BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixons gossip for the day we interested in Cannon on loan and looking to loan out O'Riordan next season 

We should not be paying fees for players like O'Riordan and then loaning out.

Players we pay fees for have to improve our first team.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I'm calling it now. Over 500 pages.

Also Wharton is out for the season so totally pointless listing him in the squad. Even the club won't be doing that.

Based on Gregg's recent form, I imagine our first 3 signings will be (soon),

Fadz

Gally

Dolan

Then it will go very quiet until after 20th August, whilst we hear propganda via the LT about getting business done early and 3 done already.

Suspect you wont be far wrong.

Fadz - worth a 12 month contract

Gally - huge wages for a waste of space, get him out the door

Dolan - get shut, we can do better

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

i don`t mind dolan,i think if you put him wide,give him one job,attack the full back and get a cross in,he would flourish,he flatters to deceive in the middle

a agree on gallagher,just get rid of him,i will dread seeing  the headline "gallagher signs contract extension" 😰

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling

McFadzean has been a good stop gap for the last few months but that is all he should be. He will turn 38 during next season and he limits the way that the team can play and set up. I fully expect him to be offered a new deal but I think a more forward thinking and more ambitious club would be looking elsewhere.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We should not be paying fees for players like O'Riordan and then loaning out.

Players we pay fees for have to improve our first team.

Especially one that already has over 50 appearances in league football. I’m all for loaning players out to gain first team experience, but he already has it. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t mind dolan,i think if you put him wide,give him one job,attack the full back and get a cross in,he would flourish,he flatters to deceive in the middle

a agree on gallagher,just get rid of him,i will dread seeing  the headline "gallagher signs contract extension" 😰

Dolan is actually the opposite - he wants (and is best) to play centrally. 

Out wide he simply doesn't have the pace to worry FBs.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Playing Fadz means we will persist with 5 at the back, which is fine for shutting out top class opposition but not for normal opponents. We need to play 4 at the back in order to create chances for our useless forwards ( excl Sammie) to score. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fadz is one of those signings where ideally you aren't actually playing him that much though - he's inexpensive, experienced cover who lets you go to a back five if you need to. I'd have no issue keeping him for another season, but he shouldn't be a 'new signing' contract renewal.

I like Dolan, but he's one of the few players we could afford to lose who would actually warrant an alright transfer fee, so we need to make sure he isn't leaving on a free.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fadz for another year on the cheap and used sparingly would be a good bit of business (provided we sign other players as well). 

Edited by RoverDom

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No way are we spending £7-10m.

If we don’t spend this with our decimated squad PLUS Szmodics will leave then we may as well all pack it in and fold the club. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

If we don’t spend this with our decimated squad PLUS Szmodics will leave then we may as well all pack it in and fold the club. 

Having made a record sale of at least £17m, plus £4m for Raya, in addition to the TK and Phillips sums... surely most of the fan base would be in uproar if we don't spend near to £10m. And that's before the potential sizeable fee for Szmods. 

As you say we may as well fold otherwise as there's no way we can bring in these sums year on year if it's needed just to keep the lights on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

And I still think Markanday is better than Dolan.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

And I still think Markanday is better than Dolan.

Markanday should be sold in the summer. simple not good enough and doesn't show anything in games

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

We deffo need to spend in the summer to improve this squad. 

• Like 1

There was a time we weee told we had to create our own transfer budget. Since then £26 million in transfer fees + Szmodics fee will have been received. We should have £20 million + to spend. We will be lucky to get £2.6

• Like 1

Anybody think there's a chance Szmodics may still be here next season. ?

If Rovers play hardball over the fee and demand up to £20 million for him, it may put potential buyers off paying that much for a 29 year old with no premier league experience.

Rovers in the driving seat at least.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you genuinely expect the owners to allow that though?

why not? They backed Mowbray for nearly 3 seasons with cash and JDT/GB in the first window was 6 million for 3 very good signings

13 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody think there's a chance Szmodics may still be here next season. ?

If Rovers play hardball over the fee and demand up to £20 million for him, it may put potential buyers off paying that much for a 29 year old with no premier league experience.

Rovers in the driving seat at least.

I think there is always a chance 

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He works really hard and often finds himself in excellent positions but then inexplicably turns back on himself into trouble rather than passing or shooting. Drives me nuts watching it. Needs to get that indecision out of his game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If January is anything to go by then we'll sell Szmodics to the first bid that comes through the door.

If that's referring to Wharton, it's common knowledge we turned down initial bids for him.

At the time £18 m rising to £22 m seemed a decent price for a huge talent but who had played less than 50 games in the championship.

We all knew that another year or two and he would have been worth probably treble that but we never got that opportunity..

Hopefully when he moves on again , which he will, there's a huge sell on involved 

I would  imagine he may have more lucrative offers (Rangers or Celtic would be my guess) and his wages are probably out of reach, but Scott McKenna is out of contract at Forest this summer, left footed CB, Championship promotion on his CV, and obviously not quite Premier League standard (been on loan at Copenhagen this season while his contract runs down), decent age at 27

• Like 2