BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Haven’t we got the message yet ? Players only come to Rovers when we manage to alight on a player nobody else is bidding for. If there’s a choice they go elsewhere, and who can blame them ?

I wonder why , that is ?

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Haven’t we got the message yet ? Players only come to Rovers when we manage to alight on a player nobody else is bidding for. If there’s a choice they go elsewhere, and who can blame them ?

Putting aside that he isn't flavour of the month, Wahlstedt clearly evidences this isn't the case. Pulled out of a move to Brondby when we came in. 

Shame that Wharton is leaving so soon. He hasn't even really had a full season of regular football yet having been injured last season and not really a regular starter until towards the end of the campaign. However, £22million is a good offer for a club in dire need of funds. I just hope that whatever money they get to spend on new players isn't wasted.

If Maguire is signing then hopefully he proves to be the missing link up front. Sounds like Gallagher is staying put as well so attacking options of Maguire, Gallagher, Leonard and Telalovic will probably be the case, with Ennis heading out on loan somewhere I imagine.

A centre half, left back, and a central midfielder would be nice, but I suspect we'll only manage 1 of those positions at the most.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Am I imagining things? I thought we made him permanent to much fan fare before New year and he has been paraded as a new signing even though he was already here.

Looks like you're probably right, the club site isn't explicitly clear but doesn't mention it being in the summer, just about him signing a permanent contract (which a pre contract would also be). The implication is mostly that he's permanent now. As we didn't have the right to do that without CSKA's permission, I can only assume we paid them a tiny fee, or agreed to for when the window opened since you can't sign players in December. Or CSKA weren't bothered at all and said just take him (if I were them though I'd have asked for something like 50-100k knowing it would free up a loan spot for us..if we said no they haven't lost anything).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

No, siggy has signed a permanant deal.

I believe he signed a pre-contract deal as he’s under contract with Moscow through the end of the season. Unless they sold him to us in December, hes  likely on loan until the permanent move in the summer 

Edited by yankfan
Typo

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

what creepy crawlys actually go snooping around the accounts of players family members to find this stuff out! 

You should see how invasive College recruiting gets in American Football. People snoop on all sorts of social media accounts for a hint at where a player is going to commit to. 

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like you're probably right, the club site isn't explicitly clear but doesn't mention it being in the summer, just about him signing a permanent contract (which a pre contract would also be). The implication is mostly that he's permanent now. As we didn't have the right to do that without CSKA's permission, I can only assume we paid them a tiny fee, or agreed to for when the window opened since you can't sign players in December. Or CSKA weren't bothered at all and said just take him (if I were them though I'd have asked for something like 50-100k knowing it would free up a loan spot for us..if we said no they haven't lost anything).

I highly doubt we’ve paid anything to CSKA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

I was getting Mandela effect vibes so I'm glad other people are saying he's signed a contract.

To be clear I wasn't saying he hadn't signed a contract, I was clearly acknowledging he had. But I expected it was a pre-contract as I'd seen (and still haven't seen) any mention of an agreement with CSKA Moscow and his contract with them ran til the summer despite its suspension. It looks like he is already here permanently though, but I'm not clear on how since it was announced outside of the window. Makes no difference either way except that if it's just a pre-contract he still counts as a loan slot.

Duncan McGuire to Blackburn Rovers

Orlando City have held firm on their valuation of Duncan McGuire having rejected bids from Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday. However, they could finally be set to lose their star forward. 

Chris Wheatley of National World has revealed that, "McGuire is on the verge of completing a £2.3m move to Blackburn Rovers from Orlando City. Sheffield Wednesday also in race but Blackburn’s offer includes a more favourable payment schedule. McGuire expected to travel to the UK tonight, if all goes to plan."

https://fansided.com/posts/usmnt-rumors-gio-reyna-fiorentina-donovan-mcguire-blackburn-cade-cowell-chivas

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Orlando City have held firm on their valuation of Duncan McGuire having rejected bids from Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday. However, they could finally be set to lose their star forward. 

Chris Wheatley of National World has revealed that, "McGuire is on the verge of completing a £2.3m move to Blackburn Rovers from Orlando City. Sheffield Wednesday also in race but Blackburn’s offer includes a more favourable payment schedule. McGuire expected to travel to the UK tonight, if all goes to plan."

https://fansided.com/posts/usmnt-rumors-gio-reyna-fiorentina-donovan-mcguire-blackburn-cade-cowell-chivas

https://x.com/ChrisWheatley/status/1752277942179144087?s=20

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nat Phillips to Cardiff has been confirmed and it seems like Leeds are unlikely to let Cooper go. Will we even end up with another centre back?

Can't wait for Broughton to say "we tried but couldn't get deals over the line" in his post window interview

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nat Phillips to Cardiff has been confirmed and it seems like Leeds are unlikely to let Cooper go. Will we even end up with another centre back?

i would`nt be to bothered about losing out on him,if he has limitations and can`t hold down a place in scottish football then he has something seriously lacking

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think that update is from last night. Its since been suggested that Sheffield Wednesday have bid slightly more but that neither bid has been accepted.

• Like 1