BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

31 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

There have been times this season when Mowbray looked on to something - eg. the performance against an admittedly dreadful Newcastle side.

However, Holtby, who was key to that hasn't retained form, fitness or favour and no-one has filled his boots, yet.

Ironically, a fragile but talented freebie, in Holtby, is more important to the side that the multi-million pound forwards we've signed.

If Don Said is accurately reporting that Nyambe was left out of the match day squad on merit, rather than injury or illness or another reason, it is a terrible example of management. Nyambe deserved, at least, to be on the bench. We know that Buckley is not going to play much, after Mowbray hooked him from the sub cameo, so Nyambe, at least, should've been on the bench ahead of a player that is definitely not going to play.

I swear he's DARING the Venky's to sack him.

On the back of a woeful performance against PNE he turns up at Barnsley and trots the players out in a system we've not used all year, playing a style of football that's a 180 degree change from what we've tried to implement for three years.

He then starts a utility player at RWB who's coming back from a long term injury and doesn't put the RB he's been basically playing as a RWB all season on the bench just incase, y'know, the aforementioned player tires after being asked to roam the entire right flank for 90 minutes. 

Don't even get me started on Evans being the first change, Dolan being asked to play RWB or Brereton being brought on with 5 minutes to go. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm sorry but with this comment he has almost reached Kean levels of hate for me. He say's this about our great club yet when we played his beloved Boro (who have one major honour in their entire history) the other week he talked them up like they were Man United. If he really wants to show the club a bit of respect then just bugger off.

Absolutely. Another utter and complete lie to make himself look less incompetent. Yes he is less corrupt then Kean but there is very little integrity there. Many of his quotes could pass for Kean's and that speaks volumes. 

Horrible person. Horrible manager. Get rid 

• Like 2

No problem with Dunn defending Mowbray. We all have our own opinions and it doesnt tarnish his reputation.

The guy he is quoting is well of the mark. Acknowledge where we are ie accept medicority. Changing managers every few years as if managers lasting over 4 years is the norm. Using an example whereby a team that was stagnant suddenly got a play off place then won the league after an ambitious and imaginative new managerial appointment. And quoting a new philosophy which is a mystery to us all.

Screenshot_20210217-231608_Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I swear he's DARING the Venky's to sack him.

On the back of a woeful performance against PNE he turns up at Barnsley and trots the players out in a system we've not used all year, playing a style of football that's a 180 degree change from what we've tried to implement for three years.

Yes,and if you look the first goal was a direct result of the system not being practised and the players not used to it.  The right sided defender of the 3 should have closed the scorer down, his natural instinct was to go into a CH position, where we already had cover.  Absolutely no question that Mowbray is to blame, unless he's been drilling them all week on this system.........I suspect not.

**Tin hat on**

I'll probably get slated for saying this but I want Mowbray out far more than I ever wanted Coyle out or arguably even Kean out.

The reasoning behind this seemingly insane statement is that imo it's a full two years since it became blindingly obvious he was out of his depth at Championship level and needed to be replaced.

With Coyle we were usually well in games until one or more pieces of calamitous defending invariably cost us and I never thought we played that badly under him or that the players ever stopped playing for him.

Even Kean had us in 5th or 6th when he was sacked. That was relatively early on in the season and would probably have got worse but it's still a position TM could only dream of.

If Mowbray had have been replaced two years ago I'd have had full respect for the job he did in stabilising us and bringing us back up. Instead it just seems to me he's been in full self preservation mode ever since with this "jam tomorrow" "slow build" crap to explain away his ownfailings. As a result I've grown to really dislike him and nothing in his managerial stats in the meantime has persuaded me I'm being unreasonable.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

No problem with Dunn defending Mowbray. We all have our own opinions and it doesnt tarnish his reputation.

The guy he is quoting is well of the mark. Acknowledge where we are ie accept medicority. Changing managers every few years as if managers lasting over 4 years is the norm. Using an example whereby a team that was stagnant suddenly got a play off place then won the league after an ambitious and imaginative new managerial appointment. And quoting a new philosophy which is a mystery to us all.

Screenshot_20210217-231608_Twitter.jpg

Sacking managers every few years doesn't work......until they sacked the manager before Bielsa and got promoted two years later as a result!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

**Tin hat on**

I'll probably get slated for saying this but I want Mowbray out far more than I ever wanted Coyle out or arguably even Kean out.

The reasoning behind this seemingly insane statement is that imo it's a full two years since it became blindingly obvious he was out of his depth at Championship level and needed to be replaced.

With Coyle we were usually well in games until one or more pieces of calamitous defending invariably cost us and I never thought we played that badly under him or that the players ever stopped playing for him.

Even Kean had us in 5th or 6th when he was sacked. That was relatively early on in the season and would probably have got worse but it's still a position TM could only dream of.

If Mowbray had have been replaced two years ago I'd have had full respect for the job he did in stabilising us and bringing us back up. Instead it just seems to me he's been in full self preservation mode ever since with this "jam tomorrow" "slow build" crap to explain away his ownfailings. As a result I've grown to really dislike him and nothing in his managerial stats in the meantime has persuaded me I'm being unreasonable.

Agree with your sentiment, to me it’s the fact mowbray is almost unsackable and no end is in sight. It’s painful and wholly frustrating when you want something so bad but can never get it 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

**Tin hat on**

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. But imo everything thing with this statement is inaccurate. And actually insulting. He's much much better than Coyle and as far as credibility goes he's light-years ahead of that thing kean. 2 years ago in the championship it was positive and evident that he was building a squad. And we were making progress from where we had been prior to his arrival. 

The infuriating thing is now that he has that squad capable of kicking on, he just can't get them gel. As one off his biggest supporters I now believe its time for him to move on and see what happens next in the venkys roller-coaster. 

My money says it won't get any better but let's just see. 

• Like 2

He has lost the plot , players signed for no reason , no idea of his best team ..

2 years ago , defenders are coming ,still waiting !!!

The axis of Mulgrew , Graham and Dack is long gone ! 

Mowbray peaked in the 1st Division because of the above ..

Its time to go Tony !!

7 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm sorry but with this comment he has almost reached Kean levels of hate for me. He say's this about our great club yet when we played his beloved Boro (who have one major honour in their entire history) the other week he talked them up like they were Man United. If he really wants to show the club a bit of respect then just bugger off.

Hang on, hasn’t he been saying the exact opposite since he’s been here? That Blackburn Rovers should be aspiring to do just that? 

Getting to the divide and conquer stage with the fanbase, as he knows his belittling of the club will go down well with many a modern fan and useful idiots like Dunn, lowering expectations ever more.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

**Tin hat on**

Kean wasn't sacked though, he walked because his position became 'untenable'.

Much like I can't see Mowbray being sacked either his feet are that far under the table at Ewood. The issue is how do we make HIS position untenable.

The biggest problem right now is does he even realise how the fans are feeling? People would have been vocal vs Preston and again last night in the ground. Does he even read social media etc? Strikes me as the type who still gets a newspaper delivered every day. A lot of other fans would also be voting with their feet too and crowds at rock bottom. Nobody wants to watch that crap. I'll probably still watch us on Saturday but it's partly cos there's fuck all else to do just now! 

So to me the only way is for some of the stronger willed players to really give him both barrels. Fair play Dacky last night for speaking up, hopefully the rest of them get behind him and ramp the pressure up. More likely scenario is Benno will have ordered them all a pair of Tony Mowbray pyjamas to boost morale.

We could do with Rich Sharpe twisting the knife too as he regularly speaks to Mowbray. Appreciate its difficult for him though as he needs to maintain a relationship with the club or his position also becomes untenable if he's nothing to report on!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Kean wasn't sacked though, he walked because his position became 'untenable'.

Much like I can't see Mowbray being sacked either his feet are that far under the table at Ewood. The issue is how do we make HIS position untenable.

The biggest problem right now is does he even realise how the fans are feeling? People would have been vocal vs Preston and again last night in the ground. Does he even read social media etc? Strikes me as the type who still gets a newspaper delivered every day. A lot of other fans would also be voting with their feet too and crowds at rock bottom. Nobody wants to watch that crap. I'll probably still watch us on Saturday but it's partly cos there's fuck all else to do just now! 

So to me the only way is for some of the stronger willed players to really give him both barrels. Fair play Dacky last night for speaking up, hopefully the rest of them get behind him and ramp the pressure up. More likely scenario is Benno will have ordered them all a pair of Tony Mowbray pyjamas to boost morale.

We could do with Rich Sharpe twisting the knife too as he regularly speaks to Mowbray. Appreciate its difficult for him though as he needs to maintain a relationship with the club or his position also becomes untenable if he's nothing to report on!

How did Dack speak up last night? Must've missed that.. 

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Would they? Depends what his targets are as set by whoever it is that pulls the strings at Ewood. 

I genuinely believe he'd have been fired from most, if not all, other clubs in this division yes. He's had four years, which is an almost unheard of amount of time in football management, and hasn't had to sell a single player during that time bar Raya - and I suspect that was all down to Mowbray rather than anyone forcing his hand. 

And during those four years there has been very little progression. He had a very strong squad for League One standards and couldn't even win that. In fact it's  becoming more and more clear that the bits of magic from Dack/Mulgrew etc got us out of that league more than any cohesive plan or structure - something you can get away with in League One and something that'll never, ever get you promoted out of the Championship. 

It's gone totally and utterly sour for me, any goodwill he built up for getting us promoted out of League One (which I still think was a slam dunk) has been long and truly eroded as he now just looks like a desperate old has been, who simply isn't very good at his job and will do anything - including insulting fans and spouting guff for the owners benefit - to keep his job. 

Get out Mowbray, you're no longer welcome. 

• Like 2

Missing out on this season's playoff coupled with a manager who refuses to walk - we are not the only one's who can see he's lost the plot, no need to CCTV Ewood Park - it feels like relegation. Just wish we could voice our opinion.

Come on Andy Bayes & Rich Sharpe, you can see it! If Alf Thornton was at LT he'd insist on a front page "......FANS WANT MOWBRAY OUT....." . Give us something to cheer about in these historic dark day.