BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Missing out on this lad is one thing, but this side is miles away from being contenders for promotion, which makes him coming in pretty irrelevant for me.

Atleast most people can blame this on the reason why we didn't get promoted this year. Squad in a whole isn't good enough, some big gaps all over that isn't good enough

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Blackburn’s on-off move for Lewis O’Brien move is in the balance … and here is the breakdown of the drama.

Deadline day starts with Rovers following up a previous inquiry for the Nottingham Forest midfielder.

Rovers are happy to pay his wages in full on loan for the rest of the season and wait on the player to decide.

West Brom coach Carlos Corberan wants his old Huddersfield player to join his squad but the club is yet to commit.

Sheffield United are desperate for O’Brien and the player is keen on them. However Blades are under a transfer embargo and need to sell Sander Berge.

The Norwegian is waiting on Newcastle, who do not seem keen come the crunch. Alternative choices are headed by Brighton but they pull the plug in Moises Caicedo leaving and do not come in.

By this point Blackburn have kicked on and say they will take O’Brien and agree to the Forest demand that they sign him for £10 million.

This part of the deal hinges on Rovers being promoted and they are happy to do that. Baggies do not want to sign up for that plan.

At 3pm on deadline day O’Brien gives the green light to Blackburn and heads to Manchester for a medical.

There are no snags and his agents are at Blackburn to sort out terms on the potential full time move at the end of it.

O’Brien’s advisors and Blackburn discuss what the wages and length of contract will be in the deal should they go up.

Those figures are disclosed and Blackburn are not out off, but no contract for that eventuality is signed.

Paperwork is done and sent over for the loan but the timing is delayed by those discussions over the future of the player AFTER the end of the season.

There are no problems again and Forest say they are happy for the deal to go ahead on the basis agreed between the clubs.

In the frantic final minutes O’Brien, who did his interview with the club press, was interrupted just before the deadline to sign the form.

But then it is discovered that ONE signed form that was needed for the deal to proceed was not sent off after it was signed before 11pm.

Now the EFL are looking into the details and the explanations of the case - among several others that are also borderline decisions.

If this doesn’t go through, heads should roll. 

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Missing out on this lad is one thing, but this side is miles away from being contenders for promotion, which makes him coming in pretty irrelevant for me.

I agree on the promotion aspect Gav but I think he would have massively improved us and made us better to watch. I saw him several times last season and thought he was the best player in the Championship. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It wouldn’t be a consolation but if that’s the reason for the O’Brien deal falling apart, why hasn’t the Rochdale player gone through?

It probably has, but they would no doubt feel stupid announcing that as our marquee deadline day signing.

I think people are missing the big issue. I actually don’t think the o’brien transfer is shambolic from the club as people are making out. He basically didn’t want to come here until there was no better option and then we had to negotiate a contract for a potential prem signing. 
The big issue is that we are waiting on this one, what now seems very unlikely signing, to see if the window was very bad or just bad! We should have had our business done and then on deadline day if a player like o’brien becomes available you add him as a Hail Mary for the promotion push! 
Obviously I am asking too much of a supposedly professional outfit! I can’t see the transfer going through now I’ve never known a transfer go through this late but let’s be honest even if it did our one major glaring weakness of a goal scorer was not addressed

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, den said:

Can’t see how it can go through if the correct forms aren’t sent through before the deadline. Hope it does though.

It sounds like one document wasnt signed but everything else was agreed and submitted. Surely they will allow it.

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just another pointless short term loan. Back to square one next season. What long term building? Long term bullshitting more like 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Disagree, LOB is stupidly good. Will be our best player by a mile.

10 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Really? 

It sounds utterly incompetent.

Well its better than not offering him terms on the Mandatory part of the contract.

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just another pointless short term loan. Back to square one next season. What long term building? Long term bullshitting more like 

It wouldn't be pointless if brought in alongside a decent striker. As it is, seems pointless if there's still two donkeys in front of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Forest didn’t win an appeal when they missed the deadline by 10 seconds. Unless there are uniquely exceptional circumstances, it’s over. 

It wouldn’t be a consolation but if that’s the reason for the O’Brien deal falling apart, why hasn’t the Rochdale player gone through?

Really? I always remember thinking the deadline was a bit of a farce because they would always say clubs had been given additional time to get the paper work though...did I completely imagine that?

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

It sounds like one document wasnt signed but everything else was agreed and submitted. Surely they will allow it.

Think it depends just how significant that one document was.

Wouldn't like to call it - think odds are it wont happen as could set a dangerous precedent.

Think @Galgaterover10makes a good point, O'Brien had run out of options - maybe to say we were the club of last resort is a tad unfair but.............

I know it's possibly easier said than done but to be at this stage at the 11th hour isn't great - other clubs managed to make signings well before the 31st. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because its the truth

It’s not though is it….every team in the championship top and bottom sign players on loan, short term hoping to get promoted. There’s plenty of sticks to beat the club with and rightly so..but using the “signing a top rated championship player on loan is pointless” stick is way off 

• Like 4