BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Ayala & Lenihan won that game for us both in goals and defending.

Diaz quiet but pleased that Chapman played a part and should be part of the team on Saturday.

No more Dolan as Centre Forward Mowbray, how many times do you need telling.

Great support from Rovers fans.

7 points from 9 is a very good start to season........joint top! 

Difficult task for Dolan with his physical limitations. I think he did fairly well tonight and he stretches and works the defenders, although sometimes he tracks back too far and leaves us with no option on the counter. With the current squad I'm ok with him starting due to his workrate. He had a shot that pulled a good save out of Samba, an was close to an assist when Breo headed wide in the first.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats maybe how we have play now and use the players to their strengths. Play on the counter attacks and use our pace . 

fans at tonight game

I genuinely enjoy us playing like this. My worry is we bring 4-5 loans and revert back to the Bradford game. Anyway won't complain great to get some early points!

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Yep, we've only scored in every game this season.

Puts to bed the “we won’t score without Armstrong” concerns. Four different goalscorers too.

Long may it continue.

Our good start might be the little nudge a couple of signings need too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Lets not get too carried away,it's a great start to the season better than we all thought it would be but all 3 teams we've played so far are in the bottom 6,If we get a positive result on Sat against WBA then maybe we can say we have a decent team going forward.

One of the reasons they are tho is for one of the 3 games they have played us

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Great result, well done Tony and the boys. I’ll take a 3-5-2 with Carter, Ayala and Lenihan at the back!

Carter definitely should be sent out on loan again no matter which teenage defenders we get from the Prem Carter has deserved to be kept here from now on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Lets not get too carried away,it's a great start to the season better than we all thought it would be but all 3 teams we've played so far are in the bottom 6,If we get a positive result on Sat against WBA then maybe we can say we have a decent team going forward.

As the Millwall manager said after the last game, Rovers have some good individuals at this level. Our wage bill must be pretty high, comparatively. By implication, he doubted whether we have a good team and, at the moment, I feel we are getting results despite Mowbray's counter-productive line-ups. Carter RB was a good call, I must say.

Edited by riverholmes

3 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Time to break that 'can't beat a top 6 team  hoodoo.'

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Been out playing football myself and just managed to catch up now.

Very good win and continues the strong start to the season so far. Really happy that we’ve had both centre backs scoring too!

However, WBA will be one hell of a test on Saturday, can’t believe how convincingly they’ve swept Sheffield United aside! 
(Especially considering they’d be one of the promotion favourites!)

Needs to change it up for the next game in the front 3.

I like Dolan and his energy and work rate is useful but its limited.

Diaz-----------Gallagher--------Chapman

Stick Gallagher through the middle, give Chapman a start and see if he can get a bit of momentum going. Give Dolan a rest.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Very good win and continues the strong start to the season so far. Really happy that we’ve had both centre backs scoring too!

However, WBA will be one hell of a test on Saturday, can’t believe how convincingly they’ve swept Sheffield United aside! 

Looks like we'll come into that game even more depleted and it's not really one anyone expect us to win. They're still adapting to their new style, but will improve for each game under Ismael. They'll press us higher than any of the three teams we have faced this season, so we need an outlet for that, but I believe they have mistakes in them as well and if we can approach it like we did vs. Swansea then we have a chance of scoring a couple. This team will be buzzing to come back to Ewood now, that's for sure.

Get in!! A hard fought three points. Love how we pressed and swarmed them at times tonight. We won the ball back well I thought. Buckley made a few great interceptions. Ayala, Lenihan and Carter were excellent tonight. The loan move looks to have helped Carter. Chapman looked a threat on the right.

Chapman down the right, Gally down the middle, Dolan as an impact sub. No need to over complicate things.

Can't wait for Saturday now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

WBA. It would be them, wouldnt it 😂 That is some result for them this evening

That was hard won.  Delighted with the way we are defending.  When fit, Ayala is exactly what we've missed.  Gallagher put some shift in once playing down the middle, he's lost on the wing.  

Finally, a doff of the cap to Chapman.  That was a super cameo both going forward and defensively.  Surprisingly it came from him playing in his natural position in the wing. Long may that continue.

The 2 fullbacks also did well. 

Well done rovers and it would be churlish not to congratulate Mowbray.

• Like 9

That loan move to Burton has worked wonders for Carter.He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he first appeared for us in the championship.Was extremely impressed with him tonight.

We should be looking at getting loan moves for McBride,Vale ,Garrett and a few others

• Like 1