BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Our set pieces are absolutely awful. What on earth are we doing in training?!

I don't know what's worse,our set pieces or throw ins,do they just piss about in training do they not try and improve on things we're shit at.

• Like 1

Today Rovers put a video on of Mike Newell scoring a goal from a Kevin Gallacher flick on. He was playing against a player much taller than him and still managed a good header over to Newell.

Gallagher is the opposite, taller than his opposition but got lead in his boots.

Got a bit of a hammering at times but came into the game. A better decision here and there could have resulted in a precious goal. 

Sheffield Utd have conceded 1 from corners all season so all those woeful set pieces aren't anything that could have capitalised on.

Robinson should have at least been booked for barging into Travis. The ref did nothing.

Did the lad who pushed Nyambe into the advertising boards not get booked either?

Very winnable game this, they look vulnerable on the counter and close to panic when they're playing out from the back. Still need to keep them from scoring and for Gallagher to find his shooting boots, once again he looks like he's playing in clogs. Van Hecke is absolute warrior for such a (relatively) short defender. 

Can’t see where the goals are coming from. Didn’t even realise Buckley was playing, Khadra largely anonymous as well. Gallagher needs to step it up here.

Good news is that Sheff Utd are just as poor as us. They’d be there for the taking if we just had someone who could score.

Gallagher running his arse off, zero service, the ball watchers won’t see that.

If it stays like this I’ll be happy.

Rock steady no longer providing the stewarding, it’s a much more pleasant experience than the last time. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Another 0 in the GF column here and I don't see how people can't be concerned. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Rovers team that looks less like scoring than the current lot - which is strange considering at one point very recently we were second highest scorers in the division. Was it really all down to Diaz?

• Like 1