BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Question for @chaddyrovers.

If you were a billionaire and bought the Rovers, would you keep Waggott, Broughton and Eustace in post?

@chaddyrovers you are never backward about coming forward with suggestions about new signings.

I asked you a simple question and still awaiting your thoughts.

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pickering is a solid left back at this level and was a key part in the teams that finished 7th and 8th. He is being hung out to dry at the moment under Eustace in a position that doesnt suit him. But Chrisene isnt better than him.

A key reason why we finished 7th/8th and not higher, he’s garbage.

• Like 1

Pickering is no better than Tommy Spurr and at least the excuse for his zero pace was age and wear and tear. Picks is probably the slowest full back iv'e ever seen so that's not a great qualification for being used as a wing back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I wouldn't say he is garbage, just a bang average championship left back who is probably at home at a side somewhere in between 16th & 8th,

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

I wouldn't say he is garbage, just a bang average championship left back who is probably at home at a side somewhere in between 16th & 8th,

No he’s garbage. Can’t run, registered 1 assist all season which came from a corner, is regularly at fault for goals conceded due to his inability to stop a cross. He’s playing at least one level above his ability (not alone in this respect), get rid.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Loans cost money. We don't have any. It's really that simple.

They are the cheapest way of getting players as opposed to paying fees or even freebies who can demand higher signing on and agent fees. Hence why we borrow so many.

I think it was reported by Rich Sharpe that Poveda was the first one that we paid any sort of fee towards. Unsure if we have since but id hope not.

19 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I think hes steady. Nothing special, not quick, and certainly not a wing back. But a solid, consistent left back at this level, good on the ball and reads the game well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Luton made a number of offers below what we accepted for 2.5m. Source GB's comments 

With Thomas, it was different. We felt one of the goalkeepers would go this summer. The moment Luton came in, Thomas was clear that he wanted to play in the Premier League and Luton was a viable option to do that.

"We weren't prepared to bend our valuation on Thomas just because he said that. We had some difficult conversations with Thomas in Austria when Luton were insistent they wouldn't go above their bid. We wouldn't drop earlier.

"My only concern was we knew the others that were being tabled for Leo (Wahlestedt), who was our first choice as a replacement for Thomas or Aynsley (Pears). Luton eventually started to move closer to our number for Thomas 

I know you are ultra gullible and believe every word that comes out of people like Broughton and Waggot. But believe it or not sometimes people say things which aren't true to put out an appearance.

Nowhere has Broughton or Waggot said "We had to sell Adam Wharton earlier than we liked because we have cash flow problems due to the Indian court case", but we clearly know this is true.

Therefore, what Broughton should have said on TK was "We rejected some bids to try and get the price up, but ultimately £2.5million was as much as we could get. We could have a possible cash flow issue coming up which makes us a more willing selling club that we would like."

Here's Rich Sharpe, back in July in the LT, saying "It is understood that Rovers would want between £3m and £4m were they to allow Kaminski, who has two years left to run on his contract, leave this summer." Another article online , quoting Nixon as its source, saying we would want up to £5 million. (Also frustratingly JDT saying he expects nobody to leave and he wants quality coming into the squad ).

If Luton would have stopped at £2million we would have played hardball for a few days and then taken it.  Szmodics will leave this summer for whatever the highest bid we can get will be. It will have nothing to do with a 'valuation'.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, RTM08 said:

I expect Johanson will have far better offers than us. And even if he didn't, would he really want to be in another team that's just going to get battered game after game next season?

In fairness, we haven't been battered game after game. We've mostly just had shit keepers in the sticks. A quality, consistent keeper would have had us at least 10 points higher in the league, probably up to 15 points when we consider some of the horror shows and the added confidence from them not happening, which would put us anywhere from 13th to 9th at the moment. Of course, when you take out Sammie next season, it probably puts us right back where we are! However, I would agree Johanson is likely to get far better offers than us, especially at that bargain bin price. He was being very well spoken of earlier in the season, and I think I heard he was being rated in the 5 million bracket?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will deffo strengthen the keeper area in the summer. 

Come on Chaddy, you know there's nothing 'deffo' about it. Remember you've made plenty of predictions with that certainty before that have proven wrong, as we all do. Personally I think the odds are low that we recruit there. Money is likely to be limited, and we already have two keepers we spent fees of 500k upwards on. One of them got a new contract last summer and one was signed last summer. There are many areas of the pitch that need improvement especially when we lose Szmodics and the loanees. I doubt the club will see it as a priority within the constraints, and I don't expect them to move for a keeper unless they sell one. I can't see who we would sell one to.

• Like 1

IF we survive and Harry Pickering, Tyrhys Dolan and Sam Gallagher are still in the starting 11 next season we can forget about the Championship - it means we haven't done anything in the window. They are backup players at best at this level. There are plenty of others in the match day squad that aren't good enough too... Markanday, Garrett, Telalovic, Pears, Wahlstedt etc. We need 8 or 9 signings, not kids... Decent quality and it's going to cost money. £10m+ needs spending to make up for previous windows of spending nothing. A good chunk of the Wharton money simply has to be reinvested in players to keep the club afloat or push on and money MUST be spent on a goalkeeper. Good luck getting all of that approved back in India, and the paperwork for each signed off in time. No chance. As a squad we have regressed significantly over the past 3 years. It's the Brentford model in reverse, sell your best players and reinvest poorly or not at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Come on Chaddy, you know there's nothing 'deffo' about it. Remember you've made plenty of predictions with that certainty before that have proven wrong, as we all do. Personally I think the odds are low that we recruit there. Money is likely to be limited, and we already have two keepers we spent fees of 500k upwards on. One of them got a new contract last summer and one was signed last summer. There are many areas of the pitch that need improvement especially when we lose Szmodics and the loanees. I doubt the club will see it as a priority within the constraints, and I don't expect them to move for a keeper unless they sell one. I can't see who we would sell one to.

I think we seen enough that Eustace really trust about 14/15 players. 

If I am wrong, I will hold my hands and admit I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we seen enough that Eustace really trust about 14/15 players. 

If I am wrong, I will hold my hands and admit I was wrong. 

I think Eustace trusts about four players - Carter, JRC, Tronstad, Szmodics and has to make do with the rest. Like all of us. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

They are the cheapest way of getting players as opposed to paying fees or even freebies who can demand higher signing on and agent fees. Hence why we borrow so many.

I think it was reported by Rich Sharpe that Poveda was the first one that we paid any sort of fee towards. Unsure if we have since but id hope not.

They're the cheapest way, yes, but they still cost money.

For the premium loans - like Diallo, who carried Sunderland last year - you have to pay a loan fee and contribute to their wages (if not entirely cover them). PNE were quoted £1m to loan Tom Cannon back this season (before he was sold to Leicester).

We've had our transfer and wage budgets slashed for years - we had to loan out Buckley to afford Moran's wages. I guarantee Chrisene, Ayari and the French CB whose name I'm not bothering to Google were free loans with minimal wage contributions 'cos their parent clubs were desperate to get them game time. 

59 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Any DoF and Head Coach worth their salt will realise we have a massive problem between the sticks. 

If they don't resolve that issue then you're simply papering over the cracks with your other transfer moves. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Torgeir said:

That's why it's called development. I think Moran will assess his time here with Brighton and probably go out on another Championship loan next season. Ayari as well, but might go overseas. Branthwaite wasn't any good here, but look at him now. 

The Loan Manager at Brighton will be bitterly disappointed with Moran this season.

After a bright start he tired, waned and never recovered. He hasn't looked up for the fight for months - that's a massive blot in his copybook. 

I found it really hard seeing Sammie potentially playing his last home game on Saturday. I stayed for the lap of honour just to give him some respect.

However, it's really hard to know what other teams and their scouts make of Sammie. Would love to read a scouting report from one of his games. 

He's been playing in such a poor, fractured side - he hasn't had any assistance up front, he's scored the same breakaway goal, latching onto a through ball, over and over again. Seemingly the only type of goal we can score, and I stand by the fact that he's only scored those goals as we haven't had a striker as he's had to play further upfield.

You can't deny his workrate, his footballing brain, his nous and his passion, but I almost feel like we haven't seen any of his hold-up/linking play, as his teammates haven't been up to standard.  

If he goes to another team, it won't be as a forward, so his new fans need to get accustomed to the fact he won't score 20+goals again, and cut him some slack. 

I just can't hack it anymore that we're potentially watching another talent leave before we get chance to see them bed into a side.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're the cheapest way, yes, but they still cost money.

For the premium loans - like Diallo, who carried Sunderland last year - you have to pay a loan fee and contribute to their wages (if not entirely cover them). PNE were quoted £1m to loan Tom Cannon back this season (before he was sold to Leicester).

We've had our transfer and wage budgets slashed for years - we had to loan out Buckley to afford Moran's wages. I guarantee Chrisene, Ayari and the French CB whose name I'm not bothering to Google were free loans with minimal wage contributions 'cos their parent clubs were desperate to get them game time. 

I think Buckley would have contributed more than Moran over the season , he got injured so a difficult one ,I suppose ..

What's twice nowt ?   Buckley is at least our player !

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I found it really hard seeing Sammie potentially playing his last home game on Saturday. I stayed for the lap of honour just to give him some respect.

However, it's really hard to know what other teams and their scouts make of Sammie. Would love to read a scouting report from one of his games. 

He's been playing in such a poor, fractured side - he hasn't had any assistance up front, he's scored the same breakaway goal, latching onto a through ball, over and over again. Seemingly the only type of goal we can score, and I stand by the fact that he's only scored those goals as we haven't had a striker as he's had to play further upfield.

You can't deny his workrate, his footballing brain, his nous and his passion, but I almost feel like we haven't seen any of his hold-up/linking play, as his teammates haven't been up to standard.  

If he goes to another team, it won't be as a forward, so his new fans need to get accustomed to the fact he won't score 20+goals again, and cut him some slack. 

I just can't hack it anymore that we're potentially watching another talent leave before we get chance to see them bed into a side.

Just on this - I thought the lap of honour was really poorly organised. The stadium announcer said stay in your seats, the players essentially did their own lap of honour, where taken off the pitch then returned to a 80% empty stadium.

Like everything it needed much better organisation. Messaging on the big screen, repeat announcements. 

Whilst I’m here, when Eustace was sent off he came and sat probably 15 seats away from me. There was no plan for how he would communicate to the bench - it was utter chaos, probably a 10-15 minute period of it followed by Eustace using his personal phone to call down to someone on the bench. 

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Luton made a number of offers below what we accepted for 2.5m. Source GB's comments 

With Thomas, it was different. We felt one of the goalkeepers would go this summer. The moment Luton came in, Thomas was clear that he wanted to play in the Premier League and Luton was a viable option to do that.

"We weren't prepared to bend our valuation on Thomas just because he said that. We had some difficult conversations with Thomas in Austria when Luton were insistent they wouldn't go above their bid. We wouldn't drop earlier.

"My only concern was we knew the others that were being tabled for Leo (Wahlestedt), who was our first choice as a replacement for Thomas or Aynsley (Pears). Luton eventually started to move closer to our number for Thomas 

If Leo was our first choice I hate to think who else was on our list.

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Just on this - I thought the lap of honour was really poorly organised. The stadium announcer said stay in your seats, the players essentially did their own lap of honour, where taken off the pitch then returned to a 80% empty stadium.

Like everything it needed much better organisation. Messaging on the big screen, repeat announcements. 

Whilst I’m here, when Eustace was sent off he came and sat probably 15 seats away from me. There was no plan for how he would communicate to the bench - it was utter chaos, probably a 10-15 minute period of it followed by Eustace using his personal phone to call down to someone on the bench. 

Perhaps they were hoping he wouldn’t