BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

15 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Maybe, but right now we need to get some points on the board.

I'm not quite sure how that meeting will facilitate that.

It wasn't even organised to facilitate that.

Just deflection leading to more division. It certainly won't make the head coach's (whoever that may be) job any easier or the players any better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If they do that’s where they’re going wrong.

From the way they play when behind they certainly are talking about a plan B, so yeah I do believe they are talking about something else

25 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

That is sadly a strong possibility. He lives local. Big name. Feckin useless tho 

Thankfully Rooney said he was going to take some time away from the game. Let's hope he meant it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base.

Well said.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So basically the meeting was called so 5 senior players could say to a number of fans who have no real clout over the fan base “stop booing when we are shit, we don’t like it.

The meeting was called to isolate JDT further as a few too many fans were understanding what he was saying.

@J*B Did JDTS name come up at all during the meeting?

• Like 2

Just now, alcd said:

Thankfully Rooney said he was going to take some time away from the game. Let's hope he meant it.

They all say that while the wait by the phone praying,

Want Roy Keane in, he can kick the shit out of the players and call the pathetic management of the club out, should only take a week

• Like 5

The context J*B has given about half time talks is crucial. Having around 10000 people booing you can't be nice, bad enough for the experienced players but understandable how this could knock the youngsters. I'm not saying fans shouldn't boo, they have the right to express themselves, but the comments saying the players aren't focused on improving in the second half - you can't when half of the team have been shaken by the reaction. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blow-in said:

They all say that while the wait by the phone praying,

Want Roy Keane in, he can kick the shit out of the players and call the pathetic management of the club out, should only take a week

strangely i think he`s a terrible manager but exactly what we need at the moment,he would`nt last a fortnight though, dealing with the idiots behind the scenes

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets.

What was the sloths reaction to this?

• Like 1

Unfortunately they have to be hit where it hurts. Protests don't really hurt them - they are clearly thick skinned - but not renewing season tickets on a major scale has to hit home. Sadly I don't think enough people are willing to take such drastic action 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

The context J*B has given about half time talks is crucial. Having around 10000 people booing you can't be nice, bad enough for the experienced players but understandable how this could knock the youngsters. I'm not saying fans shouldn't boo, they have the right to express themselves, but the comments saying the players aren't focused on improving in the second half - you can't when half of the team have been shaken by the reaction. 

My heart bleeds for them...Being upset about a tiny amount of stick for playing professional football....They should try working a proper shift at a real job for minimum wage (which is what most of them would be doing), then come back and see if they still want to complain.

Although as someone else pointed out, this is being done by Waggott to try and deflect attention so probably best not rising to it as a fan base 

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

strangely i think he`s a terrible manager but exactly what we need at the moment,he would`nt last a fortnight though, dealing with the idiots behind the scenes

He has a decent record as a manager, Ipswich was a disaster but he did really good work with Sunderland. You are right I reckon a week would see Waggot picking up his teeth with broken fingers. Would be hilarious though.

• Like 1

No surprise that the players want to see more fans in the ground. But it’s in their hands to start winning matches and give fans something to cheer about

I’m fed up with the excuses for Tomasson and claims that he doesn’t deserve this. He’s a failing manager who is leading the club towards relegation. His resignation offer should be accepted forthwith 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

snowflakes personified,pay me 6 grand a week and you can throw whatever insults you want at me

• Like 6

1 minute ago, alex l said:

There were a few boos but nothing like you are implying. It was 0-0 at half time so there wasn't too much to get angry about.

I have lost respect for some of those players moaning about something so trivial in the scheme of things.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

I was there - got the phone call last night. Not really sure why me specifically, it wasn’t specifically through BRFCS. But I thought it’s better to be there than not, so I went down.

Basically what Glen has tweeted was how the meeting went. It was an informal chat with the players then Waggott. There’s no minutes. 

The general discussion was the players mentioning the atmosphere at home games and specifically the end of the QPR match and during another match (they couldn’t remember which) where they were boo’d off at half time. They said the senior players spent half time keeping the younger players in the rate state of mind and that’s not the best use of time.

I made it abundantly clear to all the players that any booing is directly at one of Venkys, Pasha and Waggott or JDT. Szmodics especially said “we’re open to criticism, we were shit against Huddersfield and we know it”. 

I also explained to the players that unfortunately this club has had ‘ownership issues’ for 14 years now and whilst the last five years have been relatively stable, until the issues with ownership and senior management are addressed it’s only ever a stubbed toe away from discontent amongst the fan base. 

The players also asked how we could get more fans in the stadium at Ewood. I explained to them the issues with ticket pricing and season ticket pricing — which I described as “abhorrent” — and the horrific deprivation in the local area meaning that fans would love to go but frankly have to pick between eating and heating, meaning there’s little spare money and not enough to be spending on tickets. 

There was further discussions which everyone in the room agreed to not disclose at this point. I gave my word - as did everyone else - so I’ll honour that. 

Was JDT aware this meeting was taking place?

• Like 1