BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
1 minute ago, matt83 said:

I’ve honestly felt like it was the end of the road a few times this season. It never is. Throughly depressing state of affairs. 

Yep, quite a few performances this season where it's been obvious that Mowbray has lost the players mentally even if it isn't a full-on "lost the dressing room" mutiny. The lads aren't putting in the extra graft for the gaffer and looking at how he sets them up each match who can blame them at this point? They are likely as confused as we are by what the "philosophy" is, whilst our "journey" seems to be taking us off a cliff edge into the abyss of Championship mediocrity (and soon we may consider that a fortunate fate).

At most clubs Mowbray would have had his bags packed some time ago. Probably during that period where we lost 9 out of 11 games. Instead the manager and players carry on like zombies, a lifeless husk of a club in desperate need of change from the very top, let alone the manager's position. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yep, quite a few performances this season where it's been obvious that Mowbray has lost the players mentally even if it isn't a full-on "lost the dressing room" mutiny. The lads aren't putting in the extra graft for the gaffer and looking at how he sets them up each match who can blame them at this point? They are likely as confused as we are by what the "philosophy" is, whilst our "journey" seems to be taking us off a cliff edge into the abyss of Championship mediocrity (and soon we may consider that a fortunate fate).

At most clubs Mowbray would have had his bags packed some time ago. Probably during that period where we lost 9 out of 11 games. Instead the manager and players carry on like zombies, a lifeless husk of a club in desperate need of change from the very top, let alone the manager's position. 

It was obvious to those with eyes that see that he'd lost the players a few games ago. They're playing to get him out now in my opinion.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was obvious to those with eyes that see that he'd lost the players a few games ago. They're playing to get him out now in my opinion.

I pray for that. I was thinking before the game why don't the players just down tools . Clearly they have no respect for him. Its not as if there are fans to get on the players backs if they play badly

There have been times this season when Mowbray looked on to something - eg. the performance against an admittedly dreadful Newcastle side.

However, Holtby, who was key to that hasn't retained form, fitness or favour and no-one has filled his boots, yet.

Ironically, a fragile but talented freebie, in Holtby, is more important to the side that the multi-million pound forwards we've signed.

If Don Said is accurately reporting that Nyambe was left out of the match day squad on merit, rather than injury or illness or another reason, it is a terrible example of management. Nyambe deserved, at least, to be on the bench. We know that Buckley is not going to play much, after Mowbray hooked him from the sub cameo, so Nyambe, at least, should've been on the bench ahead of a player that is definitely not going to play.

Edited by riverholmes

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

very much looks that way, lets just hope this doesn't become another Venky Farce and they make a swift change before  player moral completely disintegrates and we go into freefall. 

Saying that I think for as long as top 6 is still mathematically possible and we win the occasional game then Mowbrey and his cronies will continue to bs the venkys(or whoever makes the big decisions at the club these days)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

reminiscent of ince,it was clear no one liked him,kean,just a complete buffoon and coyle,also a raving idiot,if you can`t maintain or get the players respect,then it`s over,goodnight and goodbye

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Mowbray confirmed he left Nyambe out as ‘he’s got to select a team, one or two won’t make the match day squad’.

He proceeded to play the crocked, long finished Elliott Bennett.

Absolute disgrace for me.

Bennett actually worked First half - but not to have Nyambe on the bench was criminal  (unless he has spat his dummy out)

29 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’ve honestly felt like it was the end of the road a few times this season. It never is. Throughly depressing state of affairs. 

I’ve wanted him out for as long as anyone else on this board but tonight felt different to me, he completely lost the plot.

• Like 3

• Backroom

If Mowbray had truly lost the dressing room or the players wanted him out we'd be getting hammered regularly. We may play some dire stuff but we aren't getting battered results-wise on a weekly basis.

The players just look confused and massively lacking motivation. I think they've lost faith in TM being the man to get us up, but have enough respect for him not to down tools and give up entirely. 

This makes the decline extremely slow and tedious. If we were getting smashed each week the pressure would pile on far quicker, but because our defeats are generally narrow and we pick up wins here and there it never looks that bad - even though as supporters most of us know this "journey" should have ended some time ago. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm sorry but with this comment he has almost reached Kean levels of hate for me. He say's this about our great club yet when we played his beloved Boro (who have one major honour in their entire history) the other week he talked them up like they were Man United. If he really wants to show the club a bit of respect then just bugger off.

You're right Tony, and it's because of chancers like you that we aren't.

Tony Mowbray. What a wanker.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

If Mowbray had truly lost the dressing room or the players wanted him out we'd be getting hammered regularly. We may play some dire stuff but we aren't getting battered results-wise on a weekly basis.

The players just look confused and massively lacking motivation. I think they've lost faith in TM being the man to get us up, but have enough respect for him not to down tools and give up entirely. 

This makes the decline extremely slow and tedious. If we were getting smashed each week the pressure would pile on far quicker, but because our defeats are generally narrow and we pick up wins here and there it never looks that bad - even though as supporters most of us know this "journey" should have ended some time ago. 

we hav`nt started to get hammered regularly because we`ve been playing limited sides lately,the hammerings will start soon enough when we take on the promotion chasing teams

• Like 3