BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 10/4/21 - Into the Valley(s)

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I just want good performances from anyone that has a contract with Rovers next year. Debuts for Pike and McBride too.

If I see those two are playing I’ll watch it, I’m too jaded by Tony’s tired old routine otherwise. Just painful. And he really doesn’t look arsed which adds insult to injury.

• Like 1

He'll roll out the under performing loanees in front of our own again probably. You know the ones who won't give much of a toss because they won't be here next year.

Got to do everybody else favors first, keep everybody happy. About as ruthless as a grandmothers canary.

• Like 3

Cardiff got battered in their last game, but unlike our manager, McCarthy will not let his players get away with it. He will have them fired up, using their arses and elbows and everything they can to get the points, whilst Father Tony sends our lads out with a reminder of how well they are playing. Fortunately for Cardiff I would fancy an 11 of arses and elbows alone to beat our dross.

3 points to lessen the chances of a criminal relegation are welcome but there wouldn't be much to celebrate.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are actually due a stonking, aren't we? 

Would 4-5 nil surprise anyone? 

They have a few players like Moore and Flint who are a good few inches taller than Lenihan and Harwood Bellis. 4 or 5 conceded from set piece headers probably wouldn't be a shock given the types of goals we love to concede.

Mowbray's solution will be to play Gallagher and hope for the best.

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's all about the performance. Who cares about the result? Caring about results is for losers 

It's really winding me up this 'I'm a performance based manager' shit. Well you're the only manager in the entire game who is then, everybody else lives and dies by their results. Alright having your mate in charge ain't it.

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's really winding me up this 'I'm a performance based manager' shit. Well you're the only manager in the entire game who is then, everybody else lives and dies by their results. Alright having your mate in charge ain't it.

Especially when the performance part doesn't even stand up

He's a clown 

• Like 1

So it sounds like Travis has spoken back to him in no uncertain terms. If dropping someone because they have a go back is the 'maturity' of Mowbrays management it's no wonder players are in and out so often.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So it sounds like Travis has spoken back to him in no uncertain terms. If dropping someone because they have a go back is the 'maturity' of Mowbrays management it's no wonder players are in and out so often.

Mulgrew was shipped out of the club. Same may well happen with Travis if Mowbray doesn't go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Mulgrew was shipped out of the club. Same may well happen with Travis if Mowbray doesn't go.

I think so. I think Venkys will idly see valuable and important players depart, may even encourage it, whilst failing useless managers and coaches keep their jobs.

The most heartbreaking part of the whole thing is we will witness the alienation or sacrifice of assets and academy produce, players we should be building around long term, whilst the dregs and wasters who wouldn't get a look in elsewhere hang around.

No other Championship club would want Mowbray. Plenty would want Nyambe and Travis. Travis should be future captain.

I can't watch it happen and support it anymore. It's so predictable and so avoidable. If anything Mowbray and his chums will get credit for selling them.

• Like 5

I do not think 4-3-3 can reliably work with our current set of players. As a gamble, I would be tempted to field a 3-5-2, with Nyambe and Bell in the wing back roles and Trybull, Buckley and Elliot or Rothwell as the midfield three and Gallagher and Armstrong as forwards in a central role. Alternately, a 4-5-1 - with Gallagher as the target man and Armstrong on the bench. I don't think Armstrong can play as the lone forward in our team, especially, in the form they're in. 

And, definitely, agree that McBride should be on the bench with a view to getting some minutes.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Blackburn Rovers these days seems all about Tony Mowbray.

Something his disciples don't seem to notice. 

• Like 7