BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

22 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think with the evidence of 

1. Deliberate relegation from the Premier League. 

2. Meddling in transfers January 22.

3. Deliberately sabotaging the two deals January 23.

It's pretty clear they don't want to be anywhere near the Premier League. 

lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s as good as we could have got as far as I can see. He’s got his hands full with the squad he’s inherited. As I said the other day - too many chiefs and not enough indians in the camp.

I would say chiefs are what we are missing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s as good as we could have got as far as I can see. He’s got his hands full with the squad he’s inherited. As I said the other day - too many chiefs and not enough indians in the camp.

Far too many Indians at this club for me. 

• Like 8

On reflection despite a bizarre openness over the last few months that has seen us leak goals, overall JDT I feel did well with Rovers.  Remember that there'd been the running down of the team for a year or two under TM and a step up in terms of lack of investment (players leaving on frees, Armstrong money not invested). Fans, myself included, were worried that relegation was on the cards when he joined. Add in he didn't get his own backroom team. Not an easy situation to come in to. 

Add in more transfer disasters then the rest of the league put together. Moved goalposts and two sabotaged windows with no incoming fees to spend and he was well and truly up against it. I'm not sure many managers could have coped with the rug being pulled out from beneath them and such adverse conditions. And his standing for me rose with his appropriate criticism of his bosses. 

He wasn't a great manager mind. Sticking with Pears in goal last year is evidence there were some huge blind spots. But he was decent, and that is as good as we are going to get. Perhaps decent enough that without being constantly undermined, he might have achieved something. Shame we will never know.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

GB is alive 

image.png

Puuuuke. Moving on to new opportunities? He was forced out u cnut. They make it seem as if it was some wonderful mutual agreement that jdt was looking for another job. Also the part about making the club big money off Wharton.  Again jdt almost certainly would have kept him and would have been part of a big promotion push if he was backed. The club isn't here to sell on academy products to bang average clubs like crystal Palace.  Then again that's probably the remit now

• Like 4

Interesting comment from Broughton at the end of his message to JDT "I hope we get to work together again in the future" - does that indicate he's the next one out?  However as Eustace is not coming as manager but head coach that is probably not the case.

Anyway, I hope there is a change of results on the pitch, I'd be happy with some solid defensive work as a start.

Ironic that the next two games are against Eustace's former clubs and a reunion for us with Mowbray.   Seems like we are in an alternative universe sometimes ......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As for JDT, sad to see him go, I'll remember him not for the recent bad League results but as someone who tried to instill pride, standards and ambition into the Club. Ultimately to no avail sadly.

Oh and some fantastic Cup results. Wish him all the best for the future.

JDT is the best manger Rovers have had in a long time. He had Rovers a whisker away from a playoff spot last year, cruelly denied by any number of cock ups late in the season (PNE own goal etc.). Instead of him getting reinforcements over the summer Venkys cut him off at the knees. It was only going to end one way after that.

However, 1 win in 11 isn't good. His style of play isn't suited to grinding out points. On current form Rovers need 3 goals to win each game. A bit of pragmatic football over the next 2 months should hopefully keep Rovers safe, then onto the next melodrama over the summer.

I wish him well. He was a known name who surprised me when he arrived and then tried to put his imprint on BRFC. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Can't deny it, the man has class. Thanks Jon.

Certain members of the Ewood hierachy: take note. 

I'm not crying, you are...

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 17.52.39.png

😢

Very telling who’s missing from the thanks…

• Like 6

“I am looking forward to being at Ewood Park tomorrow and meeting the supporters, who can play a big part for us between now and the end of the season.
Well that was certainly not quoted by Eustace, it has purposely been put int by Waggot to deflect any protest tomorrow against him or the Raos. 

• Like 4

A decent bloke there's no doubting that, but there's absolutely no hiding from recent results. I went through various stages with JDT, some of his mind bogling decisions made me really question his sanity, notably round the time of a few Derby games. His memorable cup runs brought some great times though. He probably could have taken us further with the right backing, we'll never know.

I think a change was needed for both parties.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers on a dreadful run, winless in I don't know how many games

Managerless teams often win after a manager departs.

How big an indictment of Tomasson would that be? 

Dead cat bounce?

5 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

The club will be waiting until Eustace is all sorted and they've done some media coverage of their own. They won't want JDT leaving to be the story here.

Exactly right. They know the fans will be in a hostile mood tomorrow and they are calculating that the crowd will be restrained by the introduction of a new manager. "Give him a chance FFS!"

• Like 1