BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

2 hours ago, Giant said:

Just wondering if Ewood area is affected by the major water burst going on in Oakdale estate behind the Fernhurst. No water or poor pressure since 10am on Saturday in Livesey, Feniscowles, Tockholes etc. Some pubs shut yesterday. Still not sorted. Will Ewood Park be able to open if water supply is affected?

I’m on Nuttall street our water so far is ok 

• Like 1

If Wharton doesn’t make it then JDT will have to factor in West Brom’s primary tactic which is to get the ball to Jed Wallace and for him to whip in countless crosses. In this instance it would probably be better to pick Phillips over Pickering at CB. Ayala will guide him through the game. Not ideal but I saw enough of Phillips on Wednesday to make think he won’t be a fish out of water. 

• Like 3

Wharton would be a big miss in this side. His composure under pressure, and complementary skill set alongside Ayala is one of the foundations of our recent success, and was a feature in last year's run, I seem to remember.

It's a test of our mettle, to be sure, and a big test for the JDT approach. Hopefully he will be alright, and if not, Phillips can slot straight in to the side and show us what he's got 😉

Edited by Guest
I'm fat, I'm round, I roll around the ground, Big Baddie, Big Daddy!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok thanks for updates guys. 

how close do you live to Ewood Park guys

Winning games, playing good football and new head coach who speaks positive and upbeat about Rovers

First house directly across from rovers shop so would say quite near😂

• Like 2

Phil Jones had a cracking debut against a top Chelsea team, little bit older than Phillips at the time but still goes to show a youngster can thrive in that situation. I say give Phillips the chance to prove himself. Could add a couple of million to his price tag if he excels 

• Like 7

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Time for Ash Phillips to show us what all the fuss is about it seems... we'll be right behind you lad, do us all proud. And search youtube for Phil Jones v Drogba for invaluable lessons on how to handle yourself as a youth in a man's game. 👍

And that was despite Drogba scoring a very early goal as well, which could have really put the lad off his game that day. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Phil Jones had a cracking debut against a top Chelsea team, little bit older than Phillips at the time but still goes to show a youngster can thrive in that situation. I say give Phillips the chance to prove himself. Could add a couple of million to his price tag if he excels 

I think Phil was still only 18 at the time although I would say he had a more developed physique to hand out the rough stuff.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Remember back in the days when if you where short of a cb you'd just stick your big lump of a centre forward/target man back there 😍 (and visaversa)

Usually worked a treat as well for the odd game

Step forward big Sam Gallagher 😬😁

Aye, Chris Sutton started out as a centre back, and things worked out well for that lad! There is definitely something in the hunter turned gamekeeper notion, as forwards know all kinds of nasty tricks to pull on defenders, and so can avoid many of these if press ganged into a central defending role.  Anyway, as others have said much more eloquently than me, perhaps it is time for young mr Philips to write his name in lights 🙂

COYB!

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

If Phillips does play, which I’m sure the vast majority on here would rather happen than Pickering being played there, would he play on the left or the right? Does anyone who’s watched the youth teams know if Phillips has played on the left before?

Favors the right side, when I have seen him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I think Phil was still only 18 at the time although I would say he had a more developed physique to hand out the rough stuff.

Was't it a cup game against West Brom when he made 2 crushing tackles on about the halfway line and got the crowd on its feet?

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

Those 5 seconds changed the game. 

Causes Drogba to lose the ball CRUNCH into Anelka CRUNCH into Lampard. Remember it vividly, wonderful debut.

Best Rovers debut since Emerton and Amoruso Vs Wolves (5-1).

• Like 6

I’m over from Ireland visiting my Dad n of course joining him for today’s game.

I think today will be a real test n will be happy to be flying home this evening with at least a draw. If we get a win I think it will really set down a statement of this season’s intentions. 

I think it’s easy to over look West Brom’s start but they have draw 2 difficult fixtures in Middlesbrough and Watford and beaten Sheffield Utd in the cup so they are clearly not going to be an easy team to beat.

I think the conditions will favour our style of play, just need to go hard at them and see if we can open them up

COYB 💙🤍

Edited by JonnyP
  • Like 5