BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No but coaches were subsidised and people who cannot attend every away game are always likely to cherry pick games they would prefer to go to, that doesn't need to be spun into outrage. I presume you have attended every away game this season which is fine, fair play if so.

Sadly you arent on your own with such rubbish. Twitter is full of people spouting similar drivel, often teenagers living with their parents with minimal outgoings on cheaper tickets and with no responsibilities.

Do I deserve a play off chasing team in your eyes? I was in Sheffield, the only other away games that I have done this season were the local ones, Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan. I have a season ticket but I took one look at the trains for Birmingham and decided against it. I will probably do 2 more away games including Preston but would struggle to afford any more, even they are a push at the moment.

I'm not outraged, just think the team deserves a good turn out. 1,900 isn't a tall order under the circumstances & as you say I'm not the only one who thinks it (I'm 38 btw with plenty of outgoings 😉).

If we were talking Sheffield numbers then yes that would be unrealistic (or "rubbish"), but less than 2k? Come on!

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e going to hire a transit van and get 10 people in the back with 2 in the front ,should save on money and be like the good old days,if everyone brings six cans of stella it will be a greattt day,don`t forget to bring the playing cards as well,3 card brag for when we get stuck in traffic😀

Intack Hire 😂

• Like 1

I doubt the team will be mortified if there is 1600 there instead of 1900 and it won't make a difference to the performance one jot.

I'm sure they are grateful for the levels of away support they always get, they should be.

4 hours ago, Hasta said:

Presuming that you leave from Blackburn lock you would be better coming off at Bordesley on the Digbeth Branch Canal for St Andrews.

If you have a maximum speed of 5mph, and optimistically presuming every lock will take you 5 minutes, it takes you almost 39h to do the 147.5miles.

However your mpg will be through the roof !!

0m 0h 0m  Start from Leeds and Liverpool canal at 'Blackburn Lk (54)'
20.1m 6h 41m  After 20.4 Miles and 34 locks , turn at the junction at 'Junct. Leigh Br.' onto Leigh Br (Bridgewater)
36.5m 10h 8m  After 16.4 Miles and 2 locks , turn at the junction at 'Water Meeting J. B'water' onto Bridgewater canal
56.5m 14h 8m  After 20 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Preston Brook J. T & M' onto Trent and Mersey canal
122.1m 32h 10m  After 65.6 Miles and 59 locks , turn at the junction at 'Fradley J. Coventry' onto Coventry canal
132.9m 34h 20m  After 10.8 Miles, turn at the junction at 'Fazeley J. B & F' onto Bham and Fazeley canal
144.5m 37h 49m  After 11.6 Miles and 14 locks , turn at the junction at 'Salford J. Saltley' onto Saltley Br (BCN)
147.5m 38h 50m  After 3 Miles and 5 locks , arrive at 'Bordesley J. Saltley' on Digbeth Br (G U)

I think Tyrone needs a route from Rochdale. Take the Rochdale canal down into Manchester to pick up the Bridgewater canal and proceeds as above.

I would take the Shropshire Union, as it’s a bit quicker - hang a right in Middlewich and left at Barbridge. Then down the BCN into Wolverhampton and then into Birmingham. Where Wolves at home on Friday night you could pop in there on your way.

I’ve taken our canal boat to a few Rovers games, a couple at home and once to the FA Cup semi-final with Chelsea at Old Trafford. I’ve also gone to the cricket T20 finals day at Edgbaston by boat.

Fuel consumption’s rubbish though - about 1.5 litres of diesel per hour.

PS You can’t take a barge into Birmingham, you need a narrowboat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ben-2000 said:

I'm not outraged, just think the team deserves a good turn out. 1,900 isn't a tall order under the circumstances & as you say I'm not the only one who thinks it (I'm 38 btw with plenty of outgoings 😉).

If we were talking Sheffield numbers then yes that would be unrealistic (or "rubbish"), but less than 2k? Come on!

The team will get a good turn out again with already over 1k sold. It isn' that the team doesn't deserve it if we don't sell out.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

I seriously considered trying to moderate this chaos but sometimes you just need to let chaos be chaos. 

Haha.. I'll try..

Back to the game! Predicted line ups anyone? 

Pears or kaminski?

Edited by Neilbristol
Typo

Why should we be suddenly taking 2k to every away game? We aren’t charging to automatic promotion. Normally we’d expect to be taking c1k to Saturday aways in the midlands, we’ll have more than that.

We’ve just had 1,600 at Stoke on a Sky Friday night, 6k at Sheff Utd, we’ll have 2,500 at Hudds, 5k+ at PNE. So anything around 1,500 at Birmingham in these straitened times with £50 trains is plenty.

Nowt to see here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Haha.. I'll try..

Pears or kaminski?

Pears if I was choosing

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why should we be suddenly taking 2k to every away game? We aren’t charging to automatic promotion. Normally we’d expect to be taking c1k to Saturday aways in the midlands, we’ll have more than that.

We’ve just had 1,600 at Stoke on a Sky Friday night, 6k at Sheff Utd, we’ll have 2,500 at Hudds, 5k+ at PNE. So anything around 1,500 at Birmingham with £50 trains is plenty.

Nowt to see here.

Agreed, I'm hoping to get to both Hudders and Preston. I'll be going to 7 games in April altogether, so decided to give Birmingham a miss,shoot me. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve just had 1,600 at Stoke on a Sky Friday night, 6k at Sheff Utd, we’ll have 2,500 at Hudds, 5k+ at PNE. So anything around 1,500 at Birmingham in these straitened times with £50 trains is plenty.

Nowt to see here.

I think some get triggered by the noise from other fans on social media particularly the six fingered or that lot between here and Blackpool variety. 

Thing is you can't win anyway even if we sold the allocation they say oh you didn't take the extra because you knew you wouldn't sell them. Sell 1,850 and it's ha look at those empty seats you can't sell out when you're top 6 etc.  Yet get into any real debate with them and once you've scratched the surface it's very easy to dig bundles of stuff on their followings to prove it's all swings and roundabouts we're all very similar.

Anyway, tough game this we need to be at it and avoid at all costs another Rotherham or Stoke feeble effort.  All cup quarter finals now and ALL must win games.

Brum  2    Rovers    2

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

Haha.. I'll try..

Pears or kaminski?

Pears for me

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Morton

Thomas Szmodics BBD

Gallagher 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I seriously considered trying to moderate this chaos but sometimes you just need to let chaos be chaos. 

This has been the most informative match thread for a long time.

One for the archives.

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e going to hire a transit van and get 10 people in the back with 2 in the front ,should save on money and be like the good old days,if everyone brings six cans of stella it will be a greattt day,don`t forget to bring the playing cards as well,3 card brag for when we get stuck in traffic😀

Can we put our bikes in the back during the game? Have you got room for Tyrone's canoe as well?

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pears for me

Pears

Travis Morton

Thomas Szmodics BBD

Gallagher 

Ditto this!

However, BBD hobbled off holding his leg around the 50th last night - anyone know the extent of his knock?

Praying it's nothing serious, he'd just about found his feet again!

Bloody international friendlies at this stage in the season 🙄

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

BBD was taken off injured after 50 mins last night but early reports suggest its just a knock. But with that in mind I would guess that the Chilean hitman may well sit this one out or at least start on the bench.

Pears

Travis Morton

Thomas Szmodics Dolan

Gallagher 

• Like 3