BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston (a) - 22/4/23 - 17:30 k/o

Just now, RTM08 said:

Probably because it's the manager's job to coach them on how to reduce the errors as they mature, or to manage the game in a way that limits the opportunity to make the errors in the first place. JDT is consistently doing the opposite.

Matt Derbyshire did something similar against Man City years ago...Not sure he kick a ball again for Rovers  ...

• Like 3

This isn’t on the manager. 

By going 5 at the back, it’s not an instruction to sit back and invite pressure. Yet that’s what the players do.

If we made no change and Preston score, we’d be frustrated for not making defensive changes.

Hedges has to run that time out. Go to the corner, put his foot through it. Row Z. Anything bar what he did. 

Playoffs a big ask now.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

We can blame him for What JDT did, stick your cock in a blender once and I have a little sympathy for you, do it twice and I have to assume you dont want a cock!

In my abject misery, my only solace is the masterful use of words  on this forum. Just moved the blender out of the kitchen. 

• Like 4

I hate criticising JDT, but Wharton really struggles adapting to the pace of the game.

He shouldn't have brought him on.

Hedges should really look at his character tonight. It wasn't the time for a cheeky attempt on goal. If he'd skied it over then fair enough but that was absolutely stupid.

That said, he was the difference maker when he came in. Brereton was poor, dreadful in helping us keep the lead.

Football is a cruel game.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That nobbers number 4 is a fantastic midfielder 

Your mate had a good game tbf, was a pain for us. I kinda wish we'd bought him just so he hadn't got in the way today, as we really needed this.

• Like 1

Just now, Underground, Roverground said:

This isn’t on the manager. 

By going 5 at the back, it’s not an instruction to sit back and invite pressure. Yet that’s what the players do.

If we made no change and Preston score, we’d be frustrated for not making defensive changes.

Hedges has to run that time out. Go to the corner, put his foot through it. Row Z. Anything bar what he did. 

Playoffs a big ask now.

We were inviting pressure before the changes. Been doing it for years. We need that mentality kicking out of the club.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, neophox said:

QPR did win at deepdale....some Burnley players already on the beach...

Burnley won't be 'on the beach' when they play us. They'll know how important it is to smash us and ruin what's left of our playoff hopes. Not to mention winning the Championship title at Ewood. Literally the worst outcome possible. The season is going to end as an absolute nightmare.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I cant help but smile at the people blaming JDT. Hedges couldnt keep his cool, Wharton slipped and Hyam deflected it.  1 poor choice and 2 unlucky situations. 

Yeh Hedges hits the worst shot in professional football history yet multiple people here are asking for JDT to be sacked. Let’s get Coyle back again shall we

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

I cant help but smile at the people blaming JDT. Hedges couldnt keep his cool, Wharton slipped and Hyam deflected it.  1 poor choice and 2 unlucky situations. 

Wharton started to drag Delap down and should have finished the job. Atrocious area to give away a free kick, but you take that and pack the box, vs the situation that played out.

Hedges at fault for his actions but the manager is at fault for creating the pressure on a team that cannot seem to handle it as a collective, currently. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Burnley won't be 'on the beach' when they play us. They'll know how important it is to smash us and ruin what's left of our playoff hopes. Not to mention winning the Championship title at Ewood. Literally the worst outcome possible. The season is going to end as an absolute nightmare.

Yep, zero chance I'm rushing back from work to get to Ewood on Tuesday. Fuck. That. 

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really?

We were abysmal first half.

A game lasts 90 minutes plus stoppage!

Always optimistic where Rovers concerned but seriously, our season is over.

It wouldn’t be accurate to say we were abysmal. Defensively solid and midfield were fine, just nothing in attack.

This changed with the subs at HT, both of whom were upgrades on who they’d replaced.

Just needed Hedges to do anything other than what he chose to do, with that late chance and we’re sitting 5th, with a game in hand.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jwlrovers said:

Hedges played well, but that attempt at the end was criminal. Smash it and best case it goes in and at worst it goes in the stands, it's a goal kick or corner.

Think he was trying to replicate JRC's goal, expecting the keeper to go down so he could lift it over him. But it was pitiful. At least hit it hard even if you're looking to send it over him. He wasn't close enough to him for the soft lob.

9 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Just putting Scott Wharton on the pitch at the moment is worthy of criticism. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Hedges changed the game for the good, and then cost us the 3 points.

Literally have no idea what he was doing there 

Genuinely think his brain short circuited because he was on the wrong side of the pitch.

If he breaks away like that on the right side, he slots it home calmly. 

Corner flag was definitely the best option that side, but I think he had too much space to factor that in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

We’ve been saying that throughout this poor run. We are now (finally) out of the top 6, and I would be pleasantly surprised if we get back in between now and the end of the season.

7 points from a possible 24.

Disastrous run at the wrong time with our Strikers going awol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My missus is not amused.  That's me done for tonight.  Get p1ssed everyone - it will null the pain at least for tonight.

For once, I'm going to be taking your advice. I don't remember the last time a game of football hurt me this much, and I'm probably going to feel awfully similar on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Hedges must do better or corner flag.

Wharton should have dragged him down/back after his slip/mistake 

All the players looked nervous after our goal - that is hard to coach out of players.

JDT should have left Sammie on even if it meant hooking Brereton.

That said: the deflection was hideously unlucky 🤬

• Like 2