BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe and Rothwell didnt have their contract extensions triggered until last summer.

He isnt going anywhere this window.Chill

Interest in BB is a lot hotter than it would have been in JR and RN at the end of last season though.

Is it technically correct to say that if he put pen to paper on a pre contract agreement with a side from another Country tomorrow, he could walk for nothing at the end of the season and there's nothing we could do about it?

I'm not saying that will definitely happen but I don't think it's something that can be left hanging either.

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Interest in BB is a lot hotter than it would have been in JR and RN at the end of last season though.

Is it technically correct to say that if he put pen to paper on a pre contract agreement with a side from another Country tomorrow, he could walk for nothing at the end of the season and there's nothing we could do about it?

I'm not saying that will definitely happen but I don't think it's something that can be left hanging either.

One would assume that with a 1 year option he would not be able to do that.  I'm guessing he's speaking to them, why wouldn't him and his agent explore the possiblities abailable to him and presently I guess he can speak with them and guage what wages etc they can offer him.  My main worry is he runs his contract down in pursuit of playing abroad, they cannot pay 25m+ and match the wages he would get here (Premier league) in one hit but if there was no fee, then his wages would be higher.  I worry he will move abroad and we'll be left with no fee to buy another striker. 

44 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

One would assume that with a 1 year option he would not be able to do that.  I'm guessing he's speaking to them, why wouldn't him and his agent explore the possiblities abailable to him and presently I guess he can speak with them and guage what wages etc they can offer him.  My main worry is he runs his contract down in pursuit of playing abroad, they cannot pay 25m+ and match the wages he would get here (Premier league) in one hit but if there was no fee, then his wages would be higher.  I worry he will move abroad and we'll be left with no fee to buy another striker. 

Obviously if the extension in our favour means he can't sign a pre contract agreement with anyone then there's no problem.

I was only posing the question as there appeared to be a train of thought on here at one point that we only had an extremely limited window within which to trigger the extension.

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Obviously if the extension in our favour means he can't sign a pre contract agreement with anyone then there's no problem.

I was only posing the question as there appeared to be a train of thought on here at one point that we only had an extremely limited window within which to trigger the extension.

I'd be extremely shocked if SW and TM missed the window and he walked on a free.  If that does happen we will 100% be under new management in the summer.

https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/exclusive-west-ham-leeds-record-level-fee-sign-brereton-diaz-blackburn?fbclid=IwAR1vKSREL2LrQ6Jrg1X7Qxt1-WT0LT_xffGAabCJnvw4o0yOyAZ1mzXvmx8

More than 30 million to even think about it. If true, that should hopefully do the trick.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, LordBaltimore said:

I was reading in the Spanish press that Sevilla is indeed still interested in BBD's services and will consider EURO$35M bid for him.  We'll see.  Given how much he would cost right now I think he'll stay put 

That's 30 million pounds as near as makes no difference the rumoured minimum amount.

5 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

I was reading in the Spanish press that Sevilla is indeed still interested in BBD's services and will consider EURO$35M bid for him.  We'll see.  Given how much he would cost right now I think he'll stay put 

That would be a very fair offer. And one we should reject.

BBD vs Wigan

Not his day today, though that offside was close & he had a nice hook shot 2nd half.  Ran at too many people.  (WTF is up with your keeper?  Pears?  Was he betting AGAINST himself today?  In tropical countries, he would end up shot for a performance like that.)

• Like 3

I read this yesterday in a Catalan sports newspaper but it seemed a little out there so I didn't post it.  But since now a British sports paper is reporting it, here it is....

Now Barcelona and Real Madrid are linked with incredible transfer move for Championship star

Barcelona and Real Madrid have joined Sevilla--and half the Premier League--in being linked with Blackburn's Ben Brereton Díaz

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/now-barcelona-and-real-madrid-are-linked-with-incredible-transfer-move-for-championship-star

Edited by LordBaltimore

There is no way Barcelona or Real Madrid want Brereton, surely. I've always thought even Sevilla - who win the Europa League whenever they feel like it and are otherwise fairly regular in the Champions League - would be a remarkable move. 

The guy at FFT is a Rovers fan and has done loads of pieces about BBD and tweets about him tons, so doubt it gives any more credibility to the link, but it makes for a great headline.

If he did end up at either though - maddest transfer of all time. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m not confident he can cut it at Newcastle unless they have resigned themselves to relegation and it’s a buy for the future . Why on earth would Barca and Madrid want him. They must have there own kids as good as him

Barca are churning players out like nothing else at the moment. Technically, they are streets ahead of Brereton, the latest one being a striker Ferran Jutgla.

I'd be gobsmacked if they gave BBD a moments thought.

• Like 1

Yeah, the idea of BBD playing at either Real Madrid or Barça is beyond ridiculous at this point.  He wouldnt even start at Leeds right now, probably.  However the Sevilla interest is real.  I have no doubt the Spanish giants know who he is and they always keep tabs on who their rivals want to sign.  But that is the end of it.  Newspapers need buying, online articles clicks, and tv news need an audience.

Speaking of which, this still made the chilean nightly news.

¿Real or Barcelona?

20220111_125027.thumb.jpg.0eb61843b9f0216e5ff093623061b308.jpg

¿Does Big Ben Brereton tempt the Spanish giants?

20220111_125318.thumb.jpg.38566cbefe33a9cbc8fa44a2d4b064bf.jpg

20220111_125334.thumb.jpg.51978d3651dc248fb0c160f1ed6246af.jpg

Edited by LordBaltimore
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Rumours in East Lancashire are that BBD tops the Dingles shopping list if Wood's transfer to Newcastle goes through! 😱

I can’t see that happening, they couldn’t afford the fee now. It’d be a hard decision to make though - the Dingle dome or the Nou Camp ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Rumours in East Lancashire are that BBD tops the Dingles shopping list if Wood's transfer to Newcastle goes through! 😱

Lofl.Brererton is going nowhere this window and even if he was it certainly wouldnt be to our hated rivals when we are in the midst of a promotion campaign.

Brererton wouldnt go there anyway

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, dallydally said:

It’ll be their attempt at humour. 
Shit, just like their club.

• Like 7