BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 5/11/23

7 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Nice one, the RB at RW is back again ....not wasting my time today 

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

4 wins in 5, Swansea game the only hiccup,  some brilliant performances and some not so but still managed wins, this young side have the makings of something great 

The ups and downs of being a Rovers fan. 😀

• Like 9

Just now, alex l said:

More of a reason was he wanted to leave. Had the chance to go to the top division. For anyone who suggests we should just reject all bids and keep him, not only does it mean an unhappy player but probably squad. Nobody would renew without a release clause if they thought the club would prevent them going up a division 

Agreed, once a Premier League club came in, (albeit Luton), it would've been difficult to keep him, but the reason we waved it through without any resistance, (and we 've resisted a good few bids for players in recent seasons), is we needed the dough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Tronstad was excellent again today. He's made a massive difference since coming into the side. He doesn't do anything outstanding but he smells danger well and always seem to be in the right place to pick up the loose balls. He's also very neat and tidy on the ball and rarely loses it. Really good signing. 

He really has steadied the ship. When starting  we have won 7 from 8 games 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Agreed, once a Premier League club came in, (albeit Luton), it would've been difficult to keep him, but the reason we waved it through without any resistance, (and we 've resisted a good few bids for players in recent seasons), is we needed the dough.

If GB is to be believed, they met the valuation we placed on him, having initially put in a bid that was quickly dismissed. 

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

Just seen the Wharton red on the Sky Sports highlights and still not convinced. He pokes the ball away first and the Norwich player goes over his trailing leg afterwards. Is that a foul?

No. Gets good contact on the ball first, then minimal contact with a foot and a swivel dive. The divot ref allowed himself to get conned or rather a minute or two of fame and notoriety live on TV.

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

Norwich fans post-match reaction... not pleased. NSFW language.

not a happy place to be at Carrow road. 

If Norwich fans get their way and Wagner out who would they want? 

5 minutes ago, alex l said:

If GB is to be believed, they met the valuation we placed on him, having initially put in a bid that was quickly dismissed. 

Luton chased Kaminski for most of the season and they could have got it sooner than they did. Messed us around for weeks IMO

• Like 1

I watched it on TV in local pub. The first replay of Wharton's tackle from the side camera we all said he didn't touch the ball. The second replay from the camera behind showed he DID touch the ball.  Cannot blame the referee in this instance.

Duffy's card was harsh. All he did was clear the ball.

JRC needs bollocking for his stupid card. We all know that after the ref has blown you must not continue with a shot. It's like taking your shirt off after scoring or playfully bouncing the ball off an opponent's head.

Hill was my MOM. Superb! But better than POTS Van Hecke? No.

Keep it up JDT. You're doing better than expected given the circumstances.

• Like 3

Great win today. If we think we are open at times, Norwich's midfield and defence were like the Grand Canyon.

Had it not been for the sending off I suspect it would've been 4 or 5 nil. Each goal was exceptional in the transition / counter attack, and the composure shown for each goal was superb.

The main concern in performance was the goalkeeper flapping at crosses. Although it's not saying much I still prefer Leo to Pears.

Probably the best I've seen from Dolan since Leicester away in the FA Cup last season. Took his goal well, and showed great composure and intelligence to pick Moran out in the build up to the third goal.

Let's see what Friday brings. A win and we would leapfrog Preston on goal difference and move up into 6th place temporarily. Get into the international break and hopefully get some of those injured / suspended players back and ready for Stoke.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be top 6 this season, but it is a real pleasure to watch us play when everything clicks the way it did today.

• Like 4

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not a happy place to be at Carrow road. 

If Norwich fans get their way and Wagner out who would they want? 

I did hear a couple of Norwich fans around us say that Wagner is a symptom rather than the root cause of the problem. With that said, majority opinion is clearly that he needs to go, as the 'sacked in the morning' chants began after the first goal - and I believe they were started by the Norwich fans rather than ours. 

Excellent win thanks to three excellent goals, as most of ours seem to be these days, all sweet finishes at the end of great moves. With Hill at CB and Tronstadt in front of him, we have got rid of our soft centre, they both really know their jobs and do them excellently.

Young Wharton is an enigma for me; no-one better at receiving, controlling and giving the ball in tight spaces, but his adventurous forward passes pretty much all missed their mark today. And, in the twenty mins after big bro got sent off, Adam might as well have gone off with him. He’s not yet the complete midfielder, easily bypassed and seems to react to rather than pre-empt runners off the ball. Early days though.

The keeper debate seems to have forgotten that just 40 miles down the road we also scored three but lost thanks to Pears gifting Ipswich 3 goals. The new lad is nervy but I thought his save from the header crucial so soon after we scored our third. Seen plenty of keepers rooted to the spot for those.

• Like 2

I thought we played really well today, thought Szmodics and the much maligned Dolan were excellent.

The momentum of the game obviously turned on the sending off, I thought it was a marginal one, whilst it appeared as though Scott just about got to the ball first I'd have been wanting a red if it was the other way round. Really at 3-0 up he didn't really need to go to ground and give the referee a decision to make.

Wahlstedt- Christ an absolute liability, he makes Pears look like Gordon Banks. How do we manage to find all these useless keepers like Walton, Pears and Wahlstedt? As jim says there must be solid options throughout the League who do what it says on the tin. Why can't we find one?

Have to agree with Wheelton Blue on Tronstadt, like him I felt today's game completely passed the player by. I didn't even realise he was playing until the camera panned in on him in close up second. That's fine for the referee, not a player.

Also have to agree with bazza that jdt is doing a lot better than expected given (imo) he's having to contend with the owners recent financial issues, a CEO who seems to be on a mission to empty the stadium and who doesn't particularly want us to succeed as it will upset the comfy (for him) status quo and an overpromoted Academy head as DOF who has overseen some dire recruitment since his arrival (and the case of January non recruitment)

I still can't see us doing anything this season but it looks like we might well survive which I thought would be a very tall order given the striking options or lack thereof.

The question will be , whilst muddling along in lower mid table in no imminent danger of going up or down might be Waggott's wet dream, will it be enough to keep JDT interested in the medium term?

Well done to JDT and the players today. A very entertaining watch.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

Whilst I agree with the majority doubting Wahlstedt, I think he'd have a better chance of improving with a settled defence, obviously for various reasons that's not been possible. Regardless of that though he really needs to work on a few areas of his game, not sure if there's an element of nerves in there or what. I don't think we've signed a complete dud, yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Just seen the Wharton red on the Sky Sports highlights and still not convinced. He pokes the ball away first and the Norwich player goes over his trailing leg afterwards. Is that a foul?

Remember the Duffy yellow card ?
Took the ball clear as day then cleaned out Dolan…free kick & yellow. 

Taking the ball doesn’t mean “no consequences” in modern game. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

If someone actually thinks the game ‘completely passed Tronsdadt by’ then I’d question their knowledge of the game… or is it due to him being a signing of that ‘dire’ DofF…

I thought it passed him by to a degree, as it has in previous games IMO. I can't recall more than a handful of occasions when his name was mentioned.

I only saw it on the tele though; perhaps in the flesh there was more to him.

Don't get me wrong, I thiink he's decent. But 'excellent'? Not for me.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If someone actually thinks the game ‘completely passed Tronsdadt by’ then I’d question their knowledge of the game… or is it due to him being a signing of that ‘dire’ DofF…

The thing about playing that position is you’ve got to be really disciplined in possession of the ball. You need to hold your position and not get giddy when you’ve got the chance to gallop away downfield with the ball. Lose it and you’re way out of position. Find a blue and white shirt with the ball and then keep sensing possible danger.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Excellent game. Warm butter in knife the way we hit them on the break, even Dolan was looking for his teammates and well taken goal from him. Tronstad has grown into his role and will be difficult to displace, meaning A. Wharton will be able to roam more without making us too vulnarable defensively. Think Wharton is a couple of games off his best but will get there. 

The red card is a difficult one and Scott Wharton was put in a difficult position by his teammate and had to make a swift decision. Looked a red to me. Other than that he looks shaky/rusty and our left side defensively is a lot weaker than our right side where Brittain and JRC can create problems for anyone with their tenacity.

All in all very enjoyable and think it would've been more had it not been for us going down to ten men. The energy that lacked vs. Swansea was back and it was a joy to watch.

• Like 1

Commentators not mentioning his name much is kind of the point, you won’t hear it as he wins it, moves it quickly.

Footballers like that often go under the radar, but I bet if you asked the players/JDT they’d make clear how much he’s pivotal to the side.. 

• Like 7