BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2021/22 Pre-Season

On 26/07/2021 at 10:48, oldjamfan1 said:

Ha ha - he names him in the book Tony!! Are you thinking JD?

It is Andy but the Jimmy not the John variety (although they were both masters of the dark arts). As a kid it would have been enormously beneficial to Mark and a better football education than any Academy could have given to him.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 00:42, jim mk2 said:

To take a line from Mrs Merton:

So Leeds United, what attracted you to a blonde brainless bint with big boobs when you were appointing a TV presenter ? 

You know her?

On 26/07/2021 at 10:59, arbitro said:

It is Andy but the Jimmy not the John variety (although they were both masters of the dark arts). As a kid it would have been enormously beneficial to Mark and a better football education than any Academy could have given to him.

Ha ha yep, spot on Tony. Quite a few Darwen blokes get a mention, Steve Eggy most frequently (not surprisingly)

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 10:38, rog of the rovers said:

Got my tickets for the Leeds match at the weekend.

Not expecting many fellow Rovers fans to be honest, might have a row to myself in the Blackburn End 😁

Just checking you know it's on Wednesday and not at the weekend !

• Like 3

On 26/07/2021 at 13:15, rigger said:

I think he probably meant, that he got the tickets at the week-end. Not that the game was at the week-end. 

Oh yes. Probably. i just skimmed over it quickly at work and read it the other way.

On 26/07/2021 at 10:25, oldjamfan1 said:

I did help to edit it Tony, as well as helping him out with a few names and childhood memories/escapades, so I am lucky enough to have already read it. I can guarantee that Rovers fans and especially as you say - Darreners of a certain age - will love it. His description of Blacksnape and the Darwen League is absolutely bang on the money 🥶

One of my best memories of Patterson was him running rings round Chelsea in a second division match at the pre-redeveloped  Stamford Bridge (which was an absolute dump) in the early 1980s.  I think he might have scored in a 1-1 draw but memories are fading. What i do remember though are the Chelsea "fans". I somehow got stuck in the middle of a load of them in the cheap seats. They were all London barrow boy yobboes........ dressed in suits.. The Thatcher "loadsamoney" era.  

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Is the Leeds game the first time that we have played an away fixture at ewood?

1. Wearing our away kit*

2. Game live on LUTV but not, as yet, live on RoversTV

3. Ground given over to Leeds who have an 'unlimited' ticket allocation. Ok that's my wording but not far off the mark.

4. Waggott is a Leeds whore

Don't bother with the ticket money, income, FFP route as I'm not listening. We play at Ewood in Blue and white.

IF the game is not live on RoversTV well I'm done with that, not a penny. I'll watch all games in future from other sources.

* The new away kit is quite stunning. Superb.

• Like 3

On 26/07/2021 at 15:51, jim mk2 said:

One of my best memories of Patterson was him running rings round Chelsea in a second division match at the pre-redeveloped  Stamford Bridge (which was an absolute dump) in the early 1980s.  I think he might have scored in a 1-1 draw but memories are fading. What i do remember though are the Chelsea "fans". I somehow got stuck in the middle of a load of them in the cheap seats. They were all London barrow boy yobboes........ dressed in suits.. The Thatcher "loadsamoney" era.  

Assuming you mean Mark, he was born in 1965 so probably late 80’s. 

On 26/07/2021 at 17:49, MarkBRFC said:

Dunno about all that lot, but I remember us wearing our away kit a few of times at Ewood before.

93-94 vs Man City

06-07 vs Basel in the Uefa Cup

14-15 vs Stoke in a pre season friendly.

We once drew Millwall in the FA cup probably in the 90’s and at that time, they were banned from playing FA cup matches at home. I think it was due to some previous crowd trouble. Effectively the game at Ewood was their home tie and they wore blue. We played it n our away kit. I can’t remember the color, but I think we won 1-0 and went on to play Liverpool away in the next round. 

On 26/07/2021 at 22:49, MarkBRFC said:

Dunno about all that lot, but I remember us wearing our away kit a few of times at Ewood before.

93-94 vs Man City

06-07 vs Basel in the Uefa Cup

14-15 vs Stoke in a pre season friendly.

The City game intrigues me. I wonder if our home kit in the wash, no other reason seems acceptable.

I suppose we are in our away strip v Leeds as it's a new release .... but so is our home strip just a few days earlier.

We wear home at Bradford and away at Ewood. Arse about face, which kind or suits the present circus.

On 26/07/2021 at 19:59, AllRoverAsia said:

The City game intrigues me. I wonder if our home kit in the wash, no other reason seems acceptable.

I suppose we are in our away strip v Leeds as it's a new release .... but so is our home strip just a few days earlier.

We wear home at Bradford and away at Ewood. Arse about face, which kind or suits the present circus.

Port Vale at Ewood circa 1971 in the snow-round 1 of the FA Cup, I think...

In poor visibility a sparse Blackburn End booed Rovers onto the pitch, seeing them come out in red. It took a few minutes to recognise that the players were not the away side..

• Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 17:09, lraC said:

Assuming you mean Mark, he was born in 1965 so probably late 80’s. 

Mid 80s. He broke into the first team at a very young age but didn’t feature much once the Don arrived. Edit- he didn’t feature much once Scottie Sellars arrived.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

I was only young at the time of the City game, but I’m sure one team had forgotten their away kit one time and we had to wear our away kit at home? Might not have been that game, mind…

• Like 1

Leeds haven’t launched their away kit yet might be the actual reason…

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 20:26, K-Hod said:

I was only young at the time of the City game, but I’m sure one team had forgotten their away kit one time and we had to wear our away kit at home? Might not have been that game, mind…

It wasn’t, City wore Sky Blue. 👍🏻

Palace once wore an all red Rovers away kit at Ewood because of a kit cock up. A photo of that game became the cover of the programme as it showcased 2 Rovers kits…!  

0598CFBE-6768-4F2B-9D26-A9BC5AA09238.jpeg

• Like 5

On 26/07/2021 at 20:20, Wheelton Blue said:

Didn't he make his debut in the same game as Simon Barker?

I think Barks might have beaten Paddy to it to be honest but they were obviously contemporaries and there wouldn’t have been much in it. They were great pals back in the day and as far as I know still are. 

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 22:54, AllRoverAsia said:

It's now looking like our game v Leeds is not on LUTV.

All 4 of their upcoming friendlies starting with Rovers are now scheduled for LIVENow.com in a package deal, which is of no interest to me.

I hope Google will be my friend if Rovers aren't.

You can buy them separately. Our game is £4.99.

• Like 1