BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We trigger the extension and unless they offer what we consider acceptable he stays put.

See above post.

I would think the extension would be done to end of the season but if Sevilla qualify for next round of CL tonight then might come for him in January instead of Summer

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would think the extension would be done to end of the season but if Sevilla qualify for next round of CL tonight then might come for him in January instead of Summer

Be stupid selling for £20 million in january if we are still sitting pretty in a play off place.

With another year left on his deal we are likely to get bids of 15 million in the summer anyway so it is worth the risk of losing out on 5 million if we dont get promoted.

And if Sevilla do come in in the january window we say "Sorry Ben you are under contract and we have a chance of promotion, we will look at things again in the summer"

Plus Sevilla have had a link via Nixon, they could be looking at him but are they going to nearly match or better their transfer record to sign a player from the  Championship?

• Like 5

Lets not forget Brereton was bought as an investment signing presumably for a quick turnaround. It was well documented at the time, high fee, lower wages 'the flex', lower risk as although expensive he was young and would develop (when he finally got chance that is).

So if this was extra investment specifically chipped in by big Barry as some believe then it all comes down to if he wants his money back plus profit. If that's the case any big bid will be very tempting, do they really give a stuff about finishing 6th with him or 12th without ?

I doubt it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Lets not forget Brereton was bought as an investment signing presumably for a quick turnaround. It was well documented at the time, high fee, lower wages 'the flex', lower risk as although expensive he was young and would develop (when he finally got chance that is).

So if this was extra investment specifically chipped in by big Barry as some believe then it all comes down to if he wants his money back plus profit. If that's the case any big bid will be very tempting, do they really give a stuff about finishing 6th with him or 12th without ?

I doubt it.

They would be insane not to give a stuff about that (admittedly they might be insane). Finishing in 6th gives us what you could call a 1 in 4 chance of getting the greatest prize in this league. Which is worth what is it these days, at least 130 million? As outlined above you're probably only looking at about a 5 million quid gamble on BB's price reduction by the summer. 5 million extra guaranteed, or 1 in 4 shot at 130 million?

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Be stupid selling for £20 million in january if we are still sitting pretty in a play off place.

With another year left on his deal we are likely to get bids of 15 million in the summer anyway so it is worth the risk of losing out on 5 million if we dont get promoted.

And if Sevilla do come in in the january window we say "Sorry Ben you are under contract and we have a chance of promotion, we will look at things again in the summer"

Plus Sevilla have had a link via Nixon, they could be looking at him but are they going to nearly match or better their transfer record to sign a player from the  Championship?

The Sevilla link happened before nixon link. Here the link for him

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-la-liga-quartet-including-sevilla-eyeing-blackburns-ben-brereton/

Brereton is on form and Chilean International 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Sevilla link happened before nixon link. Here the link for him

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-la-liga-quartet-including-sevilla-eyeing-blackburns-ben-brereton/

Brereton is on form and Chilean International 

Even if the interest is genuine we shouldnt be selling for 20 million in the January window if we are still in with a shout for promotion.Likely to get at least 15 for him in the summer anyway.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

They would be insane not to give a stuff about that (admittedly they might be insane). Finishing in 6th gives us what you could call a 1 in 4 chance of getting the greatest prize in this league. Which is worth what is it these days, at least 130 million? As outlined above you're probably only looking at about a 5 million quid gamble on BB's price reduction by the summer. 5 million extra guaranteed, or 1 in 4 shot at 130 million?

I don't think anyone has explained all this to them. They seem to think you make money from selling young players and that's that.

Edited by booth

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think there's much doubt offers have been made JH.

However if the players won't accept them, they might as well have not been made at all - the net effect is the same.

So as I keep saying the key question is are the offers realistic? Waggott claims they are, the players (or perhaps their agents) don't seem to be of the same view.

Don't suppose we'll ever find out who's being reasonable and who's being unreasonable but one thing's for sure, I find it hard to believe a single word that comes out of Waggott's mouth after he attempted to recreate his training ground scam here.

Well they haven't made any offer to Mowbray or his staff, and seemingly he has zero idea whether he will be offered one or not with only 6 months left to run on his current deal. So I would certainly raise the question as to why everyone is so happy to believe that they have offered players improved terms.

Mowbray is one of their friends, they like him and trust him and have met him in person on several occasions at their house in India. 

They haven't met the players because they can't be bothered coming to the UK to visit the club.

So if they can treat Mowbray in that way - leaving him to wonder what his future holds and not make any progress on a new deal - then surely they can and will do the same for players they have never met?

Seems odd to assume that they would be willing and able to chuck substantial money at player contract extensions whilst staying silent on Mowbray?

I agree it is all quite pointless discussing really because the only thing that actually matters is whether the players sign or not. Maybe we have made them offers but they are crap so players would sooner become free agents and try their luck elsewhere. I think that is unlikely to be the case because I don't see many Championship clubs outside the current top 3 that have the means at their disposal to offer these players substantially more. If they do then I would of course come back and question where the hell Venkys' £20 million a year is going if mediocre Championship clubs are in a position to entice our players away.

It is pointless - just like Waggott doesn't get credit for talking about a new Riverside, or telling his chums at Sky Sports that a new Ewood pitch is in the pipeline or that some really good players were sat at Brockhall on deadline day wanting to sign but didn't. End results are what matter. No points or credit for failing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, unsall said:

Think he said a complete new pitch if we could afford it, obviously they went for the cheaper option, but you have to admit it the pitch has never looked better in December for a long time.

Riverside, do you really expect it with the attendances we get at the moment, that’s certainly not sticking up for Waggot just common sense with us round FFP constantly.

Back to the contracts, can’t believe you still think they haven’t been offered improved contracts, think everyone knows they have, it’s obviously down to if we are being tight or agents being greedy… probably a bit of both..

Yes I do expect a new Riverside. There's more to a stadium and stand than just numbers through the door. It doesn't need to increase capacity of Ewood, but it could improve everything else about the place.

The facility is inadequate for modern day requirements. I think it is one of the worst stands in the top 2 divisions. No disabled facilities, no concourse, no shelter, uncovered seats, restricted view seats. It needs replacing and there's no reason it couldn't be if the owners were serious about improving things here.

Speaking of FFP - a new stand with proper facilities would provide additional income streams to help with FFP - office space, retail space, hospitality - whilst also making Ewood Park a better venue to host other events.

Turd Moor held England U23s the other week. Why are games being held there when none are held at Ewood? More £££ missed out on.

The pitch isn't up to scratch. The groundstaff do their best but we haven't had many games on it recently and it will deteriorate again rapidly. Waggott knows this which is why he was promising a new one but then failed to deliver. The current arrangement is just a patch up job until the next bad spell hits.

Again it is all just emblematic of a club that has cut corners for far too long and it comes back to bite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yes I do expect a new Riverside. There's more to a stadium and stand than just numbers through the door. It doesn't need to increase capacity of Ewood, but it could improve everything else about the place.

The facility is inadequate for modern day requirements. I think it is one of the worst stands in the top 2 divisions. No disabled facilities, no concourse, no shelter, uncovered seats, restricted view seats. It needs replacing and there's no reason it couldn't be if the owners were serious about improving things here.

Speaking of FFP - a new stand with proper facilities would provide additional income streams to help with FFP - office space, retail space, hospitality - whilst also making Ewood Park a better venue to host other events.

Turd Moor held England U23s the other week. Why are games being held there when none are held at Ewood? More £££ missed out on.

The pitch isn't up to scratch. The groundstaff do their best but we haven't had many games on it recently and it will deteriorate again rapidly. Waggott knows this which is why he was promising a new one but then failed to deliver. The current arrangement is just a patch up job until the next bad spell hits.

Again it is all just emblematic of a club that has cut corners for far too long and it comes back to bite.

The Riverside does have a concourse at the rear

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If you don't like going into the Riverside, go somewhere else.

• Like 2

The Riverside is what it is! If you dont like it or it's lack of some facilities compared to the other stands... then just sit in one of the other stands🤷‍♀️ If the riverside was redone then it would just become a generic stand like the others and would lose the essence of what it is that makes so many people prefer to sit in there and most likely the seat prices would increase too, So I don't get the argument! as long as its completely safe that's all that matters.

The only thing I hate about the riverside stand is the obscenely loud poor quality pr/sound system

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

i sit in the riverside,it has a concourse,a roof and plenty of leg room,what more do you want,silver service

on the issue of uncovered seats and restricted views,every stadium in the country has them,anfield,old trafford and even wembley

• Like 1

The replacement Riverside was always a piss poor, cheap make do job, it’s only four years older than the Jack Walker and look at the state of it!

The original Riverside was a ‘non generic’ stand with ‘essence’, not that present carbuncle. 

Edited by Mattyblue

It would have been good if they replaced the Riverside with a smaller two tier stand bringing it to the same height as the rest of the stadium but around the same capacity as it is now (doesn't matter if it's less), space underneath for bars and refreshments and have it closer to the pitch.

Always had a soft spot for that old creaking rust bucket though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Extra office space, retail and hospitality? We barely use the available hospitality space in the stadium as it is. The Darwen End hospitality area has been empty on match days for years. A hotel is the only idea I’ve heard about but until we’re back in the pl, we can’t justify a new riverside.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Extra office space, retail and hospitality? We barely use the available hospitality space in the stadium as it is. The Darwen End hospitality area has been empty on match days for years. A hotel is the only idea I’ve heard about but until we’re back in the pl, we can’t justify a new riverside.

The absolute priority has to be squad and contracts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The replacement Riverside was always a piss poor, cheap make do job, it’s only four years older than the Jack Walker and look at the state of it!

The original Riverside was a ‘non generic’ stand with ‘essence’, not that present carbuncle. 

I worked for Jack at Guide we donated all the steel for free, and that was before he took over. I know he was pissed off with what was put up. If he’d lived a few more years he would have pulled it down and put one up in keeping with the other three sides. The reason he didn’t do it earlier was he always wanted value for money. Jack we all miss you.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

Well they haven't made any offer to Mowbray or his staff, and seemingly he has zero idea whether he will be offered one or not with only 6 months left to run on his current deal. So I would certainly raise the question as to why everyone is so happy to believe that they have offered players improved terms.

Mowbray is one of their friends, they like him and trust him and have met him in person on several occasions at their house in India. 

Mowbray has confirmed it himself that he hasn't been offered a new deal and isn't really interested YET. He along with others at the club, agents and other sources have ALL confirmed contracts have been offered and have so far have all been declined. So on this point I really cant get my head around why you still don't accept is as being true!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I worked for Jack at Guide we donated all the steel for free, and that was before he took over. I know he was pissed off with what was put up. If he’d lived a few more years he would have pulled it down and put one up in keeping with the other three sides. The reason he didn’t do it earlier was he always wanted value for money. Jack we all miss you.

I remember him on the the pitch at the end of a season saying he’d buy us a new stand if we kept supporting the team. Good times.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Mowbray has confirmed it himself that he hasn't been offered a new deal and isn't really interested YET. He along with others at the club, agents and other sources have ALL confirmed contracts have been offered and have so far have all been declined. So on this point I really cant get my head around why you still don't accept is as being true!

Agents and 'other sources' - who? Can you name anyone who has this information and has shared it publicly?

It all comes back to Waggott and Mowbray. Everything that has appeared in the press is either presumption or based on what Mowbray or Waggott have said.

If you can point me in the direction of when and where an agent, player or reliable source (not the Ewood cleaners) have confirmed that improved contracts are on the table for these players then I'll be happy to hold my hands up.

Until then I wouldn't trust Waggott as far as I could throw him and certainly won't be accepting what he has to say as the gospel truth.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Just on another topic, see Hibs have sacked their manager. Didn’t take long for Kean to spread his poison.

Contract extensions for all senior influential players once he steps in followed by offering 75% pay offs before they kick in. Then the revolving door policy begins disguised as a rebuilding job.

Be interesting to see the pattern that might unfold up there but one thing is for sure that rat isn't there to coach kids long term. This has operation Wee Stevie the comeback written all over it.

• Like 1