BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Then said no......

If we are skint, which we are, we are skint and teams will only allow deals at the back end of the window when those ducks are all in a row. 

Its the same every year for clubs with no money feeding off scraps. 

If we are skint they should be straight and not tell us we have a healthy transfer budget.

And they shouldn't be losing decent money on the likes of Rothwell, Lenihan and Brereton.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, booth said:

If we are skint they should be straight and not tell us we have a healthy transfer budget.

And they shouldn't be losing decent money on the likes of Rothwell, Lenihan and Brereton.

It's almost like they don't care.

Sell players and fans demand money spent and team improved.  Then if they do that fans expect a real promotion challenge.

Otherwise don't sell, can't spend much, don't expect anything other than project talk and hide behind the skint excuse because we don't get big crowds etc.

= blame the fans.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 7

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

Then said no......

If we are skint, which we are, we are skint and teams will only allow deals at the back end of the window when those ducks are all in a row. 

Its the same every year for clubs with no money feeding off scraps. 

I know things have changed from the old days Gav, 

The point I was trying to make is that we seem to be trying to set up some kind of complicated system to adapt with the modern ways of  scouting players, - along with long term plans to somehow finish up with a promotion team but I don’t think this current lot have a clue as to what’s really needed.

We had just as much chance all those years ago when everything Transfer wise was left to a manager who knew English lower league inside out and a chairman who knew the club inside out.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's almost like they don't care.

Sell players and fans demand money spent and team improved.  Then if they do that fans expect a real promotion challenge.

Otherwise don't sell, can't spend much, don't expect anything other than project talk and hide behind the skint excuse because we don't get big crowds etc.

= blame the fans.

These tinfoil hat theories baffle me.

Why put up with all the hassle? Just sell the club if you don't care - or I guess liquidate it if you're that way inclined.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, den said:

I know things have changed from the old days Gav, 

The point I was trying to make is that we seem to be trying to set up some kind of complicated system to adapt with the modern ways of  scouting players, - along with long term plans to somehow finish up with a promotion team but I don’t think this current lot have a clue as to what’s really needed.

We had just as much chance all those years ago when everything Transfer wise was left to a manager who knew English lower league inside out and a chairman who knew the club inside out.

Everything has been delegated or parcelled out so everyone can blame everyone else when magic doesn’t happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Looks like he’s out of contract in summer so could be possible for pre contract. 

Not keen on sources from football league world so could be rubbish. If he’s pace & has an attacking threat then worth bribing in. Even though Pickering has been steady this season, we need someone with pace in that position.

Get the pre contract signed and then see if we can offload edun and if there's money in the bank at the end of the window offer them a low fee to move the transfer forward and see what happens.

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why put up with all the hassle? Just sell the club if you don't care - or I guess liquidate it if you're that way inclined.

What's tinfoil about pointing out what is actually happening ?

Why do people throw out that stupid line when there is no foundation for it, if you can't debate it don't comment.

Tell us where you see they are actually bothered about anything other than running it as it is and losing 15 million in loose change per year from their billion dollar empire.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, den said:

I think the biggest change is how the Premiership hoover up talent at youth level and from the lower leagues. Anyone decent not picked up by Premiership sides is invariably picked up by relegated teams with parachute payments.

You could probably add the Bosman impact - previously it wasn't as much of a worry if a players contract was up - as the club held his registration. None of these pre contract agreements back then.

I always remember the season we sold Jim Arnold - and bought Terry Gennoe, Ian Miller and Norman Bell (if my memory is correct). I am sure, even then we had two transfer lists depending on whether Everton stumped up the cash for Arnold (excellent keeper btw).

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Everything has been delegated or parcelled out so everyone can blame everyone else when magic doesn’t happen. 

Spot on John.

Edited by Gav

The lack of patience is baffling. We haven't missed out anyone who would massively improve. Also we don't have a clue to be honest what is actually going on behind the scenes in terms of signings. All guesswork and rumours out there. 

I'm sure that we will bring in players who will improve our squad by 1st the Feb

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

No wind up.  Simply factual.

Some have mentioned different staff same outcome, some have mentioned budgetary constraints.

Two points:

• Firstly, hire staff who can do the feckin job. 
  • Secondly, Broughton knows the budget so he should either fish in the right feckin ponds or wheel and deal. 

I think indecision and lack of nous and judgement are holding us back.

Other clubs with budgetary constraints manage to make signings so why the feck can't we!?  There are simply no excuses.

what indecision is going on then at Rovers? please explain? 

who have we missed out on?

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

I understand Broughton has been meeting both targets and their representatives.  If they choose to go elsewhere then he aint doing a feckin good selling job!  Bottom line, he's not closing the deal!

So let's the players and the agent decide where they want to go. Have you watched the Sky Documentary series on the transfer window and behind the scenes? 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The lack of patience is baffling. We haven't missed out anyone who would massively improve. Also we don't have a clue to be honest what is actually going on behind the scenes in terms of signings. All guesswork and rumours out there. 

I'm sure that we will bring in players who will improve our squad by 1st the Feb

what indecision is going on then at Rovers? please explain? 

who have we missed out on?

So let's the players and the agent decide where they want to go. Have you watched the Sky Documentary series on the transfer window and behind the scenes? 

I thought you wanted Cantwell?

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bit odd that we’re going after players who wouldn’t massively improve us then?

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

If Cantwell’s level of ambition is playing in Scotland, I’d suggest we dodged a bullet there.

Clearly didn’t fancy any level of challenge.

Or £30k a week, European football, a medal or two and playing in front of 50,000 every other week Andy.

I know which I’d choose.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The evidence points to it being more than tin foil hat theories. Indeed, as you say if they weren't bothered (about something) they would have got rid of the club. 

The only thing that makes sense is they want to avoid scrutiny that would come with a sale, liquidation or even the premier League spotlight (though it did bugger all for us before) and see us plod along at this level.

Anything else doesn't make sense. Unbothered they would have sold, bothered they'd have done something else by now. Even error rather than design would have seen the latter. 

So I don't think it's a conspiracy whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Even the keenest Rovers' fans, and you are probably one of them, should feel able to stand back and make objective judgements - the club and it's employees are not beyond criticism.

I think (and I daresay there are many others who think the same) the club's management operation is shambolic and I say that from knowledge and experience accumulated across industry, commerce, sport etc over a number of decades.  It deeply pains me what has happened to our club since 2010 and never, ever in some 60 years or so as a Rovers' supporter have I seen such a disconnect with the fan base.  To lose some 12,000 season ticket holders in some 10 years or so is absolutely scandalous and inexcusable.  Many, many previous 'diehards' have been lost and I fear they will never return.  

It’s a zombie club. I wish it wasn’t the case but unfortunately it is.

15 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The evidence points to it being more than tin foil hat theories. Indeed, as you say if they weren't bothered (about something) they would have got rid of the club. 

The only thing that makes sense is they want to avoid scrutiny that would come with a sale, liquidation or even the premier League spotlight (though it did bugger all for us before) and see us plod along at this level.

Anything else doesn't make sense. Unbothered they would have sold, bothered they'd have done something else by now. Even error rather than design would have seen the latter. 

So I don't think it's a conspiracy whatsoever. 

In the absence of anything remotely interesting happening on the transfer front, i have been dumpster diving on the theory of the tin foil hat for those waiting for page 200 to reveal our latest signings. 

“While the underlying concept is good, the typical foil helmet fails in design and execution. An effective Faraday cage fully encloses whatever it's shielding, but a helmet that doesn't fully cover the head doesn't fully protect it. If the helmet is designed or worn with a loose fit, radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation can still get up underneath the brim from below and reveal your innermost thoughts to the reptilian humanoids or the Bilderberg Group.”

Credit: The Atlantic

• Like 1