BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Tomasson at a normal club would be very close to his P45 at the moment, a horrendous run of form, stubbornly sticking to his tactics in spite of results and a division worst defensive record and set piece record.

We arent a normal functioning club though, and his inevitable departure is further evidence of that. He is a talented manager who had been hamstrung beyond belief having done very well last season and clearly has wanted out for a while. Any replacement will likely be from beyond the bottom of the barrel and there is an evergrowing possibility of relegation, it doesnt bode well when its clear from a public forum that our players lack the mental strength to deal with adversity.

The McGuire non signing might turn out to relegate us in a way and not because of missing out on any goals. The fuck up has massively increased the toxicity around the shoddy ownership and the idiots they employ, the manager is about to walk and things are stacking up against us.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Makes you wish Hyam could spend 5 minutes in a dressing room with Andy Todd.  

I'm hoping  the new old  lad Mcfazdean or whatever his name is may be a bit more old fashioned in his approach. 

He should be better at defending set plays and organising the defence more than nice guy Dom who's more worried about some nasty criters in the seats.

However in this style of football whether it's JDT or some other coach told to play the same way he'll get his arse handed to him on a plate i'm afraid.

But Dom and the facebook brigade will blame the fans.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I will be pleased if JDT has managed his last game at Rovers. We have only ever been a stepping stone for him - which I would've been fine with, had he been successful here. Facts are, like his football, he has flattered to deceive and we have gone sideways and backwards.

I've struggled to watch his brand of football. It is extremely sterile. It is passionless.  We have zero fight and physicality.  I think we have scored some brilliant goals but have churned out some abject, weak and inept performances.

Please let the next manager have some serious fight about him. Someone who reflects the town - like how Hughes had us. Unfashionable, passionate and hard-working...not fancy-Dan pussy cats.  We are in a perilous position, the off-field farce has been embarassing and disruptive. Let's get someone keep us in this league first and foremost and then channel our energy at getting rid of those not worthy of 'running' our club.

Mike Bassett?

21 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Who's up for the fight in the current squad?

That is what has worried me for weeks.

Too many premier league kids on loan, who will be gone in a couple of months.

Lets hope McFad and Fleck can be fit enough to get on the pitch...but it does look doubtful.

Feels like a repeated pattern of the Coyle season...and.2012!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, philipl said:

No way do you have a meeting with CEO and senior players without the Manager and the Manager not be leaving.

Absolutely no way to run a football club.

In that CCTV footage, the players looked like they were hostages.

My opinion of Steve Waggott is unprintable.

He's a See You Next Tuesday

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Szmodics, Tronstad, JRC, Garrett, McFadzean and Fleck are winners. 

I hope so. We need some.

Sorry, I forgot about JRC - although he is very much off the pace yet and other that Tronstad, the others mentioned haven't or barely featured. I am hopeful though, Garrett has some bite - the others have the experience.

I like Tronstadt though, he gives the ball away in dangerous positions sometimes but his positives outweigh the mistakes and ultimately, he is a solid Championship player.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Let's be honest, the players seen in the meeting would've had no choice in attending. It was clearly a Waggott attempt to deflect attention from the shambles that is BRFC; the players couldn't not go, or not participate once there, and at that point they have a duty to the other players, especially the younger ones, to voice their concerns.

I hope this doesn't turn into a fans v players situation, because it's always ever only been about fans v owners/management, but I fear from the reactions of many on here that that's becoming inevitable, and if so will only end in relegation no matter who replaces JDT.

It's also again at risk of turning fans against fans, again splitting the fanbase so that we seem like a disparate bunch of individuals when we really all need to have one voice, a loud & clear one that is directed at Venkys & their stooges.

Couldn't agree more. 

If you get angry at the players, you're just playing into this guy's hands. It's classic divide and rule stuff. 

It's a shame if that did happen, because at this point I don't think it would take much for the whole without to come tumbling down. I'm not sure if this is his last play, but it's got that kinda smell to it. 

Surely these are the dying days of the Venky cong. How could they possibly continue? It just needs yer man with the wig in the court to tell em to ram it, fat Barry to finally tumble he's on a definite loser and they'll go. Surely it's not feasible to carry on like this. It's just ain't all round and who's benefitting? Just Steve and shadow man

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He should be better at defending set plays and organising the defence more than nice guy Dom who's more worried about some nasty criters in the seats.

However in this style of football whether it's JDT or some other coach told to play the same way he'll get his arse handed to him on a plate i'm afraid.

But Dom and the facebook brigade will blame the fans.

He was better against QPR in that department. But think we're zonal marking? And that's just mental.

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

One thing to make a point of is Suhail isn't in the room.  JDT isnt in the room.  Steve Waggot's bread and butter after stints at Charlton and Coventry is cost cutting and angry fans. 

Yep, unfortunately that history makes him utterly unsuitable to turn the club around but perfect for Venky's to keep the circus going.

• Like 2

Incredible events at Rovers. I thought appointing Steve Kean was the lowest point I have seen but losing Tomasson now looks like it. I think relegation highly likely and club survival is now crucial as they will reach their lowest position in history next year. No one can take away our history though and let's hope the club is still there in 5 and more years

I despise Venkys and Waggott as much as the next guy but I can't really fault the players for commenting on the booing. Yes they make good money and live a certain lifestyle but they are still people trying their best. Some of these players are 20 years old and of course it will rattle them when people are booing them. If we were to help the players during the match what will help them most? Cheering them on or booing them and telling them they are awful? I know what I think. 

All our anger and resentment should be aimed at Venkys.

Edited by DanielMB
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson at a normal club would be very close to his P45 at the moment, a horrendous run of form, stubbornly sticking to his tactics in spite of results and a division worst defensive record and set piece record.

tbf to jdt,at a normal club he`d have had a budget to work with,it`s very sad that we only needed 2/3 quality players in the summer to  have had a right go at getting promoted,jdt was`nt allowed to kick on from a very promising first season

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I despise Venkys and Waggott as much as the next guy but I can't really fault the players for commenting on the booing. Yes they make good money and live a certain lifestyle but they are still people trying their best. Some of these players are 20 years old and of course it will rattle them when people are booing them. If we were to help the players during the match what will help them most? Cheering them on or booing them and telling them they are awful. I know what I think. 

All our anger and resentment should be aimed at Venkys.

It is, and the players know that. As far as I'm aware there were no "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chants in the QPR match, just chants against Waggott and Venky's. It was, as far as I'm aware, extremely obvious where the anger is aimed. 

The players probably felt like they had to say something like this to try and defend themselves - but they simply should not have been in a position where they needed to do so. Not now, at the height of a club crisis, with barely any forewarning. Wrong time, wrong place, and any CEO with an ounce of respect for the players or fans would have known this. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Youd never guess the manager relocated from Scandinavia bringing his family in his 50s, led us to our highest finish in 13 years (?) And our best FA cup run in the same time 

Whoopee.  Multi-millionaire relocates for massively-paid job. 

So with a level-head - he was a bit of a cup run better than Bowyer and Mowbray?  Surrendered a two goal lead in the Quarter Finals, then capitulated in the league from there on in.

Being the Devil's Advocate - he is the 'achiever' of our worst run in ddecades.He is at the helm of the team with our worst goals conceded in years and years...and the only manager (alongside Mowbray) to have a team in the promotion spots for X amount of weeks and fail to get the play-offs.  The atmosphere is stale, our home form is abysmal...

Not great.

Was the meeting held at the ground/training ground?

I am still baffled by the CCTV person leaking this. Whether you agree with them leaking it or not, it's worrying that something like this can happen. If you can't trust those that work for you, who can you trust?! It seems like everyone at the club is untrustworthy!

• Like 1