BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

We have to beat Ipswich. Dismantled squad and a load of League 1 level additions!! 

Nolan is a decent player but im happier with what we have in that position right now. Nsiala would be ideal if we were looking for CB cover. 

They have lost a ton of their players who refused new contracts to go elsewhere. They will struggle to stay in League 1 next season, last season was their chance and they blew it. Manager gone, team now going - both making moves while their stock is high.

Just now, Pedro said:

Strong bet for relegation.  They were a cracking side last year - a real pain in the arse for us.

Checkatrade and a small squad was their undoing. Injuries, suspensions and tired legs caught up with them - much to our pleasure.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Scary thing is that 2006-2009 Jason Roberts would be almost perfect for us nowadays. Remember us shifting him out to reading and him being the driving force behind their rise up the table and ultimate promotion.

I remember saying to all my mates in 2006/07 that if you could combine the flair, control and finishing of Benni McCarthy with the drive, passion and power of Jason Roberts, you'd have Samuel Eto'o.

I totally agree. I used to say to my mates that he was 3/4 a world class player.  That missing 1/4 was composure.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

remember saying to all my mates in 2006/07 that if you could combine the flair, control and finishing of Benni McCarthy with the drive, passion and power of Jason Roberts, you'd have Samuel Eto'o.

That's a great analogy. I always thought the same 

• Like 2

So we could afford to pay 3 mil and wages for Armstrong - apparently. Certainly interesting if true. 

Completely at odds with the messages coming from TM and Sharp himself via the LT in the last few weeks though. Pretty sure Sharp has said on a number of occasions that we cannot afford AA. 

I dunno - I give up trying to second guess this lot.

Just now, DeeCee said:

Twitchy bum time, what must it be like for the team?

I dunno - must be tough for them sitting there with their thousands of pounds every week wondering how they are going to pay for their sports cars if we dont sign a striker.

Seriously though,  they will probably know more than us about who or what is likely to come in or what the targets are.

• Like 1

Point is TM won't pay that for AA even in the remote possibility it might get sanctioned and I think he's right. I like Armstrong I hope they get him he strikes me as someone who's just a few early goals and bit of confidence away from having a really good season and making a decent name for himself.

However to us at the min he's a 1.5 million player tops.

Exactly. What I think has been the message and the actual truth is that we could indeed afford to buy Armstrong and pay his wages, however TM doesn’t think he is worth that. He thinks he can get a higher calibre of player for that sort of money. We’ll have to see what happens in the next 8 days!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So we could afford to pay 3 mil and wages for Armstrong - apparently. Certainly interesting if true. 

Completely at odds with the messages coming from TM and Sharp himself via the LT in the last few weeks though. Pretty sure Sharp has said on a number of occasions that we cannot afford AA. 

I dunno - I give up trying to second guess this lot.

To be fair, TM never said we didn’t have the cash to spend. Actually he said he was happy with his budget. And a few weeks back Sharpe said the AA deal was too expensive but perhaps that statement was in context with the list TM has. So it wasn’t that we couldn’t afford AA, just that the deal was too expensive for our “D” choice...

when you look at TM’s quotes they actually haven’t changed other than around not being able to get them in early.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

You'd think it would be unlikely that we would sign anyone before Ipswich.

I think you would sign anyone who would improve the squad at any time. It doesn’t matter about Saturday. Palmer was signed but he won’t play on Saturday because of fitness issues.

The Championship season is a long one so you lay the foundations for that and players hopefully come in who can improve the overall quality.

5 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Agreed. What was worse under Bowyer is that we had Gestede and Rhodes, banging them in, yet we were only ever in the play off positions for an hour or something!

Didn't they'd both score over 20 that season? I remember we lost to Burnley and lost to Bournemouth within a few days then only drew at home to frigging Yeovil and that was that. We should have made the play offs with that side. :( 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

“Apparently someone is travelling to Blackburn tonight ready for talks with Rovers tomorrow about a move .... interesting”

?

Cant see it being Gallagher or Armstrong who was in Portugal

Hopefully its Chapman or Maddison or Waghorn. 

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And what will the doom mongers say when we do sign some players?  I am sure there will be some issue no doubt 

And how will the Happy Clappers twist things if we don't? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant see it being Gallagher or Armstrong who was in Portugal

Hopefully its Chapman or Maddison or Waghorn. 

God knows mate. Don’t even know if it’s true. Suppose Waghorn who I guess fits the remit. Based on the last couple of days, the rest are beneath us. He’s openly said he wants better than them!

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Would anyone else be underwhelmed if it was Waghorn?

Massively. Especially with the price Ipswich apparently want. Doubt we are interested and I fooking hope not he's a shite little lump. I don't care that he scored a few last season I'll put money on with anyone he doesn't score as many this season 100%. I'm not a fan :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Would anyone else be underwhelmed if it was Waghorn?

I seem to remember Waghorn being one of those 'oh no don't sign that donkey' players when we had a crap manager. Not looked up his career but I think he was like Heskey, worked hard, tried but scored less than a Jehovah's witness in a brothel.

• Like 1