BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was talking about coming back for 3 games to help his club out and his mate Johnson out. 

Why? There's no basis for that. He has no positive record at any level, even as a coach.

Added to the fact: He doesn't want to coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Why? There's no basis for that. He has no positive record at any level, even as a coach.

Added to the fact: He doesn't want to coach.

It was 3 games to help his club and Johnson who I said I would appoint for last 3 games while the club conduct a search for next manager/head coach of the club. 

I think Dunn would do this for his club. 

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe Dunn would do anything at a coaching level at this club.

It is worth remembering that Mowbray got rid of him very quickly after taking over.

Once again pure laziness suggesting people with a local or playing connection as management/coaching suggestions with little reason other than some mythical 'understanding' of the Club, as though Ainsworth being born in Blackburn but having had no involvement or exposure to Rovers for decades is going to make him a good manager any more than any other option in the lower leagues. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

This utterly bizarre idea of assembling a combination of former players. Its unlikely to lead to success on the pitch but at least they might jump about a bit on the touchline which is the priority. (Saying that, I am unconvinced that either Johnson or Dunn are that sort of person)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This utterly bizarre idea of assembling a combination of former players. Its unlikely to lead to success on the pitch but at least they might jump about a bit on the touchline which is the priority. (Saying that, I am unconvinced that either Johnson or Dunn are that sort of person)

Duffer would do for me as one of the coaches.  Good reports of his start in the role.

Shay as goalie coach....

Dunn needs to shed a few stone by the looks of him the other night at Ewood...surely cannot come in and start telling people what to do...Pie Man.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Successful coaches in other codes don’t feel the need  to jump around on the touchline. In both codes of rugby they sit high up in the stand were they have the best view of play and communicate with the bench by phone. It works for them.

• Like 2

Looks like Mowbray is definitely on his way and the team know.. with this in mind I would send him packing ASAP and put ANYONE in charge who could motivate the team till the end of the season.. whilst looking for a perm long term solution..

Absolutely pointless keeping him around as we fall further into his black hole.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was 3 games to help his club and Johnson who I said I would appoint for last 3 games while the club conduct a search for next manager/head coach of the club. 

I think Dunn would do this for his club. 

I know you think that. But why? He has no record of ever doing well as a coach at ANY level.

Why, suddenly, do you think he's fit to coach us? Because he's mates with Johnson? I've had enough 'jobs for my mates' from Mowbray.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Successful coaches in other codes don’t feel the need  to jump around on the touchline. In both codes of rugby they sit high up in the stand were they have the best view of play and communicate with the bench by phone. It works for them.

It worked well for us with Allardyce and MacDonald too, with Sam only coming down to the touchline when he needed to put a rocket up someone.

• Like 1

The only reason Jürgen Klopp is so successful at Liverpool is because he's very expressive and vocal during a match. Nothing to do with knowing how to coach, or being a great motivator.......Sorry but Dunn was a good player at Rovers, but that does not mean he should get a job because he was in the same youth team as a first team coach here. It's that kind of thinking that allowed Myles Anderson to get a contract, or sons of legendary players or managers to waltz into the youth teams of that particular club regardless of ability. 

Why not go the whole hog and have Tim Sherwood, with Henning Berg as assistant, Jeff Kenna and Brad Friedel as coaches?. Stuart Ripley can do the legal paperwork regarding any sale of Brockhall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Screenshot_20220418-191336_Twitter.jpg

@glen9mullansuggested him a few weeks back and If that is true I am surprised that we can attract him to the club. Done very well at this level and knows this league whilst he will continue to develop the youth here. 

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

I know you think that. But why? He has no record of ever doing well as a coach at ANY level.

Why, suddenly, do you think he's fit to coach us? Because he's mates with Johnson? I've had enough 'jobs for my mates' from Mowbray.

Blimey Mike, It was for last 3 games of the season after I would sack Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson today. then Appoint Damien Johnson as interim manager for the last 3 games of the season. 

Mowbray knows his days here are done here and we need to move on from him now. His all interview, attitude and touchline manner has the sign of a man who has left his confidence, self belief and doesn't want to be here anymore

Edited by chaddyrovers

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We can only hope.

But, no, he won't be lined up.

Very doubtful , but currently not managing (since early March)  due to the Rusian invasion of Ukraine. (according to wiki).  Apparently contracted to 2024 so unsure if he is available or not.

Edited by perthblue02

Yep, I agree with everyone else, that would require:

Forethought 

Ambition

Football Awareness

Money

All of which history tells us is not going to happen. I’d be looking far less ambitious and much cheaper. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Very doubtful , but currently not managing (since ealy March)  due to the Rusian invasion of Ukraine. (according to wiki).  Apparently contracted to 2024 so unsure if he is available or not.

Didn't his contract get rip up by that club

• Like 1