BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 5/3/24

Just now, neophox said:

Well we could have this team in league one next season of something doesn't change..

Wahlstedt

Carter, ORiordan, Wharton Pickering,

Rankin-Costello, Buckley, Garrett, Gilsenan

Leonard, Telalovic

Carter, A. Wharton and Rankin-Costello will get poached. 

That was awful completely devoid of any ideas whatsoever absolutely awful

We need at least three wins from now on in and even that may not be enough after that showing Im not confident whatsoever

Venkys out

Waggott out

Broughton out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, neophox said:

I meant if he was still here in this shit show of situation regarding JDT leaving etc.. for me Venkys and Waggot should be the first ones out. They're a shame!

I suspect he's quietly looking for a life raft out of this circus too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jny said:

Are we ever going to see Gilsenan get a run? 

This side is crying out for some direct attacking flair and creativity, utter dross again 

Just don't understand it.

Gallagher and Dolan are dross.  Unbelievable we didn't take Ipswich offer for Gallagher.

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don’t think any club could or would take the risk. He can’t string together more than 3-4 games in a row without breaking down.

How we’re crying out for him in this run in. He’s the only other one apart from Fadz and Sammie with a set of bollocks.

Edited by G Somerset Rover

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They are all on contracts to 2027 won't go on a cheap...

Edited by neophox

18 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We need an outlet when playing this system. Negative pace in this team.

With the amount of injuries we have, it's deeply concerning what we've witnessed for the past few league games. Still no wins for Eustace. He must've been the cheapest and quickest option.

If we are to play the same formation, I would bring in Koumetio or O'Riordan (assuming he's quicker than our current CBs) to at least allow the team to play a few yards further up the pitch. Maybe, Chrisene, from the start too. However, the manager is so attached to his current back three, I suspect he'll keep it the same.

Been saying for a while Gilsenan needs a chance after his few minutes last week he wasnt even on bench tonight.

We were fortunate with the goal, Sigurdsson fucked up the first initial pass to Sammie but then was gifted the ball back Rovers esq fashion, Praying Sammie doesnt get injured for final 10 games, he looks like our only genuine goal threat 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Someone mentioned Tronstad is out for four weeks. Hedges is no saint I'm afraid.

Looking forward to the post match interview with Eustace. Getting Kean vibes here...

I’m betting on ‘put the point into the bag and move on, 10 cup finals need the fans with us’

• Like 2

We created nothing today. And scored largely down to a horrendous unforced error from a Millwall defender (great finish though).

I felt we tried to play passing football in the first half, just slowly and lacking the player rotations that made us a fairly good attacking force under JDT. With McFadzean receiving too much of the ball and no movement, naturally we didn't create a single chance.

It didn't take long for us to start hoofing it to nobody. The return of the short corners was also most unwelcome and the ayari one at the end was mind numbingly dumb.

Ultimately we are in the position we are due to how we have been run but criticism should be given out to eustace and the players on this occasion. The players are very clearly hiding in my eyes (szmodics as often is the case sticks his chest out) and Eustaces tactics are frankly poor consisting of let's get men behind the ball and hope we don't get beat. Looking very much a waggott appointment right now.

• Like 2

gallagher stunk the place out tonight,he was shocking,iv`e known some bad centre forwards in my time,norman bell,chris thompson,ashley ward to name but three,terrible as they all were,they had the ability to hold the ball up and head it,gallagher does`nt even have that in his locker,he`s terrible

• Like 6

Post match interview I wish JE was honest.

He should just hold hands up and say.. We played bad. Sorry fans. We will do try to do better next time. We don't want to get relegated. We will continue to work. 

That's it. He shouldn't chat any bs in the interviews trying to say it was a good point blah blah. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

So does anyone think we will put in a performance against Plymouth like we did when King Kenny agreed to join us? 
Not a cat in hells chance!!!

I cannot remember the team but Garner ,Speedie, Sellars and Moran would be playing..

They would be useful now !!

• Like 1

How many of this lot actually care and are playing for the shirt? Sammie and Scott probably but on tonight's evidence that's about it - a bunch of third rate half arsed non tryers.... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, neophox said:

They are all on contracts to 2027 won't go on a cheap...

We will be desperate for money and we've proven we don't care about getting market value for players.

• Like 3

I'm sorry but this manager is a coward who is petrified to lose, absolute 2017 Tony Mowbray/2012 Steve Ke*n vibes (Spurs away 2012 / Wolves away 2017 ring any bells?)

Cardiff (a) and Millwall (h) were 6pts for the taking which he was terrified to take his 3rd CB off the pitch and try to win. 4 combined shots on target in those games!

3CBs for the whole game AT HOME to (fucking) Millwall - who haven't tried to win an away game in about 6 years - is pathetic. Millwall still fucking scored with their only attack. So, whats the point here?!

A team that is scared to commit to attack, scared to shoot and has a fear of failure, not only deserves failure.... will get failure.

1 clean sheet in 8 with this "Mcfadzean back 5", still averaging over 1 goal a game conceded, and a 0.66xg average over that same 8 games. Not only is this not working, there is no fight, and no ambition to win. 

I genuinely believe that anything less than 3pts on Saturday is nailed on RELEGATION.

Rant.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Andy said:

Impossible to disagree with this.

Feels like they’re cheating the fans, themselves.

I can accept us being shit if we’re grinding out results. We’re currently shit and failing to beat the teams below/around us.

Eustace has shown absolutely nothing, other than to emphasise how much of a miracle JDT worked last season (and the first half of this).

If we do go down, it’s completely deserved.

You're looking at JDT through extremely Rose tinted spectacles - Eustace for all his faults has scraped seven points from seven games. JDT managed two from his last seven.

Not that this is good enough. I would never underestimate the ability of this squad of players to snarch defeat from the jaws of victory. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lose on the last day to drop Into the bottom 3 for the first time.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Post match interview I wish JE was honest.

He should just hold hands up and say.. We played bad. Sorry fans. We will do try to do better next time. We don't want to get relegated. We will continue to work. 

That's it. He shouldn't chat any bs in the interviews trying to say it was a good point blah blah. 

He’s only been here less than a month and I’m already sick of his pre and post match interviews.

Just spouts cliches for 4/5 minutes every week.

• Like 5