BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If things don’t change dramatically it’s hard to see how we can stay up next season.

We need at minimum 8 quality Permanente signings through the door in the summer. We won’t get it but that’s what’s needed 

When you've got a squad full of cheap journeymen run by crooks this is what happenes. One decent gave every month but mostly they don't really care. Most of them won't be here next year.

Years of neglect catching up big time. Struggling to care as much anymore. 

Sad.

Edited by benhben
  • Like 4

And there he is in the post-match, smiling away, saying how great we were but 'goals change games'.

I have no more words for this, it's like we're being gaslighted.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 8

Just now, Andy said:

And there he is in the post-match, smiling away, saying how great we were but 'goals change games'.

I have no more words for this, it's light we're being gaslighted.

Back to bullshit mode managers. Jdt was a break from the norm 

• Like 5

Missed this during to childcare. Reading reviews it sounds awful. 

Pears sums up this team. It's not that he/they can't play well or have a great game. It's just he is far more likely to have an absolute mare. And when you have four times as many mares as good games, the team is going to struggle. 

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When have we won a game that had everything riding on it under the Chicken Chokers ? Just name me one big game were we were under pressure for a result and we didn’t just lie down and die ?  Just one. 

The club is rotten from top to bottom. 

Few to no leaders. When I was playing there would be players on your own team you'd be more afraid of than the opposition because you don't want to drop your standards and feel their backlash. They would through force of will and personality organise on the pitch and drag you out the shit. We haven't had leaders since Big Sam left. You need 4 or 5 in in a championship team. I reckon we could scrape 2.

Not many out their either and we certainly wouldn't be in for them under these clowns.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, superniko said:

Outside of Carter, Wharton, JRC, Tronstad, Szmodics I wouldn’t care less if others left. And we’ll clearly cash in on Szmodics for under his value. 

Is Wharton's heart in it? Third game in a row he's come of injured. This is a bloke who was moaning about not playing the other day. That challenge for the second goal summed him up, soft.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Before the game unfolded, I thought a scrappy point today against a desperate foe was the only point we would earn the rest of the season. But I thought it would be enough to keep us up, on goal diff. 

Now, I cannot see a point in the final two. What happens to us after the finale at Leicester? We’ve truly a broken, poor lot of players, and certainly will lose our very best. 

In the immediate future, I’m afraid we’re in for some dark days, darker than we’ve experienced to date. It will certainly test our patience and resolve as fans, some, whose perseverance has already reached its limit. 

• Like 2

Hyam picked up a loose ball in the first half and broke forward. Looked like he was running in lead boots. 

There's a lot that needs to be addressed at this club, but the complete lack of pace in team is chronic. 

• Like 2

I've always been on Pears side but today's just shown he will always have an error in him. If we can get rid of him along with the Swedish guy, lets just start afresh looking for 2 new keepers next season. Pears is always making the wrong decisions. This is why you arent good with the ball at your feet, stop passing around in your penalty area and invite unnecessary pressure. Any chance of us coming back into the game was gone when Pears and Hyam messed that up. And don't get me started on 'captain' Hyam. How did he get POTS last season, we must have been really shite.

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Wolves away and we almost fucked that up from 3-0 up!

You may understand my anger at the start now , can tell within the first 10 what rovers have turned up , we done nothing to win that game, everything to lose it. 
can’t help but feeling negative when it’s a well worn script 

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Outthought and outfought.

Most of them are spineless, but special mentions to Brittain, Hyam and Gallagher.

Adding Buckley into this.  Still not sure why tronstad goes off.  Buckley isn't up to it and hasn't developed since breaking through the team. 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
17 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

The point is that we shouldn’t have sold him!!

He was always going to go, if a PL team came in for him.

We missed the Pears howler because we were (naively) trying to work out who was warming up to come and change the game (ha ha). Saw the replay on Twitter and Szmodics immediately signalled to his teammates that Pears had given them 2 goals today. 

Edited by SpaceBarSlam
  • Like 2

If Shef Wednesday are taking 6 points of us this season, we deserve to go down. First half they couldn’t put a few passes together, shows everything about the quality of our team.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like pears own goal, why he hasn’t taken the free kick to claw it away, instead he lets it roll in.

It’s crazy what this club does to you, weekend ruined!

• Like 2

This is the price for setting the ambition bar to just trying to stay up - owners no ambition ceo no ambition DoF no ambition manager no ambition / useless delete as appropriate - team leaderless mostly useless / overpaid mercenaries with no ambition(SS excepted) - they've set out to just avoid relegation - well it's staring them in the face.... 

• Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

You may understand my anger at the start now , can tell within the first 10 what rovers have turned up , we done nothing to win that game, everything to lose it. 
can’t help but feeling negative when it’s a well worn script 

I’m not a fan of knee jerk posting during games mate tbh. I’ve seen too many games turned on their heads in no time over the years. But that 3rd Wed goal today pretty much sums up our two keepers tbh. If we do get relegated you can definitely point to that position as a deciding factor.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is Wharton's heart in it? Third game in a row he's come of injured. This is a bloke the other day who was moaning about not playing the other day. That challenge for the second goal summed him up, soft.

Yeah true, perhaps I’m being generous and ‘academy bias’ there. 
I just really don’t want to be watching Pears, Wahlstedt, Brittain, Hyam, Buckley, Gallagher next season. They’re all so so so soft, and barely, if at all, Championship quality. 

5 minutes ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

We missed the Pears howler because we were (naively) trying to work out who was warming up to come and change the game (ha ha). Saw the replay on Twitter and Szmodics immediately signalled to his teammates that Pears had given them 2 goals today. 

Oh, was that the reason? I thought Sammie was signalling to Gally "now you and i need to score 2 goals".

Edited by yellowsubmarine