BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I genuinely believe he'd have been fired from most, if not all, other clubs in this division yes. He's had four years, which is an almost unheard of amount of time in football management, and hasn't had to sell a single player during that time bar Raya - and I suspect that was all down to Mowbray rather than anyone forcing his hand. 

And during those four years there has been very little progression. He had a very strong squad for League One standards and couldn't even win that. In fact it's  becoming more and more clear that the bits of magic from Dack/Mulgrew etc got us out of that league more than any cohesive plan or structure - something you can get away with in League One and something that'll never, ever get you promoted out of the Championship. 

It's gone totally and utterly sour for me, any goodwill he built up for getting us promoted out of League One (which I still think was a slam dunk) has been long and truly eroded as he now just looks like a desperate old has been, who simply isn't very good at his job and will do anything - including insulting fans and spouting guff for the owners benefit - to keep his job. 

Get out Mowbray, you're no longer welcome. 

Its gone sour for me too but his sacking will depend on his targets and/or his relationships at the club. If his target is develop 'assets' at the club he can point to Dack, AA etc. If his target is top 6 or bust he's going to struggle. And he wouldn't have been sacked at most clubs as he's not been in a relegation scrap at any point - but again that comes down to the expectations of the owners. 

Bottom line, this isn't normal club. The manager appointed the CEO who is his pal. The owners appear to have little ambition for the club as they can clearly cover the losses and don't seem arsed by them. 

Just playing devil's advocate. I dont expect him to be sacked. 

• Like 1

You know what? I dont really care who comes in because, if what you're all saying about performance levels is true, (I've only watched us once this season so can't judge for myself) anyone with a bit of organising skill and authority could do a better job than Mowbray is doing at the moment. Look at what Woodgate has managed to do in a few short weeks as caretaker. It used to be a worry of mine that we wouldn't appoint better. Now I feel even the Raos probably couldn't do worse than a manager who has always been somewhat incoherent but now appears to have totally lost it. 

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No word from our CEO?

How long since he made a public appearance or speech?

I expect he will know which way things are going and will keep himself hidden until the summer then exit stage left before things turn really sour.

Seemingly having no one in the boardroom willing to make a decision, or worse are just a bunch of best mates with Mowbray to me is even more sickening than having a crap manager. Yeah Mowbrays crap, and his time has passed, but that happens at every club. The proper sickener is having a board and manager who are so friendly its verging on corrupt. Thats a sign of a broken club when the manager runs the boardroom.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No word from our CEO?

I expect he will know which way things are going and will keep himself hidden until the summer then exit stage left before things turn really sour.

Yep. What betting Mowbray then appoints another pal?

As an aside, the only way he’s turning around this death spiral is if Arma gets the wrong side of a defender and they go down to 10 early doors. I can’t see us beating anyone 11 v 11 at the minute - we’re that useless. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

11 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm sorry but with this comment he has almost reached Kean levels of hate for me. He say's this about our great club yet when we played his beloved Boro (who have one major honour in their entire history) the other week he talked them up like they were Man United. If he really wants to show the club a bit of respect then just bugger off.

Talking about our club in the ‘third person’ as though his team and Blackburn Rovers are separate entities.

• Like 6

I take no pleasure or happiness from writing this us forward but we need a change of manager with fresh ideas to take over if we are going to get promotion from this league. 

Mowbray is honest, trustworthy and very decent person who has tried his best for this great club of ours. 

I am grateful and thankful of the job Mowbray has done since taking over as manager and for the last 4 years at the club. He has rebuilt a club and fanbase that was broken into pieces when he joined. He got us promotion from league 1 at the 1st attempt when other clubs like Leeds and Sheffield United struggle to get out at the 1st attempt. But after 2 years of building a squad that this year would challenge and get top 6 we have fallen short. He has bought us some good memories and those I won't forget. 

I feel any comparison to Kean and Coyle from any poster are embarrassing and quite frankly laughable when you think what they did.  

I wont keep bashing him every day or every opportunity as I think it is inappropriate to do so after the job Mowbray has done the club, fans and people of of the club. He deserved more respect from all of us in my opinion.

The owners and CEO have a decision to make and if the owners and CEO are happy with being mid table then fine but I want to get back to Premier League as soon as possible. 

I will discuss my thoughts on who I think should replace Mowbray as manager/head coach in the Mowbray's successor thread

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No word from our CEO?

Who says Waggott is leaving the club in the summer?

8 hours ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Hiw do you know that he is unsackable. This is myth not fact

Nobody but Venkys know if this is myth or fact. But taking a realistic look at the situation, you would have to say it is probably unlikely Venkys will sack Mowbray. I hope to whatever god that I am wrong. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I take no pleasure or happiness from writing this us forward but we need a change of manager with fresh ideas to take over if we are going to get promotion from this league. 

Is this until our next lucky win gets you to go back on this and be a happy clapper once again? Either Mowbray is the right man or he isn't. 

Time for people to make up their minds. It's this flip-flopping that's had us wasting the last 18 months at least...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel any comparison to Kean and Coyle from any poster are embarrassing and quite frankly laughable when you think what they did.  

Kean was 10x worse than Coyle. Judging them same way is as "embarrassing" as what you call out.

None of us wanted Coyle...but Kean was another level of dodgy in every single way.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray is honest, trustworthy and very decent person who has tried his best for this great club of ours. 

I am grateful and thankful of the job Mowbray has done since taking over as manager and for the last 4 years at the club. He has rebuilt a club and fanbase that was broken into pieces when he joined. He got us promotion from league 1 at the 1st attempt when other clubs like Leeds and Sheffield United struggle to get out at the 1st attempt. But after 2 years of building a squad that this year would challenge and get top 6 we have fallen short. He has bought us some good memories and those I won't forget. 

I wont keep bashing him every day or every opportunity as I think it is inappropriate to do so after the job Mowbray has done the club, fans and people of of the club. He deserved more respect from all of us in my opinion.

The owners and CEO have a decision to make and if the owners and CEO are happy with being mid table then fine but I want to get back to Premier League as soon as possible. 

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with more or less everything you say. I wont vilify Mowbray but his time has been and is gone and he risks that being forgotten if he drags on as manager. For his own sake as much as the clubs, he needs to go now.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree you can’t compare him to Kean and Coyle, especially Kean but...

You were defending Coyle to the point of trolling when he was manager.

23 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Is this until our next lucky win gets you to go back on this and be a happy clapper once again? Either Mowbray is the right man or he isn't. 

Time for people to make up their minds. It's this flip-flopping that's had us wasting the last 18 months at least...

I will always want Mowbray as long as he is manager here and Rovers to win games. I could never post that I hope my team losing to get rid of Mowbray. Thats arent in my mindset or beliefs. 

Is Mowbray the right man to get us promote and Premier League? No he isn't sadly and that is posted with a very heavy heart. 

is Mowbray the right man to keep us up and in mid table? Yes he is. I wish he come take us to the Premier League but I just think he can't despite his best efforts. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will discuss my thoughts on who I think should replace Mowbray as manager/head coach in the Mowbray's successor thread

The chances of being able to continually bump along in mid table are nil. The minute you stand still in football you are actually going backwards.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will always want Mowbray as long as he is manager here and Rovers to win games. I could never post that I hope my team losing to get rid of Mowbray. Thats arent in my mindset or beliefs. 

Is Mowbray the right man to get us promote and Premier League? No he isn't sadly and that is posted with a very heavy heart. 

is Mowbray the right man to keep us up and in mid table? Yes he is. I wish he come take us to the Premier League but I just think he can't despite his best efforts. 

I fear we maybe this seasons Hull with how we are playing at the moment.

Our next set of fixtures look horrible, will he be able to sort it out or will he go down as our first manager to take us to League 1 twice in their tenure.

He just doesn't seem to know what to do anymore and it looks like he is desperate to be put out of his misery and sacked.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was if the owners are happy with mid table championship team and willing to keep backing Rovers financially each year then thats they own choice. 

So long as they are happy with no spectators (and I don't mean cos of Covid).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Its gone sour for me too but his sacking will depend on his targets and/or his relationships at the club. If his target is develop 'assets' at the club he can point to Dack, AA etc. If his target is top 6 or bust he's going to struggle. And he wouldn't have been sacked at most clubs as he's not been in a relegation scrap at any point - but again that comes down to the expectations of the owners. 

Bottom line, this isn't normal club. The manager appointed the CEO who is his pal. The owners appear to have little ambition for the club as they can clearly cover the losses and don't seem arsed by them. 

Just playing devil's advocate. I dont expect him to be sacked. 

Fair points. The emotion of it all can get the better of me, especially after the last 3 games. Perhaps 'he would be sacked from any other club' is too strong a point but it's really there to highlight what a shit show the management of this club - from the very top down - has become. 

And no, I absolutely don't expect him to be sacked. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We are seeing standard behaviour as a manager gets to the end of his shelf life. Confusing tactics, constant changes of side and system, increasingly odd interviews, poor body language.

It’s a bunch of players that are no longer responding to their manager, it happens, 4 years is an age in the modern game, and the side is now merely treading water, the team is crying out for a new voice. 

It is amplified here because these situations drag on much longer than they do at normal clubs.

This. 

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The chances of being able to continually bump along in mid table are nil. The minute you stand still in football you are actually going backwards.

I actually think the team is improving (on a player by player basis)  - and you have to give credit to TM for that. The fact that we aren't improving in terms of league position leaves only one conclusion - that we need to change manager to take that leap from mid-table under achievers to promotion candidates.