BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What about when the BBE threw bananas at Alex Williams ?

Ok, I didn't phrase it well - it has existed in the form of the odd idiot here and there.

But BRFC is not a club you identify as racist, or is known for being systematically racist.

I remember those bogus claims by Anderson, who was coincidentally linked with this Ali idiot.

• Like 3

Quite enjoyed the game and some decent individual performances.

The big difference was that Birmingham seemed to have a much stronger bench, bringing on Hogan, Hannibal, Chang and James who made all the difference in the last 15 minutes. On the other hand, we took off Buckley who was having a decent game, brought on Vale for Gallagher and Szmodics for Dack. 

Another point to note was that their manager and coaching staff were far more vociferous and directive towards their players than ours, with JDT just stood there on the edge of his technical area.Their manager even had a walkie talkie presumably communicating with someone in the stand. Good to see a different approach from a manager instead of just watching the game

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

did`nt do much,faded and was hooked,looks a bit short on confidence tbh

He did fade but thought he looked in better physical condition. Also played more head up and aware he had team mates onfield. I would say he played ok. Took his gift and didn't over celebrate, so credit for that.

• Like 2

Didn't understand why we didn't go 5 at the back. We did it against Huddersfield after just over an hour (which I think was the wrong decision) but also a few other times previous to that and nullified the opposition. When Birmingham brought Scott Hogan on it became much more physical and an extra body in there would have helped see the game out.

Positives - JRC, Dack and Dolan.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Giving what?

Sorry mate, my phone doesn't seem to get on with the website at the moment. About 5 rows in front of me and my mate, 'a fan' was giving Etheridge a load of stick & giving him a few gestures. From where I was I couldn't hear what he was saying, but Etheridge seemed to take exception to it and ran up to the ref to let him know. Through gestures the ref seemed to suggest 'let me know who it is and I'll sort it out' and Etheridge refused to point the guy out. 

Before the end of the game, the stewards seemed to have worked out who the 'fan' was and questioned him after the game.

Absolutely pathetic behaviour and just drags us down as a fanbase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Sorry mate, my phone doesn't seem to get on with the website at the moment. About 5 rows in front of me and my mate, 'a fan' was giving Etheridge a load of stick & giving him a few gestures. From where I was I couldn't hear what he was saying, but Etheridge seemed to take exception to it and ran up to the ref to let him know. Through gestures the ref seemed to suggest 'let me know who it is and I'll sort it out' and Etheridge refused to point the guy out. 

Before the end of the game, the stewards seemed to have worked out who the 'fan' was and questioned him after the game.

Absolutely pathetic behaviour and just drags us down as a fanbase.

Are these the same stewards that didn't even flinch when the pitch invader ran onto the pitch from the Jack Walker Stand, ran the width of the pitch and then escaped down the side of the Blackburn End?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andy said:

Ok, I didn't phrase it well - it has existed in the form of the odd idiot here and there.

But BRFC is not a club you identify as racist, or is known for being systematically racist.

I remember those bogus claims by Anderson, who was coincidentally linked with this Ali idiot.

Ali has been called out on this several times on Twitter. To actually state that the club is racist, due to the idiotic person or persons that did this, is disgraceful. If the club condoned it, or took no action, fair enough, but it was as though he couldn’t wait to get that Tweet out.

Once the appropriate action has been taken by the club, I for one, will go back on there and ask for an apology, but won’t hold my breath.

The club may be many things, but it is certainly not racist. 

• Like 2

A better performance then usual, including a couple of decent passages of play where we even successfully passed the ball in and around the opposition penalty box.

On the whole though, it was all still fairly tedious fare, lacking in excitement for the large part. 'Sideways, sideways, forwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, goalie, forwards, lose possession' remains the game plan. From the moment they equalised, it was only going one way.

We're crying out for someone to control the middle of the park, to move the ball forward quicker, and to inject some pace. The times we played the ball longer in behind their defence was when we looked dangerous, only for Brereton to - again and again - fluff his lines. 

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wheelton Blue said:

A better performance then usual, including a couple of decent passages of play where we even successfully passed the ball in and around the opposition penalty half.

On the whole though, it was all still fairly tedious fare, lacking in excitement for the large part. 'Sideways, sideways, forwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, goalie, forwards, lose possession' remains the game plan. From the moment they equalised, it was only going one way.

We're crying out for someone to control the middle of the park, to move the ball forward quicker, and to inject some pace. The times we played the ball longer in behind their defence was when we looked dangerous, only for Brereton to - again and again - fluff his lines. 

At least Sobra T will bring something to the table, but agreed, we need something new in the centre. I like Buckley so he’s okay for now but we need someone next to him. I’d ship Morton back to Liverpool now…he alone has cost us so many goals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

At least Sobra T will bring something to the table, but agreed, we need something new in the centre. I like Buckley so he’s okay for now but we need someone next to him. I’d ship Morton back to Liverpool now…he alone has cost us so many goals.

Is that the fizzy ice cream ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

When did TM ever need to do shoulder that? He had a free pass at Ewood from the fans for five years.

Not on here he didn't and in general it got to a point years ago where people tolerated Mowbray rather than actually backed him.

My original point being though that JDT is open to the same scrutiny and questioning as Mowbray or any other manager despite some always liking to just blame the players. Or the new one 'we just aren't good enough', good enough for what ?  Not good enough to see out a home game v Brum or not get whalloped for 4 at Rotherham ?

Bollocks.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not on here he didn't and in general it got to a point years ago where people tolerated Mowbray rather than actually backed him.

It’s at the ground(s) that count and he had the easiest of rides from Rovers fans throughout.

Now that might be because he was just being ‘tolerated’ over being particularly rated, but the result was the same, the most Teflon manager I’ve ever come across here or elsewhere - JDT certainly won’t (and already isn’t) get the same courtesy.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1