BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Manchester United should have been all over that deal.

Trippier has been playing at the highest level for Athletico Madrid and just find it very surprising he has joined a club currently 2nd bottom in the Premier league.

United signing him would have made the most sense, but by the sounds of it, it's utter chaos at that club right now. Dressing room cliques, players not listening to Rangnick and wanting out and some finding Ronaldo too demanding.

There's talk of them bringing Mike Phelan back in now to unite the dressing room. It's like a bunch of spoilt kids wanting their old supply teachers back as the new ones are too strict.

I would have expected a bigger club than Newcastle to be in for Trippier, but it's more than likely they were able to blow anybody else out of the water when it came to wages. We'll be seeing that a lot from them, safe to say.

44 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

United signing him would have made the most sense, but by the sounds of it, it's utter chaos at that club right now. Dressing room cliques, players not listening to Rangnick and wanting out and some finding Ronaldo too demanding.

There's talk of them bringing Mike Phelan back in now to unite the dressing room. It's like a bunch of spoilt kids wanting their old supply teachers back as the new ones are too strict.

I would have expected a bigger club than Newcastle to be in for Trippier, but it's more than likely they were able to blow anybody else out of the water when it came to wages. We'll be seeing that a lot from them, safe to say.

A lot of what you said is in this article; ESPN FC - Man U mess

There's a line in the article that players want Carrick back. He was with Solskjaer for every second of his tenure and the players didn't play for him. What would Carrick do now?

I think that Rangnick is on a hiding to nothing. Too many ego's, too much dysfunction, and probably too much recent history to overcome. 

Man U need the top 4 to keep their income streams up. They are already playing for 4th competing with Arsenal, West Ham, and Spurs for that spot. Of the 3 Arsenal and Spurs are improving, and West Ham are an organised lot. It will be hard.

Trippier has nothing to lose. I'm sure that he'll have a relegation clause in his contract. If they stay up he'll get lots of credit and he'll get a front row seat at the spending spree that everyone expects.

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

All the more reason to keep Rangnick in charge. As at least it means the players aren't. It was clear from Solskjaer's demeanour that the players ran the club and he just tried to keep everybody happy. It kept the club ticking to an extent but meant there was always a glass ceiling as nobody was pushing the squad for that extra 5%. The culture among their players needs breaking up even if it damages results temporarily. 

All quite funny to watch though.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I wonder if there will be a Dyche out campaign ? 

Similar to us in FA cup games in the last few seasons ...

My Burnley supporting mate , tells me big problems behind the scenes..

There already is a Dyche out thread on their message board I believe.

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

There already is a Dyche out thread on their message board I believe.

He's done well for them in the past but most managers have a shelf life and there has to be a limit surely? 

One win by January doesn't cut it. There seems to be a suggestion in that thread  that Dyche has allowed the squad to become old and past it and that his tactics are now outdated by PL standards.

Looking in from the outside it would seem to be at least equally the fault of the previous owners for failing to give Dyche sensible financial backing. 

I'd be interested to know what my old mate Chris (Longsiders) thinks.

4 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I wonder if there will be a Dyche out campaign ? 

Similar to us in FA cup games in the last few seasons ...

My Burnley supporting mate , tells me big problems behind the scenes..

what big problems are they behind the scenes? 

I said last week that I think Dyche will walk away if they go down this season and stand by that

It could be that, or, perhaps, he's not considered match fit/sharp? You're right, though, Liverpool fans/press seemed to think he'd come in to play in the FA Cup. Will be interesting to see how his career progresses as Mowbray praised him highly on leaving: “You talk about Harvey Elliott, he’s got all those qualities, weight of pass, brilliant finishing, an amazing footballer who sees all the pictures, all the patterns. Yet he’s come at a time when our team is functioning and he understands. He knows football, it’s hurting him because he’s a Rovers fan and I haven’t been able to give him the game-time and he understands that because the team is winning and functioning."

I find these comments disingenuous, as, if Mowbray thought so highly of Clarkson, or was so keen for him to play, he would have given him sub appearances at least. He would also have talked more about trying to keep him. Barring some kind of onerous contractual obligation, like high appearance fees or something, a Harvey Elliot talent doesn't remain rooted to the bench, whilst Bradley Johnson is coming on, with all respect to Johnson, who has greater experience and physical strength but is coming to the end of his career.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wood on his way to Newcastle for a medical.£20 million.

An interesting signing. 

Newcastle get a 1 goal in 3 game top flight striker who can lead the line and cause a bit of of bother. 

Or they paid £20m in an attempt to secure Burnley's relegation. 

I don't know if the signing will make Newcastle better, or even make Burnley worse. It's hard to tell.

I think Wood will do OK on the toon, they'll be whipping crosses in, he'll get much better service there. He hit double figures the last few seasons. He's basically cover for Wilson. They need to survive and then they'll be in a much better position to sign bigger names, until then there's only so much they can do...