BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I keep checking back on here hoping someone's heard at least a sniff of a rumour, but no, nothing. It's so depressing & made worse knowing that we can't even get down to Ewood any time soon to vent our spleens & show what we think.

Even worse, I can imagine Mowbray & Waggott sat in his office reading the comments on here, pissing themselves laughing.

"Here Steve, read this one - Mowbray is clueless & needs potting now - Ha ha, if only they knew"

"Nah, Tony even better, look here, they've actually got a thread with people suggesting who should replace you! Ha ha"

"We are Blackburn Rovers & deserve better? Ha Ha Bollocks! BORO BORO BORO!! Ha Ha"

🤬🤬

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, tina said:

Safe as houses. His mate Maggot in charge. Indians looking forward to the IPL. We protest in vain. Hope I'm wrong

Welcome!

You are not wrong, in fact you've hit the proverbial nail on head.

However it is Mowbray that runs the Ewood show, not Swag, on behalf of the Pune Poo.

'Owning' a Football club whilst using some other idiots cash is what he's dreamed about.

It's based on some Americans philosophy, I'll try and find the article I read on this from years ago. 

Incumbent dictators are not dislodged easily

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I keep checking back on here hoping someone's heard at least a sniff of a rumour, but no, nothing. It's so depressing & made worse knowing that we can't even get down to Ewood any time soon to vent our spleens & show what we think.

Even worse, I can imagine Mowbray & Waggott sat in his office reading the comments on here, pissing themselves laughing.

"Here Steve, read this one - Mowbray is clueless & needs potting now - Ha ha, if only they knew"

"Nah, Tony even better, look here, they've actually got a thread with people suggesting who should replace you! Ha ha"

"We are Blackburn Rovers & deserve better? Ha Ha Bollocks! BORO BORO BORO!! Ha Ha"

🤬🤬

I’ve been doing the same all day it’s so demoralising. I’ve paid for most of the games on iFollow this season, I’m not paying another tenner while he stays in charge I cannot be arsed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Because he is still here after 4 painful years. Of course nobody is actually unsackable however but I’m sure you knew that or do you just miss exaggeration for effect 

Four painful years. Yep it was so painful getting promoted from league 1 at the first attempt. And 2 subsequent seasons of consolidation in the championship were also acceptable to most. It's only this season that things are starting to stagnate. 

• Like 1

Slammed at work today so turned my phone off. I was hoping that when I turned it back on would be several messages about his departure. Nothing. Just someone pointing out if we win the £176 euro millions on Friday we’d still not be able to clear the Venkys debt. 🙄

56 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Four painful years. Yep it was so painful getting promoted from league 1 at the first attempt. And 2 subsequent seasons of consolidation in the championship were also acceptable to most. It's only this season that things are starting to stagnate. 

Failure from his appointment. Relegated us. Yes we got promoted from league 1 but the football was horrible, no style , no plan, we got up in spite of him. Had a big budget and players too good for the division we didn’t need to sell. Two further years of poor quality football, false dawns, missed opportunities all while not having to sell and opportunity to spend. All in all, failure 

• Like 6

We’re undoubtedly his biggest success since getting wba promoted 15 ish years ago. Unfortunately for us with his failure at other clubs little old Blackburn Rovers is the peak for Mowbray. He’s not getting a shot at a team above us or a club bigger than us and he’s certainly not getting a job with such autonomy. He knows this and he’ll hang on to this gravy train with everything he’s got. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Has Mowbray ever 'walked' before?

Yes but as has been mentioned on here, he won't get a bigger job than this anymore. I don't claim to know what he is being paid, but I'm sure he won't command whatever his salary is, at a league 1/2 club which is the best he could ever hope for, should we ever get rid of him.