BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

Is it compulsory to compare every decision Tomasson makes to what it's believed Mowbray would have done. 

And if so, when is the finishing date, and also what is the point? 

A) Nope.

B) When we feel like it.

C) What's the point of comparing anyone or anything in football on an internet message board?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CD_93 said:

No f's given by JDT about how good the opposition are, just that we can deal with anything if we play it right.

We spent too much time previously worrying about the opposition instead of letting them worry about us. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

Is it compulsory to compare every decision Tomasson makes to what it's believed Mowbray would have done. 

Think it's human nature to enjoy seeing the benifits of anything new. Similar things occur with a new girlfriend. When you first start going out you see all the positives and compare to your previous experience as you notice all the things absent that used to annoy you. I would dare to postulate that many Rovers fans pay more attention to the teams manager than they do their own partner. It lasts almost the exact amount of time it takes for the new girl to fart on your leg in bed or start picking her nose.

There is an old Navy saying, "The only thing better than USS Last Ship is USS Next Ship'

Edited by rebelmswar
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

In twenty years time people will still be bringing up Bradley Johnson as a false 9, just as they'll be bringing up he got us up from L1.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, booth said:

In twenty years time people will still be bringing up Bradley Johnson as a false 9, just as they'll be bringing up he got us up from L1.

Please tell me it won't be every post, every day, over and over and over and over again for the next 20 years. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

Think it's human nature to enjoy seeing the benifits of anything new. Similar things occur with a new girlfriend. When you first start going out you see all the positives and compare to your previous experience as you notice all the things absent that used to annoy you. I would dare to postulate that many Rovers fans pay more attention to the teams manager than they do their own partner. It lasts almost the exact amount of time it takes for the new girl to fart on your leg in bed or start picking her nose.

There is an old Navy saying, "The only thing better than USS Last Ship is USS Next Ship'

Or any ship HMS

Will be tough game but it is one that we can win and I'm sure JDT will have the players ready for the with a clear game plan and tactical approach that has been work on all week, Interesting that WBA have missed out on signing Villa Striker Davis on loan so that is a massive bonus for us. I would start the same team that played at Swansea and I see no reason to change that team after such a good away win. 

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

There's tinkering, and there's a clear plan. So far every game has seen a clear plan implemented. After about 5 mins of each half, you can work out what we're doing.

Mike, It takes about a minute to 2 minutes to understand what he has change and what he wants. More important the players clearly understand it and its like its been discuss and work on by JDT on the training pitch and in Video analysis room

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan said:

If JDT were a girlfriend I’d be on my way to Whittles 😉😂

Such a girlfriend, I wouldn’t kick her out of bed for farting either! 😂

This is like pulling Rita Ora, after being stuck with Nora Batty for 5 years. 

3B7D4E45-7352-467F-B430-83A7C5D57FF7.thumb.jpeg.ff2292d8a5606a32b3f7f2993efe4f7a.jpeg12CF5F0A-6CD6-47BA-A1FB-009D99540E3C.thumb.jpeg.9628e007090c8aee3f1b2330e8b9f832.jpeg

wtf is that lol?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CD_93 said:

No f's given by JDT about how good the opposition are, just that we can deal with anything if we play it right.

To compare:

August 2021
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19527935.blackburn-rovers-boss-tony-mowbray-west-bromwich-albion-clash/

“It’s a very difficult team to play against, as Sheffield United - another team who came down from the Premier League - found in midweek. We’re looking forward to the challenge of it, but we understand it’s a big challenge.”

February 2022
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tony-mowbray-sends-warning-to-his-blackburn-team-ahead-of-west-brom-clash/

“I’ve felt that in the Forest game recently, the two strikers, you could feel their potency. I thought we were on top in the game, and yet every time the ball got transitioned to their strikers you could feel their threat. I think West Brom have players like that.”

• Like 1

Do they still have all their big lads? We played them a couple of years (?) ago and it looked like there wasn’t a player in their side under 6 ft 4 and 15 stone. Their central midfielder scored a belting volley from about 25 yards. They where miles better than us then.