So if the options are to sell Armstrong for £7-8 million, spend very little and drastically increase prospects of relegation, or keep him, but at least secure Championship status for another year, then there's a cost/benefit argument to be had.

Unfortunately here there seems to be very little logic or football based decision making. If the past is anything to go by then it will be a case of do everything we can to sell Armstrong with absolutely no strategy for what comes next. Then its ring up City or Liverpool and ask if they can send someone cheap for the year.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

As in sign a new contract or run down his current one?

As in don’t think anyone will buy him this summer and he will sign a new deal. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

According to who? 

Doesn't make sense that someone could unequivocally say that this early as no doubt they would accept certain offers for him. Unless there is something concrete about him signing a new deal? That would be fairly surprising to me. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Wouldn't it be weird if he scored less goals but we finished higher in the league next season. Or as laymen call it : Improve the defence.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

According to who? 

Doesn't make sense that someone could unequivocally say that this early as no doubt they would accept certain offers for him. Unless there is something concrete about him signing a new deal? That would be fairly surprising to me. 

I can’t really say exactly who, but the person that told me that is a current player. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Unfortunately the club also thought Hoilett was going to sign a new deal any second. For months. Then we know what happened.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

But maybe getting relegated in the process. Next season could hinge on him.

Extremely possible with the inspirational TM guiding Rovers. Trouble is he'll leave for nothing the following summer and we'll go down then with Tombola. Rock n hard place these days ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I'd certainly flog him for a few million plus add ons before selling Rothwell.

A lot of fuss over nothing with that lad imo and i'd prefer a ball winner in the middle of the park for a change, if they could find one.

So would I. Has anyone got a whip?

• Like 3

If Armstrong's agent has half a brain, he will tell him to sit tight and tell Rovers what to do with their new contract.

Either the lad then walks free next season and I think there will be PL clubs who will gamble on him or Rovers reduce their asking price.  In reality, I think £25million is ridiculous for a lad who, IMO, has very limited football intelligence.  If he goes this summer, think Rovers will end up with less than £10million after Newcastle have taken their 40%.

We saw it with Rhodes, despite all the goals banged in at Championship level, a chronic lack of pace meant he would never cut it in the PL.  Likewise, I think Armstrong's limited football intelligence will prevent him having much, if any, impact against PL class defenders. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's unrealistic because any player with ambition and other options will look at our form last season, the fact the manager was somehow not sacked and is still here and the general circus like nature of the club and think why? We haven't challenged for the play off places since we were relegated from the PL. 

This strikes me as similiar to previous links like Adam Maher, than sound great, but are very unlikely to happen. More leaked to keep fans who don't know better happy. 

Gauld could still here and help us improve on last season aswell as our other summer signings up the league. 

We haven't challenge for the playoffs places for various reasons and manager appointments. If we had kept Lambert for a full season then I think we would have made the top 6 under him. He knew what was needed to achieve here and to get top 6. 

Mowbray and Bowyer should have achieved it with their squad they had. 

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, exactly. Hes not even the type of player we need. For bite in midfield we will be left relying on Johnson and Travis. 

We need a good defensive midfielder aswell as creative midfielder as we cant rely on Buckley all season

4 hours ago, J*B said:

The club reckon Armstrong is going to stay. 

Can You expand on this JB? 

If he stays and signs a new contract then I agree with @JoeHthat resigning Harwood-Bellis on loan next season is vital. Yes we would have less money to spend this summer making its vital that we get our signings correct and this is where our recruitment department investment needs to step up and deliver this summer. Also Mowbray needs to trust his recruitment department and it will be interesting who is appoint our new head of recruitment

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying we want to loan Pears out and bring in another number 2

Even if we loan Pears we have more than enough already at the club to be number 2 and 3 next season. We have the Greek keeper, Eastham, Hilton and Downing. We have enough. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Read this

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19319286.chapman-considers-next-move-reaching-rovers-crossroads/

So Chapman and Mowbray both thought there was an option for another year, but there isnt. 

How is everyone so out of touch with basics like this at the club? So fucking amateur accross the board 

How does something like this even happen? 

I wouldn't give him a new contract. Release him and move on

51 minutes ago, J*B said:

Would be excellent news for the club, fans and Mowbray

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

According to who? 

depends what these supposedly interested PL clubs are saying? Maybe they dont want to pay our asking price or Armstrong isn't interested moving away in these clubs and wants a return to Newcastle?

53 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Armstrong's agent has half a brain, he will tell him to sit tight and tell Rovers what to do with their new contract.

Either the lad then walks free next season and I think there will be PL clubs who will gamble on him or Rovers reduce their asking price.  In reality, I think £25million is ridiculous for a lad who, IMO, has very limited football intelligence.  If he goes this summer, think Rovers will end up with less than £10million after Newcastle have taken their 40%.

We saw it with Rhodes, despite all the goals banged in at Championship level, a chronic lack of pace meant he would never cut it in the PL.  Likewise, I think Armstrong's limited football intelligence will prevent him having much, if any, impact against PL class defenders. 

Armstrong's lack of football intelligence isn't anywhere near as severe as Rhodes' lack of pace was. And in the Prem I'd say a lack of pace is seen as a bigger issue than a lack of intelligence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I disagree about Armstrong's lack of footballing intelligence. He has pace and can score goals from inside and outside of the Penalty area. 

Rhodes was never going to cut it due to lack of pace or strength in the PL. I surprise he got a move to Huddersfield this past week so early in the summer given how Huddersfield only play with 1 striker. Maybe they going to change Style of play or formation?