BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship Season 2020 - 2021

Looks a decent appointment by Sheffield Wednesday.  Even if he can't keep them up this season - and it looks a tough ask - he looks the right man to take them back up should they get relegated. 

Notice Lambert has left Ipswich.  Not really surprising in view of the failure to get back into the Championship.  Once again his vision and that of the owners were apparently different.  It will be interesting to see where he turns up next.  It's been several years since he last achieved anything as a manager but, as we know only too well, that doesn't seem to matter these days at some clubs.

30 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Looks a decent appointment by Sheffield Wednesday.  Even if he can't keep them up this season - and it looks a tough ask - he looks the right man to take them back up should they get relegated. 

Notice Lambert has left Ipswich.  Not really surprising in view of the failure to get back into the Championship.  Once again his vision and that of the owners were apparently different.  It will be interesting to see where he turns up next.  It's been several years since he last achieved anything as a manager but, as we know only too well, that doesn't seem to matter these days at some clubs.

He's being linked to the Celtic job in one newspaper

20 minutes ago, AndyB said:

He's being linked to the Celtic job in one newspaper

Despite his history with them as a player I really can't see Celtic wanting Lambert as manager. His recent managerial credentials would suggest he's a busted flush.

Steve Clarke will be the next permanent Celtic manager.

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Despite his history with them as a player I really can't see Celtic wanting Lambert as manager. His recent managerial credentials would suggest he's a busted flush.

Cant see him stepping down as Scotland manager just yet maybe he will take it after the euros.

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Cant see him stepping down as Scotland manager just yet maybe he will take it after the euros.

I think that is the plan. John Kennedy will look after things until then. Clarke knows his stock will never be as high as this again. 

There was also some talk of an approach to Benitez by Celtic. That would be an interesting appointment as well, given who the current Rangers manager is.

Sheffield Wednesday appointed Moore seems a decent appointment 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Had about 5 years left on that ridiculous contract, didn’t he? so I’m sure that ‘mutual consent’ agreement will have set him up nicely...

Yes around 4 years left on deal but with new owners coming in. A new manager was always likely with the club set to be takeover. 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Isn't Steve Clarke a Rangers fan? 

Aren't Celtic appointing a Sporting Director shortly and he will depend then who the new head coach will be?

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't Steve Clarke a Rangers fan? 

Aren't Celtic appointing a Sporting Director shortly and he will depend then who the new head coach will be?

Clarke is certainly not a Rangers fan, not that this matters. Kenny Dalglish and Jock Stein, two of Celtic's most famous sons, weren't originally Celtic fans. For the record Stevie is an Ayrshire lad and childhood Killie fan.

I've heard a few rumours about sporting directors etc but the only thing that is certain is that a new CEO starts at the end of the season, Dom Mackay (not Don :))

Edited by oldjamfan1

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Does it really matter who is a fan of who? This is profesional careers we taliking about chadz, sometimes i think you are 13.

In general that’s fair comment but I suspect that anyone aiming to be manager of Celtic would be in for an interesting time in east Glasgow if he was outed as a boyhood Rangers fan.

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

In general that’s fair comment but I suspect that anyone aiming to be manager of Celtic would be in for an interesting time in east Glasgow if he was outed as a boyhood Rangers fan.

Not if everything was going right, on the pitch

16 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Rotherham winning.  Now just 8 points off relegation places 

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

Plus Rotherham have a game in hand over us 

Rotherham have two games in hand yet on Birmingham and Coventry who are on 35 points.

We have a game in hand on both but we may actually be 5 points off the bottom three.

Our next three games are against 12th, 4th and 2nd.

Shit is starting to get real.

Luckily Mowbray isn’t affected by results. Which will be pleasing for his fans.

• Like 1