BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22

• Madon pinned this topic
On 16/01/2022 at 14:55, BigBar said:

Hull looked so basic and showed why they are where they are in the league. It's hard to get into the mindset that we should be beating certain teams but we should be beating them.

They are relegation candidates and we should be taking 3 points.

What worries me is the "relative form" in the form league tables.

In the bottom 8 clubs from Swansea down, only 3 are in the plus side

Hull             +0.46

Cardiff        +0.08

Derby.          +0.4

So don't take too much notice of their league position. We struggled at Cardiff. We may struggle more at Hull.

In comparison Rovers are    +0.87

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I might be inclined to leave Lenihan there and bring Ayala into the back three. I don’t think JRC is ready and the new guy needs to watch a few games to get his head around the refereeing in this country. We need Buckley as a playmaker.

I would hesitate to do that - Lenihan has been superb at RCB and I don't think Van Hecke looks anywhere as comfortable there. Rather have JRC step in at RWB - it's a perfect role for him.

Agree until Markanday or Dack are available I would stick with Buckley at false 9. He's been a bit hit or miss, but when he has a good game he makes everything tick so well. Gallagher or Dolan through the middle is workable but don't offer as much all round.

If Fulham were to lose tonight we could go top, now THAT would be all the motivation we need and another milestone ticked off in this crazy season.

However, they play Birmingham who are beyond dreadful so it's probably another 5 goal+ win for them 😏

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

If Fulham were to lose tonight we could go top, now THAT would be all the motivation we need and another milestone ticked off in this crazy season.

However, they play Birmingham who are beyond dreadful so it's probably another 5 goal+ win for them 😏

Quite excited for the Fulham game tonight. Such an odd team who are likely to blow the opposition away but also liable to struggle if it doesn't quite click. We could be top tomorrow.

On 20/12/2021 at 19:42, Gav said:

I was just looking at the ticket allocation and noticed Hull City do not allow children under 2yrs old into the stadium? I've never seen that before? What is the thinking behind that?

Anyway, just over 3000 tickets for Rovers fans, those would have sold out for sure if Sky hadn't decided at the last minute to televise the game.....

Hull City 1 Rovers 1 

Hull City 1 Rovers 2 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hull City 1 Rovers 2 

I think Rovers will be really fired up for tomorrow night and will need little motivation from elsewhere....we'll rip into Hull from the off, on the front foot.

On the ticketing front, Rovers are still expecting 2,500 plus at Hull and if folk didn't already know, we sold out our 1,000 allocation for Luton by mid afternoon yesterday, which was the first day they were on sale.

COYB!!!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

On the ticketing front, Rovers are still expecting 2,500 plus at Hull and if folk didn't already know, we sold out our 1,000 allocation for Luton by mid afternoon yesterday, which was the first day they were on sale.

COYB!!!

There is still a few left, my mate got one this morning.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Perhaps he got lucky......I couldn't buy one extra for a season ticket holding mate at 9.30am this morning and that's what I was told. 

Yeah must have, he's just told me they said it was in the last handful at 9am this morning.

Anyway Hull, really intrigued to see the away following on TV tomorrow night as i'll still be surprised if 2500 turn up.

After watching the Hull/Stoke game on Sunday, there's no excuse for not taking 3 points here.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Hull City (a) - 19/1/22
3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah must have, he's just told me they said it was in the last handful at 9am this morning.

Anyway Hull, really intrigued to see the away following on TV tomorrow night as i'll still be surprised if 2500 turn up.

After watching the Hull/Stoke game on Sunday, there's no excuse for not taking 3 points here.

I went to the ticket office yesterday to purchase an additional Hull ticket. I was told there have been around 1200 refunded tickets. The original following was 2,900 so at least 1700 still going. Hopefully darrenrover’s 2500 figure is more accurate than the info I was given! 

• Like 1

No pay on the day for Rovers fans at Hull. One of the most frustrating parts of post shutdown football. This inexplicable lack of being able to buy on the day. Hull's last home game attendance was 11k, in a 25k stadium. No doubt for a mid week game against Rovers it will be similar. There are 15k empty seats in the ground, why can't folk pay on the day ffs?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

No pay on the day for Rovers fans at Hull. One of the most frustrating parts of post shutdown football. This inexplicable lack of being able to buy on the day. Hull's last home game attendance was 11k, in a 25k stadium. No doubt for a mid week game against Rovers it will be similar. There are 15k empty seats in the ground, why can't folk pay on the day ffs?

I don't get it either. You could pay on the gate at league 1 Wigan but the Championship clubs don't seem to allow it these days. It comes in handy if you're busy and don't have time to sort tickets in advance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I think Rovers will be really fired up for tomorrow night and will need little motivation from elsewhere....we'll rip into Hull from the off, on the front foot.

COYB!!!

blood hell ,i was hoping to go😪