BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

Just now, roverandout said:

I'd take Mark Robbins In the summer and fuvk jdt off

And why exactly would he leave a Coventry team who are likely play-off bound for a team with no mental fortitude and no money to change that?

• Like 1

Hedges had a great half apart from he's shit at shots.

A lot of credit to many of the players.

JDT is tactically challenged and screwed us and not for the first time.

Preston looked like world beaters for the final minutes and that was due to Laurel and Hardy on our bench. Pricks. 

JDT needs to call Gareth for advice on how to beat the Dingles as he will not have a friggin clue himself.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

All on JDT

JDT scores that 1-on-1. He probably also doesn't fall on his arse and allow a free cross into the box.

All on him though, right?

I don't know how people can watch these same shit players make the same basic errors and blame the manager. He HAS to use them because there's nobody else (and sadly the starting XI aren't cyborgs and occasionally get injured / need a rest). 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The most Rovers thing ever would be to win on Tuesday.  Then lose against Luton. 

Fully expect this to happen.

Not sure my ticker could cope with the final game at Millwall though…

Just now, DanielMB said:

I cant help but smile at the people blaming JDT. Hedges couldnt keep his cool, Wharton slipped and Hyam deflected it.  1 poor choice and 2 unlucky situations. 

It’s just heat of the moment. I don’t think we deserved to win, but we have to kill the game. Hedges should hang his head in shame, should have taken it to the corner flag!

• Like 2

• Backroom

In my view Hyam has been a fantastic signing for us regardless of what has happened recently. He shoulders no blame for what's happening. It's all down to our shocking ability going forward and inability of our recruitment team to do the basics in the January transfer window.

• Like 6

We didn't deserve that. Preston didn't deserve that. There's always a slice of luck in football and luck has deserted us recently.

But if you want the clearest example of you make your own luck, that football can ever offer, step forward Ryan Hedges.

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Seems this mental strenght things come back to hunt us every season....the only positive is that we still have it in our hands....

We’ve been saying that throughout this poor run. We are now (finally) out of the top 6, and I would be pleasantly surprised if we get back in between now and the end of the season.

7 points from a possible 24.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT scores that 1-on-1. He probably also doesn't fall on his arse and allow a free cross into the box.

All on him though, right?

I don't know how people can watch these same shit players make the same basic errors and blame the manager. He HAS to use them because there's nobody else (and sadly the starting XI aren't cyborgs and occasionally get injured / need a rest). 

Probably because it's the manager's job to coach them on how to reduce the errors as they mature, or to manage the game in a way that limits the opportunity to make the errors in the first place. JDT is consistently doing the opposite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broadsword said:

And if we went up, we'd get absolutely tramelled every week.

Not that we're going up, and we won't be doing so at least until the chicken ticklers are gone.

We are not good enough and further more , we have showed no ambition to go up in 11 years or whatever it is ...

• Like 3

Soon as we added numbers to the back I fucking knew. Fan of JDT but fuck me please learn from previous! Another 2 big points dropped tonight. Going to put myself through the torture on Tuesday, who knows.. 

Edited by Tony Rover
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Reluctant to criticise Hedges as he changed the game massively but yeah you need to fucking smash that, force a save or a least a goal kick. Killer. 

Wharton all over the shop. JDT has a habit of bringin on defenders who struggle to adjust to the intensity of the game to try see it out when it's clearly backfired multiple times. He's a fucking clown. Won't make a change when we do need it and won't stop making them when we don't need them.

Why didn't Hedges take it to the corner flag if he wasn't keen to take the keeper on. Waste some time, try and win a corner.

And I'm not sure what Wharton was doing. He looked like a good player last season but he's completely gone to pot.

JDT frustrated me today with the line up but I blame the players, their attitude changed as soon as we scored not after the subs.  You'd think with losing 2 points to Coventry mid week we would have made sure we did everything to keep it in their half. Brereton dribbling with the ball earlier then losing it when we had players committed. Absolute lunacy at that stage in the game.

At the end of the day we needed better players and the club clearly didn't want play offs this season, because it's ran backwards.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Gutted but we played brilliantly.

Still all to play for.

Really?

We were abysmal first half.

A game lasts 90 minutes plus stoppage!

Always optimistic where Rovers concerned but seriously, our season is over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

We’ve been saying that throughout this poor run. We are now (finally) out of the top 6, and I would be pleasantly surprised if we get back in between now and the end of the season.

7 points from a possible 24.

Yes thats a poor run... having Buckley and Dack fit would had helped us.