BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Nottingham Forest (a) 18/8/21

Just now, RTM08 said:

So the Mowbray journey has taken us from set piece merchants, to a team that couldn't buy a goal from a set piece, back to set piece merchants? 

I'll take 7 from 9 but I have no idea what the managers' philosophy is at this point.

Me neither but its waaayy better than trying to have all the possession and then losing 1-0

• Like 3

Not a lovely watch, but a lovely result. Some really great performances. Ayala, Carter, Chapman, Gallagher. Encouraging to grind it out and not crumble when we concede a well-struck effort. We were unlucky that the ref seemed timid as Forest were leaving a foot in, but we battled through that period and bounced back once we conceded. Lot of grit and determination, really pleasing to see.

• Like 1

Chapman really has evolved. Great defending and massive going forward. Davenport is a real nuisance and great at pressing the ball. Each and every player have worked their socks off for the past three games, and have been rewarded for their efforts. Ayala a real leader and a terrific defender. 

Great game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

39% possession. 

Again, letting the other team have the ball is working out for us.

Thats maybe how we have play now and use the players to their strengths. Play on the counter attacks and use our pace . 

fans at tonight game

• Like 1

Ayala & Lenihan won that game for us both in goals and defending.

Diaz quiet but pleased that Chapman played a part and should be part of the team on Saturday.

No more Dolan as Centre Forward Mowbray, how many times do you need telling.

Great support from Rovers fans.

7 points from 9 is a very good start to season........joint top! 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Not a lovely watch, but a lovely result. Some really great performances. Ayala, Carter, Chapman, Gallagher. Encouraging to grind it out and not crumble when we concede a well-struck effort. We were unlucky that the ref seemed timid as Forest were leaving a foot in, but we battled through that period and bounced back once we conceded. Lot of grit and determination, really pleasing to see.

I'll take a hard working performance like this over the slow build-up with the on/off switch in use every 15 mins.

• Like 8

I said 2-1 and indeed it was. Unfortunate not to keep a clean sheet to be honest but that was a good finish especially on his weaker foot.

We really do look so so much more solid with Ayala - unfortunately we're walking a nervous tightrope there on the injury front. Can we push another shift out of him at weekend?

I hold my hands up, I've been harsh on Carter but last few games are we seeing what he can do? Possibly an indirect result of the experienced Ayala playing too?

• Like 1

That's the Blackburn Rovers we expect to see. Some proper graft with the odd bit of quality. With a few decent additions, this team could go far.

As well as we've played there, they've been let down by Mowbray again in my opinion. At least 10 minutes before their goal, we should've had some fresh legs on up front. Dolan isn't a striker and for us to persist with playing him there when we have a genuine striker on the wing in Gallagher is utterly ridiculous.

After that performance, Chapman should be ahead of Dolan on the wing. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Nice now Clarkson can make his debut on Saturday at some point. 

What if we played like this

Gally

Breo Rothwell

Clarkson

Travis Davenport

Pickering Ayala Lenihan Nyambe

Kaminski

why don't Carter after that performance tonight or move Rothwell from Centre midfielder where he is playing well

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Nice now Clarkson can make his debut on Saturday at some point. 

What if we played like this

Gally

Breo Rothwell

Clarkson

Travis Davenport

Pickering Ayala Lenihan Nyambe

Kaminski

Clarkson is a deep lying playmaker so he would sit behind trav and davenport in that line up