BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Whilst I am positive about the managerial appointments I do think people are underestimating the task on hand here this season.

5 of our best 11 last season have already left, with another one certain to follow at some point.

We need 6 good players in just to stand still as a top half side, the likes of Vale, Butterworth, Magloire just won't be upto it, while it's a season or two too soon for Garrett, Phillips, Wharton, Leonard etc.

I just don't see us getting the required quality in, in time. I think we'll be miles behind come 30th July.

Preparing for one hell of a struggle this season.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Whilst I am positive about the managerial appointments I do think people are underestimating the task on hand here this season.

5 of our best 11 last season have already left, with another one certain to follow at some point.

We need 6 good players in just to stand still as a top half side, the likes of Vale, Butterworth, Magloire just won't be upto it, while it's a season or two too soon for Garrett, Phillips, Wharton, Leonard etc.

I just don't see us getting the required quality in, in time. I think we'll be miles behind come 30th July.

Preparing for one he'll of a struggle this season.

You are spot on.  Saw a photo on twitter with JDT on the training field and he had about 8 players around him in the image and not one of them have played more than 10 games...worrying times unless we bang 20m for BBD and JDT gets to spend it all plus a bit more.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think selling him at that point would have been totally mad. We'd be going on about how we sold one of our best players to a rival team. 

His poor performances during the second half of the season could have been sorted out by a decent manager. 

The other thing is that TM wouldn’t have bought a goalscorer with the money anyway.

• Like 2

It really is such a breath of fresh air having a manager who is positive about things. 

Saw a video of him saying he can't wait for the first game etc. 

Contrast that with the last five years of that complete bell end Mowbray always whinging about how everyone else is so much better than we are and we're all so tired. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It really is such a breath of fresh air having a manager who is positive about things. 

Saw a video of him saying he can't wait for the first game etc. 

Contrast that with the last five years of that complete bell end Mowbray always whinging about how everyone else is so much better than we are and we're all so tired. 

Keep telling players they are tired and they’ll play like it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve never been Joe Rothwell’s biggest fan. I still stand by my comment of “ doesn’t do enough often enough for a midfield player “ that I made at the time. Having said that I accept he had a substantial fan club who’s opinion was different to mine. I think the owners were aware of the out cry there would have been if he had have been sold with us second in the league at the time. Especially if the money had gone in the same drawer as the Armstrong money. I would suggest that could have easily been the case.

Will do well to have any impact in the Premier League 

6 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’d say JDT but given all this summer’s departures it’s probably closer than many would think…

One of the many problems I had with Mowbray is that every offseason was a firefighting / patchwork job just to assemble a squad - mostly by bringing in 5+ loanees.

He never actually built a squad, just survived year to year with loaned players.

In a way it's good that now the buck has stopped, JDT has almost a clean slate to work with (Ayala's ridiculous wages aside), but he has a lot to fix in a short time.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dallydally said:

I think so too. Somewhat of a luxury player. There are two  kinds of players - the ones that get you on top in a game and the ones that take advantage of the situation once their team is on top. He belongs in the second group.

46 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Rothwell will do nothing in the PL. Those mazy dribbles he goes on only happen because he has a decent turn of pace. Everyone in the PL has a decent turn of pace.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Rothwell will do nothing in the PL. Those mazy dribbles he goes on only happen because he has a decent turn of pace. Everyone in the PL has a decent turn of pace.

if he tries those mazy dribbles in the wrong area then he won`t last long in the top flight,parker won`t know where his best position is either,i hope joe likes sitting on the bench cos he`ll be there a lot

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Rothwell will do nothing in the PL. Those mazy dribbles he goes on only happen because he has a decent turn of pace. Everyone in the PL has a decent turn 

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he tries those mazy dribbles in the wrong area then he won`t last long in the top flight,parker won`t know where his best position is either,i hope joe likes sitting on the bench cos he`ll be there a lot

It’s all about Rothwell’s missus and the attraction of living in Sandbanks!

7 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s accepted Mowbray inherited a mess from coyle, but he’s definitely left a mess behind. Especially if work on the basis Brereton will be sold. 

Kaminski, pears, Ayala, Garrett, Pickering, Wharton, Buckley, Dack, markanday, Travis, butterworth, Dolan, Gallagher, hedges, jrc, vale, Brereton.

Vs

Steele, Raya, Williams, Lenihan, Henley, Mulgrew, Nyambe, brown, Mahoney, Conway, Feeney, Guthrie, Lowe, Tomlinson, Emnes, Graham, joao, stokes, Gallagher.

Who inherited a bigger mess? I think the defence is worse now and the midfield options are better and attacking options (without Brereton) are equally poor. It’s close for me a tie. 

You can't say without Brereton as even if he is sold, a huge amount of money is generated. There should also be more still from the Armstrong sale that was never reinvested.

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The one who is REALLY struggling with the high press is Dacky!! 👀🤐

How could that possibly be established a couple of days into pre-season? And why is someone internal leaking that if that is indeed what you are implying?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You can't say without Brereton as even if he is sold, a huge amount of money is generated. There should also be more still from the Armstrong sale that was never reinvested.

How could that possibly be established a couple of days into pre-season? And why is someone internal leaking that if that is indeed what you are implying?

I could have told you that about Dack before he kicked a ball. You don’t have to be Pep to realise pressing isn’t big in his skill set. He’s not really cut out for it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I could have told you that about Dack before he kicked a ball. You don’t have to be Pep to realise pressing isn’t big in his skill set. He’s not really cut out for it.

In my opinion, coming back from both ACL's being damaged, Dack will have to rely on his skill and vision, rather than an ability to press. Whether that is what JDT will want, is up to JDT.  

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Tomasson has been getting the young players to do presentations to see what they think and if they have ideas. I think that's superb. They must feel much more valued as players and I can imagine it's a motivational boost for them.

I think it is more along the lines of, take them out of their comfort zone, and see how they react. It is still a great but simple idea.

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dack press in the league 1 campaign but whether he can do like that now I don't know after 2 ACL injuries 

53 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Tomasson has been getting the young players to do presentations to see what they think and if they have ideas. I think that's superb. They must feel much more valued as players and I can imagine it's a motivational boost for them.

great idea and modern ideas by JDT

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You know where the Armstrong went? to cover last season debt. 

I would imagine that JDT has been working on the high pressing he wants. Josh said similar that he has been working on the high press. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

From the videos of training that have been posted JDT looks to be well involved with the players and pushing them relatively hard, whilst giving players both old and young a chance to give their ideas. It's refreshing to see a manager who takes training seriously and clearly has a plan he wants to implement.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

I don't expect this to be a one time thing either. I think this was a regular requirement of youth players at Malmö to see if they were actually thinking about football, their performances, their strengths, weaknesses how they can help and fit in. Instead of being told in training like children they actually think for themselves and do self analysis. Simple but quite brilliant. 

• Like 9