BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We attacked tonight and created loads of good chances and should have won the game by 20 mins. Nyambe, Dack twice and Antonsson all missed good chances. 

If the Players had convert these chances we would have won 5 or 6 but they miss them. 

Players at fault NOT MOWBRAY!

But let blame the manager cos it easy and let appoint another manager would is another risk instead of backing the current manager who alot of fans believe in and want him to do well. Not sure certain posters want him to well on here

Makes you wonder who picks the players doesn't it.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, darrenrover said:

That's right but not really relevant to the discussion.

As an aside, a point was an ample reward for the 500 or so Plymouth fans who made the 660 mile trip (or so), hats off to them.

Feck off, we should have had more craft and composure than we had and should have put them to the sword but we didn't. Somebody should be accountable.

Nothing in football is a gimme just because of our history we cannot expect to underestimate teams on paper we should be beating & make a song & dance about it when we fall short we didn't even lose,  Build a bridge. It's relevant to the discussion because I realise the mindset & hunger Plymouth had nobody should be accountable because it what it is, in life you don't always get what you want or what you feel you deserve.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Nothing in football is a gimme just because of our history we cannot expect to underestimate teams on paper we should be beating & make a song & dance about it when we fall short we didn't even lose,  Build a bridge. It's relevant to the discussion because I realise the mindset & hunger Plymouth had nobody should be accountable because it what it is, in life you don't always get what you want or what you feel you deserve.

Aye ok, let's leave it there.

44 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'll give you that one, next? We were playing the bottom of the third division by the way!....

The same team that got a point against Shrewsbury and tonight Wigan only drew with Gillingham a team we won against. 

Plus for me far too many people on here just expect us to beat everyone and not face a problem. Well this league isnt just walk over for us and its time fans realise this. I am of the believe that if we play the way we did tonight and against Rotherham and keep creating loads of chances we will get promote. If you disagree fine but I will keep believing in Mowbray and this squad

I’d agree with you but for the fact out performances in general this year have been woeful, a few blips I can forgive but constant poor performances fill me with absolute no confidence than tone can do what’s required here and let’s be honest we can’t afford to stay in this league 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

25 shots

4 on target

11 off target(nyambe, Dack 3 times, Antonsson twice, Williams, Whittingham twice)

10 blocked

Eh? Surely a shot that is blocked isnt counted as a shot at all. (Unless its cleared off the line) The BBC site says we had 25 shots with only 4 on target. I read that as meaning the other 21 attempts were off target.

• J*B unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The same team that got a point against Shrewsbury and tonight Wigan only drew with Gillingham a team we won against. 

Plus for me far too many people on here just expect us to beat everyone and not face a problem. Well this league isnt just walk over for us and its time fans realise this. I am of the believe that if we play the way we did tonight and against Rotherham and keep creating loads of chances we will get promote. If you disagree fine but I will keep believing in Mowbray and this squad

Until the club sack him, at which point you will approve it as a wise and necessary decision!

It was so predictable in the second half, all those high balls in to the Plymouth box, what is the idea about that? Hope to get lucky in the end?

Did ever Bennett beat his man yesterday? (Maybe he did, but I can't recall). We need wingers like Chapman who can do that. Antonsson did that some times, but his end product is nowhere good enough.

And did we actually pay a fee for Gladwin?!

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Eh? Surely a shot that is blocked isnt counted as a shot at all. (Unless its cleared off the line) The BBC site says we had 25 shots with only 4 on target. I read that as meaning the other 21 attempts were off target.

Twenty one hapless efforts. Including seven lashes over the bar. Four awful headers and a flurry of pointless shots at shins and thighs.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We attacked tonight and created loads of good chances and should have won the game by 20 mins. Nyambe, Dack twice and Antonsson all missed good chances. 

If the Players had convert these chances we would have won 5 or 6 but they miss them. 

Players at fault NOT MOWBRAY!

But let blame the manager cos it easy and let appoint another manager would is another risk instead of backing the current manager who alot of fans believe in and want him to do well. Not sure certain posters want him to well on here

I want him to do well. He won't though because he isn't good enough. It's BRFC not TMFC. I want Rovers to do well, If that is with Mowbray in charge them great. But it won't be so no point in him and his dull football stinking the place out.

I was there last night. We didn't 'play well' we just had the ball a lot in midfield because they had 10 lined up on their 18 yard box.

Not sure certain posters want Rovers to do well. They are more concerned with supporting a failing manager than wanting Rovers to win.

Buck stops with he manager, as it always does

42 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not good enough,not by a long way.Starting to have concerns that this bunch of Rovers misfits are not playing for Mowbray...we have major problems.

When the best players are mainly kept on the bench for 'impact', is it any wonder?

Why he keeps taking Dack off, when we need a goal off is beyond me.  He makes things happen.  

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There were a LOT of shots which failed to hit the target. Players taking pot shots with little or no guile because of how few genuine chances our set up carved out. No room for a single youth player in a squad of 18 and then bringing Gladwin on near the end just showed how stubborn Mowbray is. Why are we using Alex Marrow MkII when we have an in-form goal machine in the reserves?

56 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not good enough,not by a long way.Starting to have concerns that this bunch of Rovers misfits are not playing for Mowbray...we have major problems.

This is key actually.

I've not yet said Mowbray has to go, although whilst he is negative, leaves Chapman on the bench, plays people out of position, refuses to try the youth players and give Gladwin game time, he is making a rod for his own back.

However if the players aren't playing for him, what do you do? He either needs to kick their arses into shape or ultimately he will have to go. Spoilt brats they may be, but unless you get them on side they won't win you football matches.

Back to the game, yes we missed lots of chances but I asked the question the other day that if Graham is now past it, which other striker will score you 20 goals a season. None. Samuel has tailed off, Antonssen isn't good enough so is getting thrown out of position, Gladwin is a travesty. We also haven't got a centre half who is going to create havoc from corners and set pieces.

Is it any wonder that 15 teams in this league have scored more than us?

Chapman, burst on to the scene as a right winger, terrorising defences, providing assists and scoring goals. 

So, Tinker Tony decides to switch him to the left, ‘inverted wingers’ and all that @#/? and is now not as effective. But not just that, Mowbray is now actually moving players to other positions to accomadate Chapman on the left, so we end up with another player out of position.

His constant meddling will cost us big time. 

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure certain posters want Rovers to do well. They are more concerned with supporting a failing manager than wanting Rovers to win.

It's just as easy to point out "certain posters" obviously have no grasp of the finer details at play within Ewood, despite the fact we should be used to it after 7 years of this ownership employing a structure that simply doesn't work.

TM needs to get much more out of the squad, but surely you can't be ignorant of the pitfalls that are involved when rolling the "Rao dice"?

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I don't blame the players. Frequent changes of line ups, random subs, playing players frequently out of position, publically after every defeat being targeted.

whod want to play under him exactly?

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The phenomena of the Failing Manager Superfan, or FMS.

Just now, Biz said:

It's just as easy to point out "certain posters" obviously have no grasp of the finer details at play within Ewood, despite the fact we should be used to it after 7 years of this ownership employing a structure that simply doesn't work.

TM needs to get much more out of the squad, but surely you can't be ignorant of the pitfalls that are involved when rolling the "Rao dice"?

Look at the post I was responding to. I was using the same childish logic.

As for the finer details were you actually there last night? You kept banging on about shots on target and a chance every 180 seconds. Absolute nonsense.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Look at the post I was responding to. I was using the same childish logic.

As for the finer details were you actually there last night? You kept banging on about shots on target and a chance every 180 seconds. Absolute nonsense.

I didn't see who you'd quoted, I also watched on iFollow. We created enough chances to score a few goals, the Gladwin miss at the end was stupendously bad.

Point remains though - this "sack Mowbray" mentality is ignoring the Indian elephants in the room.

We are in the results business. Missed chances, possession and any other statistic doesn't matter if you don't win. These numbers are used as excuses by managers and fans who are in denial. And the manager is responsible for results. Mowbray is negating his responsibility if he is hiding behind numbers.

• Backroom

For those pointing out that Shrewsbury and Wigan have drawn unexpected games.

That may be true but they have afforded themselves the odd slip up, our odd slip ups are just as common as our good results so we don't have that luxury.

Dress it up if you will, we didn't win that game last night against bottom of the league, nor did we particularly deserve to, not enough urgency or desire from the sidelines or on the pitch.

Mowbray is failing overall, last night another example of that.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

NOT READ A WORD MOWBRAY has said but another clueless idiot with personal dig yet again. so predictable and 

we are 2 points of the top 6 with 2 games in hand. 

created chances after chances. 

its the players who miss the chances not the manager

and who signs, coaches and selects these players!?!?

Nuttall has a natural instinct for scoring goals yet Mowbray overlooks him match after match.

Chaddy, stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Just now, Biz said:

Point remains though - this "sack Mowbray" mentality is ignoring the Indian elephants in the room.

Agree with you there but I would honestly roll the Rao dice than keep Mowbray. Promotion is our only hope and it has to be this season. A full of season of the dull fayre on offer and there'll be no one there next season. I personally won't buy another season ticket to watch a Mowbray team. It isn't good for my blood pressure!

Knew you weren't at the game.;)

Archived