BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 23/10/2021

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We caused them all sorts of problems in the second half when we moved Brereton to CF and attacked them.

Sadly we resorted to putting ourselves under siege like we did against Luton when we went 2-0. It's baffling how we just invite teams onto us - we're not good enough defensively to do that. 

Also, Travis was the clear MOTM for me. 

When a team is winning it is natural for the other team to be further forward trying to score. But I don't think we sat back that much or ever looked likely to concede, in fact if anyone was to score I would have said it was us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Lively first half but spoiled by the usual disjointed square pegs in round holes stuff. Dolan trying his best, Brereton totally anonymous and wasted out wide, Rothwell too deep, If that's all an effort to stop the opposition it ruins Rovers as a dangerous football side. Fortunately Reading despite plenty effort weren't much good either.

Second half far better and the enforced changes seemed to put a bit of life into Rovers when it would've been easy to wilt.  Thought for a long time it had nil nil written all over it but a well worked goal and a pearler from Dolan were the difference. A 3rd should've been notched and we nearly had a young Colin Hendry moment for those who remember.

Exactly what I said about Van Hecke , only difference being Hendry would have scored in front of the Blackburn End ... Remember the goal v Palace to win 5-4 or 4-3 in the last minute ? 

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My man of the match would be joint one of Rothwell and Dolan who produced the goods that allow us to win todayCOYB!🔵

I thought Dolan had a stinker apart from his goal, bad decison after bad decision. He was about to get hooked for Khadra before Nyambe injury.

Thought Edun had a reallly good game at leftback and is light years better than Bell and Douglas. Great utility man.
Van Hecke was superb second half, close to goal of the season. 

Reading played pretty well first half, but as soon as we scored their heads went down. They have a really strong starting 11.

The front three switched quite a bit today which worked to a certain extent.

Its a good win anyway you want to shake it. I’ve resigned myself to Mowbray leaving in the summer, and I can just about stomach it. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would love him to sign here long term. I still hope he does. 

I think a move to Brentford or Bournemouth would be the right move if he wont sign a new contract here

He won't sign because Mogadon dosent rate him in the 10k bracket, same with Nyambe both on around 3.5k allegedly, yet he threw money at his favorites Bennett et al, we are going to be a shambles come the end of the season, Mogadons leaving present.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I thought Dolan had a stinker apart from his goal, bad decison after bad decision. He was about to get hooked for Khadra before Nyambe injury.

I thought he had 2 pieces of great skills in the first half and his goal second half was a great run and shot. Don't know who was going off tbh. 

24 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Thought Edun had a reallly good game at leftback and is light years better than Bell and Douglas. Great utility man.

Yes agreed there

24 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Its a good win anyway you want to shake it. I’ve resigned myself to Mowbray leaving in the summer, and I can just about stomach it. 

I'm not sure he will be here by end of the November international break

4 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

He won't sign because Mogadon dosent rate him in the 10k bracket, same with Nyambe both on around 3.5k allegedly, yet he threw money at his favorites Bennett et al, we are going to be a shambles come the end of the season, Mogadons leaving present.

Mowbray doesn't do contracts renewals. Thats Waggott job

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought he had 2 pieces of great skills in the first half and his goal second half was a great run and shot. Don't know who was going off tbh. 

Yes agreed there

I'm not sure he will be here by end of the November international break

Please let it be true, is this just a guess or some info.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray doesn't do contracts renewals. Thats Waggott job

So waggott decides who we buy or renew a contract with, i call that BS chaddy, the manager should decide who stays, as i mentioned previously, Mowbray made sure his favorites got contract extensions, wasted money and hardly ever played them.

22 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

There is absolutely no suggestion that the reason that these players wont sign new deals is that Mowbray wont consent to pay rises to 10k. He has regularly said that he wants them to stay but that it is down to the owners because they want more than we are currently offering which is as much as we can within the strict budgets.

• Like 1

This site has around 30 people posting regularly Waco, it represents less than 0.1% of the Rovers fan base.

I can assure you that the vast majority of Rovers fans are enjoying the win tonight, against an opposition that have spent way beyond our means, its a very good win, an impressive win. 

Onwards and upwards.

Tosh.

Utterly outplayed 1st half. They looked sharp, fit, nice passers. We looked lethargic and like a team trying not to lose. At home. Body language was poor. Buckley getting the hump because he didn’t get a couple of fouls in the tackle. (Travis too.) Pathetic. Even worse when he had to go to rightback. But but…for all their play, Reading had no shots on target (think that was the same at the end of the game?) And I thought that at the end of the first half we could go on to win this tragic game if we had any ambition. Sure enough, we come out second half, clearly with more energy and press high (instead of acting like an away side in the first half by sitting in our own half and trying to hit on the break by some pathetic long ball stuff). Rothwell does his thing, gets a little lucky by falling over and scrambling the ball against the post only for Gallagher to score a goal when he couldn’t miss from 1 yard. Dolan, lively all game (who on earth here is talking of his poor play) then scores a lovely curler. Cue us retreating again (fair enough) to sit on 2-0. Van Heck was excellent (do people watch the game game as me?)/ Defending strongly. On lovely strong piece of defending at the back, nice pass forward to Dolan for a break who crosses left foot to far post for Brereton? who nods down for, guess who, van Heck who has sprinted forward and almost scored. Those who are chiding him for missing are missing the point – he created it and wasn’t content to just sit at the back but galloped forward to try and get the goal. Class.

So. The Mogga failed by any measure last season and remained in post. Let’s see. Will we finish above last season?

Travis man of the match? He is a thick player who is slow of thought and looking for a scrap. Good at playing it sideways and back though. Next, it'll be that the ref cost us and was utterly biased.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

So waggott decides who we buy or renew a contract with, i call that BS chaddy, the manager should decide who stays, as i mentioned previously, Mowbray made sure his favorites got contract extensions, wasted money and hardly ever played them.

Mowbray does decide who stays but Waggott does the contract talks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

I thought Dolan had one of his best games for us today…great skills, tracking back, getting blocks in, unlucky not to score twice…yes he made the wrong decision on a few occasions but he’s still a teenager and I’m seeing progress from him on a near weekly basis. 

I agree, I thought he was pretty good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would love him to sign here long term. I still hope he does. 

I think a move to Brentford or Bournemouth would be the right move if he wont sign a new contract here

Why on earth would anyone choose either of those two above Rangers? 

• Like 1

First half I thought Edun was very poor; no better than Bell. Maybe he improved second half over on the far side of the pitch to me.

Dolan, Rothwell, Travis, Buckley all had good games. Bucko was doing well in midfield and did well at full back too. That Poveda is a complete waste of a team place for one of ours.

What a pity Van Hecke didn't score when he galloped upfield. He had a good game apart from when he was beaten for pace down our left and Lenihan had to save the day.

I'm glad we won but Reading played the far better football throughout.

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

I thought Dolan had one of his best games for us today…great skills, tracking back, getting blocks in, unlucky not to score twice…yes he made the wrong decision on a few occasions but he’s still a teenager and I’m seeing progress from him on a near weekly basis. 

Spot on TMC 👍

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

When a team is winning it is natural for the other team to be further forward trying to score. But I don't think we sat back that much or ever looked likely to concede, in fact if anyone was to score I would have said it was us.

It was a carbon copy of the Luton game. We were camped in our own penalty area - Reading had shown no ability to push us back like that before the second goal went in.

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

When it's not true? Mogga is well in there for the talks..fact.

Of course he’s in the talks, but it’s not his money. If we offered all we can and Rothwell wants more then that’s on the owners and Waggott to sort out.

Doesnt matter who our manager is, if a player wants more then the club will give him.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Of course he’s in the talks, but it’s not his money. If we offered all we can and Rothwell wants more then that’s on the owners and Waggott to sort out.

Doesnt matter who our manager is, if a player wants more then the club will give him.

#WaggottOut in other words? Agreed!

• Like 2