BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

32 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Now the Mcguire case has been heard, I will now share the chain of events confirmed by four different sources who were ALL in the building on Transfer deadline day.

I will also dispel some myths and bollocks which has spun around the net.

GB Spoke with Orlando over a period of a few weeks regarding his interest in Mcguire (DOF Identifies players, his role)

Orlando had cash bids from Sheff Wednesday and GB Indicated that the club would be willing to buy the player for £5-7 Million including add on, however this was not an offer and it would have to go through the correct channels at the club, as it was subject to due diligence, funds and negotiation by those who do the money side (GB Does not negotiate contracts or fees).

The deal being pulled mid flight is complete fabrication, Rovers had not progressed to a formal offer, hence he ended up in Sheffield and not Blackburn. HIs agent negotiated with Orlando to have him in England as there was firm interest from two clubs possibly a third.

Following due diligence, which included using overseas data analysis, the clubs wide scouting network, it was clear that Mcguire had just seven months ago been playing college football, (The equivalent of turning out at pleasington on a Sunday). He was at nearly 23 a late rookie breakout last season in the MLS, Which in all fairness is a not the highest standard.  GB Wanted the player, so the club negotiated a "Try before you buy" offer, instead of spunking millions at a relatively unknown quantity. Orlando was happy with this, so the player headed to Blackburn.

All formalities were done by between 8pm and 9pm and the paperwork uploaded. All Seniors were in the building SW, GB, IC and IS. The club opted to wait to announce the deal and ordered curry in to celebrate what they deemed a successful window.

A sweep was done around the office a number of times with all those involved to ensure everything had been dotted and crossed.

GB and IS Assured everyone this was the case, please note only the secretary can upload to the portal and press send. No one left the office and the deal was announced.

At around 11.04 one of the admin girls who I shall not name, told the CEO That it had not been sent. Of course at this point complete devastation for a very large team at Ewood who had put a lot of effort into transfer deadline day.

Only one person could send this, and everyone else had done their part, that person stated it had gone, to all the senior team and those who play a supporting role. 

Th fault of this lies solely with the secretary. 

The background noise of transfers being cancelled mid-flight just did not happen. Adam Wharton's deal was done Wednesday and had no baring on this fiasco.

The club were hoping time stamps of uploads would get leniency from the EFL, But deep down knew this lad been badly let down and it was never going to end well.

We have huge sticks and bombs to hit certain people, but truth be told this is one person, who has royally fooooooked it up for everyone.

One person makes a mistake. I don't buy it. Where is the procedure put in place by Broughton, peer  checking, printing off verification for filing. All sorts of methods to ensure mistakes like that don't happen when the stakes are high.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Please understand, I'm not endorsing what happened, I'm merely reporting with confidence the chain of events, that lead to our proud clubs name again ending up in great bright lights stating "SHIT SHOW"

Really appreciate you relaying what you find. You'll just get a lot of responses because what you are relaying is absolutely bat shit crazy stuff. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

One person makes a mistake. I don't buy it. Where is the procedure put in place by Broughton, peer  checking, printing off verification for filing. All sorts of methods to ensure mistakes like that don't happen when the stakes are high.

There is certainly question to be asked, why we have one user who can do this and it has to be the secretary, It maybe a FA Rule, I genuinely don't know, but I'm sure one of the groups will pose this question perhaps the Fans forum

It appears they have their scapegoat then. Clean hands Broughton is off the hook despite his 'review of the processes' interview last February. It's happened again so what now? Another review of the processes?

Out of embarrassment he should resign immediately.

42 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

All formalities were done by between 8pm and 9pm and the paperwork uploaded. All Seniors were in the building SW, GB, IC and IS. The club opted to wait to announce the deal and ordered curry in to celebrate what they deemed a successful window.

Hahahaha if you can’t laugh you’d cry. What a club we are 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

There is certainly question to be asked, why we have one user who can do this and it has to be the secretary, It maybe a FA Rule, I genuinely don't know, but I'm sure one of the groups will pose this question perhaps the Fans forum

I usually have 1 or 2 questions for the FF, but I’ve already filled a notepad doc on my phone for the next one, including the above!

• Like 3

Is gregg going to come infront of the cameras or is he going be another lurking in the background . I want , ney demand, him waggot or suhail or even better all three explain this when I can see the whites of their eyes . 

• Like 2

Gregg does seem to be more implicated here than I thought.

Not only for not making personally sure the papers had been sent (as he was the one who said he'd ensured last Jan's problem couldn't happen again, even though he personally could not submit the docs & ought to be able to trust those who could), but also it seems like he was happy to all but commit the club to spending £7m on a late-developing college football rookie. If he was keen on this player for months (his prerogative as DoF), why was due diligence elsewhere in recruitment only done on deadline day??

As for Waggott, on £300k p/a and being the only other person able to submit docs besides Sylvester, he ought to have done it himself given what happened last January. An absolute derogation of duty on his part, added to his derogation of duty last Jan when at the match instead of overseeing deadline day.

I think both have to go (somewhat reluctantly in GB's case), and Sylvester of course.

5 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

@glen9mullan any thoughts on that? It is rather odd that JDT mentioned Suhail instead of GB. 

Guys exiting the building having lost the dressing room, may as well drop some bombs on his way out.

Reality is the CEO is top of the food chain and holds accountability for any shit show,

Suhail is not a club director and is a consultant

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Guys exiting the building having lost the dressing room, may as well drop some bombs on his way out.

Reality is the CEO is top of the food chain and holds accountability for any shit show,

Suhail is not a club director and is a consultant

Last question from me on it all Glen.

The bit in bold, did Waggott hold his hands up and claim any accountability to the January transfer fiasco during yesterdays meeting?

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

Imagine after all of this dragging the players in front of fan groups to try and spin that some scattered boos and Venky's/Waggott Out chants are the problem. Shameless. 

Amazing how quick Waggot sprung into action on that to spin the narrative after his name was bellowed out.

Ask him about season tickets or anything else and he'll look into it.....in 6 months or a year.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It appears they have their scapegoat then. Clean hands Broughton is off the hook despite his 'review of the processes' interview last February. It's happened again so what now? Another review of the processes?

Out of embarrassment he should resign immediately.

Yep, that'll solve the problem. :rolleyes: