BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

5 matches without a goal, and in two of those matches the opposition were down to ten men for at least 20 minutes. We lost both. Absolutely pathetic.

Losing faith and hope at this point, but at least if we do finish outside of the playoffs Mowbray will surely be gone. If I'm being honest regardless of how the first half of this season went, I can't wait for him to be gone. I'm beyond tired of these stupid negative patterns we get into. The only reason we've not completely plummeted this time around is because we have a stronger defence - but it only slightly helps when you literally cannot score.

People will say "would have taken a point away from home against Sheff Utd, would have gotten it if we hadn't missed a penalty, what more do people want" - but in the context of the match this is three vital points dropped, combined with another goalless performance. We literally can't score against teams playing for significant periods with one less player than us. 

I've always felt that Rovers under Mowbray have had a mentality problem. Able to fly when things are going well, completely bomb when things begin to go south and take a long time to recover. Buckley and Rothwell are certainly showing that, despite an impressive first half of the season, they can't be relied upon to be our solution when BBD is out. Neither have stepped up when we needed them. 

We had the game handed to us on a plate tonight and blew it. Genuinely feels at this point like we won't score for the rest of the season. Mowbray will ultimately leave this club having blew our best chance of promotion in a decade and with multiple negative records to his name. That's a reality I am 100% certain now will come to pass.

This is spot on. The whole thing is just painful. We don't deserve to be anywhere near promotion candidates.

Absolutely sickening. As bad an ending to a match as I can remember for a few years.

What I will say is the back 3 were brilliant again, especially Wharton. 

Kaminski saved us on many occasions but that flap was pathetic. 

When it comes down to it though, somehow Buckley and Gallagher played a full 90 minutes. Whether it’s down to having no good replacements, or the people in charge thinking they’re good enough, either way it’s on Mowbrays head. 

We have absolute no chance from here. 5 games with no goals, heads down. 5 teams below us have games in hand and we’ll be out of the playoffs before we get thumped by Fulham. 

• Like 5

The thing is, even if we did manage to salvage this, it would be against lower level teams. Aside from the odd anomaly we never lay a glove on a decent team. It would take a miracle for us to do anything in the play-offs themselves.

Also whoever threw money at a long term ckntract for Gallagher needs firing, literally useless.

• Like 2

Gallagher should have taken the pen, Kaminsk has been outstanding but cost us the goal. 
On the face of it a very good performance, tremendous support, I’m only 15 miles to home.

Onwards and upwards.

Dirty United bastards. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

The game pivoted on the decision to let Khadra take the pen. 

Schoolboy stuff.

Gallagher is a so-called striker who doesn't have the bottle to take a penalty. Amateurish to give the responsibility to a kid. Mowbray is a born loser who can't help himself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I don't rate Mowbray, but this is crazy.

This was our best 45 since before Christmas.

And yes, that's despite the goal....

I dunno how opinions can differ so much from the same game or are you beeing sarcastic? We had the ball vs ten men (wow!), and created what except from the penalty? Anyone can pass the ball around the back five and midtfield with no pressure, even Mokoena.

I feel sick. Genuinely close to tears at the sheer hopelessness of the situation and how totally impotent this team has become. Action could have been taken in January to avoid all of this. The fact that it wasn't should lead to Mowbray being out on his arse. The sooner the better. He has totally fucked this up. And if half the team leave then so be it. Most of them have not got the guts or attitude required to get out of this division. Rothwell, Buckley, Khadra. Talented but not as good as they (and some of our fans) think they are.

• Like 7

Devastated. 

We have one outlet on the counter and that's Khadra. Gallagher works hard and Buckley useful when they went down to ten men. Don't like this setup, we hardly create anything. Been a long time since we scored from a set piece too, Sheffield United taught a lesson on set pieces.

They're a nasty team though. Great ref, they could have had more yellows and another red though, but no complaints.

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Venkys... this is what happen when you dont spend when you have the biggest chance to get to the premier league. and all the money spinning around it.

He said he could have signed “number 9’s” but he didn’t want them because we don’t play that way.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2