BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21

So this is the first Championship game against Peterborough since one of many low points we've had since our PL relegation, the home defeat against them in 12/13. 0-3 down at HT and a good few chancers wearing the shirt - thankfully the odious Orr and Murphy were hauled off at half time and, if I remember correctly, neither were seen again thank god.

2-0 Rovers after being 0-0 at HT.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, frosty said:

So this is the first Championship game against Peterborough since one of many low points we've had since our PL relegation, the home defeat against them in 12/13. 0-3 down at HT and a good few chancers wearing the shirt - thankfully the odious Orr and Murphy were hauled off at half time and, if I remember correctly, neither were seen again thank god.

2-0 Rovers after being 0-0 at HT.

Some pretty undiplomatic language from Appleton at the end of that game as I recall! Without naming names, basically said that a handful of players weren't bothered and had downed tools. 

I'm not arguing that he would've been a success (that Millwall quarter final is still etched in my memory!) but an interesting bit of alternative history over our recent past would've been to see what Appleton could've done with the opportunity to rebuild that Bowyer was ultimately given. 

• Like 5

All the odds suggest a Rovers win. We are in decent form other than the Fulham debacle, our home form is decent with defeats only against West Brom and Fulham and should be even stronger having flushed away 2-0 leads against Coventry and Luton.

Peterborough's away form is beyond dismal with all but one of their away games ending in defeat.

Really we have to win this one but then I keep reminding myself that the games where we are favourites and expected to win we tend to struggle. Mowbray seems to prefer it when expectations are lower.

A tough game at Stoke on Saturday but all the focus needs to be on getting the 3 points tomorrow and worry about Stoke on Thursday/Friday. I hope Mowbray doesn't muck around making changes with Stoke in mind and then let points slip v Posh. Focus on the next one. I'll never forget our midweek fixture at Reading a couple of years ago when he went there making changes against a relegation threatened Reading because we had a game v Middlesbrough at the weekend and we ended up getting 0 points when Reading were there for the taking.

If we can get the 3 points here and take something from Stoke it will be a healthy week's return of 5 points from 9. 4 points from 9 wouldn't be too bad but would see us lose ground on sides above us. Less than 4 points from 9 would be very disappointing given the form of Bristol and Peterborough.

• Like 1

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Some pretty undiplomatic language from Appleton at the end of that game as I recall! Without naming names, basically said that a handful of players weren't bothered and had downed tools. 

I'm not arguing that he would've been a success (that Millwall quarter final is still etched in my memory!) but an interesting bit of alternative history over our recent past would've been to see what Appleton could've done with the opportunity to rebuild that Bowyer was ultimately given. 

I'd take him now tbh 

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Port Out Starboard Home - 24/11/21 @ Fortress Ewood
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

At the start of the season when it became apparent moggasurus would bumble on for another year I thought we’d possibly break club records for low home attendances. I looked at this fixture as the one which might break the records - small away following, midweek, coming towards Xmas, crap side, etc.

As it turned out Fulham in early nov was the lowest attendance since the ground was redeveloped but I stand by my summer prediction this will be the lowest attendance of the season and therefore lowest for over 3 decades. 

* wasn’t Fulham that was the record drubbing. Potentially hull for the attendance one

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I won't be there - am having to self isolate with the family, and can confirm that this Covid thing is real. Currently completely unable to taste or smell anything - NOTHING AT ALL - which is a weird thing.

I can confirm that too. Been struck down with it over the last week or so as have the rest of the family. Today has been the worst, not being able to breathe on occasion. Awful.

• Gone to seed changed the title to Port Out Starboard Home (Peterborough United)- 24/11/21 @ Fortress Ewood
On 23/11/2021 at 02:29, WIR Second Coming said:

I won't be there - am having to self isolate with the family, and can confirm that this Covid thing is real. Currently completely unable to taste or smell anything - NOTHING AT ALL - which is a weird thing.

14 hours ago, booth said:

I can confirm that too. Been struck down with it over the last week or so as have the rest of the family. Today has been the worst, not being able to breathe on occasion. Awful.

Get well soon to you both, this bloody pandemic is far from over as you can both testify to.

• Like 2

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Pickering

Travis Davenport

Dolan Rothwell Khadra

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Edun, Wharton, Butterworth, Johnson, Buckley, Clarkson

Fully expecting a back 3 but I would prefer the above, Davenport can give us more balance and Buckley was really poor at the weekend so bring Rothwell back in his place.

Weak bench is a major concern.