BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (h) - 20/9/23 - 19:45

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Injuries happen in football, sadly Venkys don't see any benefit in selling players for fees and building a competitive squad.

Only a few weeks into the new season and I'd wager JDT is losing patience, he deserves much better than this.  

He’s going to wake up one morning and think “ I can’t do anything under these circumstances, it’s just impossible “. Maybe he already has ? 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s going to wake up one morning and think “ I can’t do anything under these circumstances, it’s just impossible “. Maybe he already has ? 

He'll be off as soon as a better club comes along - it won't be long

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He was as good as gone if Slot had left Feyenoord by all accounts.  Judging by how they're playing at the moment (17 goals scored in their last 3 in the league!) - I imagine he'll be getting more attention soon.  He swerved Spurs but more lucrative jobs will arrive I bet......

41 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Would be no surprise if Southampton don't come calling when they sack their managerial myth.  A club with equally good, if not better, facilities than us and far greater potential; also, a lovely part of the world for JDT's family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKitGuy said:

Going to be a horrible game to play tonight under the lights in pouring rain. let's see what they're made of. 

I don't know where the idea has come from that the weather is going to be terrible at Ewood tonight. There has certainly been a lot of rain and there is likely to be some more this afternoon but by 6pm the Met Office is forecasting sunshine with a 40% chance of a little light rain during the game.

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Would be no surprise if Southampton don't come calling when they sack their managerial myth.  A club with equally good, if not better, facilities than us and far greater potential; also, a lovely part of the world for JDT's family.

No better than East Lancs and the Ribble valley in particular.

I think that will be the least of his considerations; more important is the "project" isn't the one he was sold and he's been lied to; he's realised the club is dysfunctional and is run by third grade execs; and most important, he wants success and he's unlikely to achieve it on a shoestring budget 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I don't know where the idea has come from that the weather is going to be terrible at Ewood tonight. There has certainly been a lot of rain and there is likely to be some more this afternoon but by 6pm the Met Office is forecasting sunshine with a 40% chance of a little light rain during the game.

I'm amazed people still trust the Met office to get the weather bang on.......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Just going off the weather radar, 2045 due a heavy coating of rain, right as the second half starts.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Vince Grella looked like the Australian Roy Keane when we got him on the pitch.

I remember Jason Roberts picked him in his greatest ever team mate XI on Sky Sports years ago. So baffling, they must have played a handful of games together?

Edited by joey_big_nose

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'm amazed people still trust the Met office to get the weather bang on.......

I don't expect that the Met Office or any other weather forecaster, will get the forecast bang on. I do believe that the majority of the time the forecast will be broadly correct 24/48 hours ahead. It's been spot on here in Preston this morning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Heard from who?

If that's the case why haven't the club put a statement out that the game is in danger of being called off with a pitch inspection at 2 pm?

Probably the same reason they didn't against Millwall. They can't be arsed.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

No better than East Lancs and the Ribble valley in particular.

I think that will be the least of his considerations; more important is the "project" isn't the one he was sold and he's been lied to; he's realised the club is dysfunctional and is run by third grade execs; and most important, he wants success and he's unlikely to achieve it on a shoestring budget 

Ribble Valley is terrific but generally Hampshire offers a tad more.  Spent time in Netley and got to know the area well.

Edited by Mercer